Fall Spirit Crossing 9 -25 Nov

dougburns

Karaoke Queen, spoke with Ana (International Hostess) a few minutes ago after the pool deck barbeque, yes she will be on when you board (she departs the Spirit on Dec 5th). Will ck w/Paolo tomorrow on pax load for your cruise.

Rachel, glad to hear George and u had a delightful Danube River cruise.

PRweezer, concur Gustavo is one of our fav's as well. Moreover, Jorge (normally the Cloud Restaurant Mgr) comes on board Dec 13th and will begin the same time Gustavo moves down to the main Restaurant from Le Champagne. The Spirit (with Marcelo now serving as F&B mgr), will have the superstar MDR Restaurant mgmt team.

Nancy, know y'all had wonderful Symphony sailing, happy u caught up with our crossing tho we're now dealing with the dreaded p-word (packing).

Tonight was the outdoor pool barbeque on the Silversea Silver Spirit. Pls see pix below of Ida and fellow pax enjoying dancing to the Bee Gee’s.

quespirit004_zps469865ca.jpg

Sunday and another beautiful day at sea with smooth conditions, light winds, clear skies and temps @ 70F at 0700. Unfortunately, today is packing day(SOB). It's been a wonderful cruise and I think a great time has been had by all. Miss Lynn and I didn't go to the BBQ, but a good time was had by all who did, as Wes posted. We ate in the MDR, because Miss Lynn gets too cold on the Pool deck at night. Had a nice dinner with the Olives, Bette Whitehead and Alex Diamond, who is a very interesting guy. Tonight is dinner in La Terrazza with Wes/IDA, Dieter/Debbie, the Kents and David. More later!

Dear Doug and Miss Lynn, Steve and Barb Kent, Anita Ford,

I look back and realize what a magical time we shared with you. We are back in Los Angeles, London, Madrid, and Bern recording albums, producing new music and preparing for another wonderful Voyage with Paul Brown on Dec 13th. Pumpkin pie spices, fine Pinot Noir is coming up from the cellar, and we all raise our glasses to you our new found friends aboard Silver Spirit. Please enjoy a wonderful Thanksgiving surrounded by family and friends. May our paths cross again soon.

Tom Brady, Marc Antoine, Simon Carter, Julian Crampton, and Jan Fabricky

Karaoke Queen, the next segment will have 395 folks sailing…enjoy you cruise!

Keith; thank you for your as always very gracious words, yes the Desert was to die for (visually stunning) and extraordinarily delicious.

Three Chicks/Elsie; You’re very welcome.

Wonderful last day on the Spirit Fall Crossing. Pls enjoy some pix from Name that Tune (80’s), Boat Race, and the Last (La Terraza) Supper. Special thanks to our travel group for the outstanding Italian wine (Sassacaia, 2010)

Name that tune, first pix below is of our master of name that tune, CD Mike Witte.

tune002_zps302b7e2b.jpg

LtoR (Annette, Barb, Lucille (chair dancing) and Steve:

tune004_zps5821bede.jpg

Make your own Boat for pool boat race pix:

boat002_zpsc44bae32.jpg

boat012_zpsc33457c2.jpg

Last supper at La Terraza paired with outstanding Italian wine:

last002_zps8a3103ec.jpg

last007_zps8423021b.jpg

Edited by Host Dan

Rough night last night, but that will give folks an incentive to get off today. We're just about to arrive in FLL to end this wonderful cruise. Cloudy and windy, but fairly warm(72F) at 0630. And now the great exodus begins! More about the cruise when we get home. Have a great day all!

Thanks so much for taking us along on your voyage. We really enjoyed the commentary and photos, and greatly appreciate you answering all our questions.

Great to hear about the wonderful crew on board when we sail Dec. 13. We are now looking forward to it more than ever (especially since it was 14 degrees F this morning)! I hope you left some wine and champagne for us.

:D

Safe travels home....

Thanks to everyone who was on the crossing who's contributed to the thread. I've thoroughly enjoyed reading it and as ever it brought back lovely memories of the Spirit.

Watched the arrival into Port Everglades this morning, because as the first cruise ship I ever sailed on, Spirit holds a special place in my heart.

Thanks to all who contributed to this thread. I thoroughly enjoyed every day of your crossing, although I did commiserate with some of your rough weather! Wes, as always, your pictures add so much! As they say, a picture is worth a thousand words!

Thx john, duct tape, Herman,ravens croft, Christie; crossing was 10/10 fellow pax, crew..soon may use our open booking for nov 2014 cross barca to ft launder dale.. Includes nine consecutive sea days,

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks to all who contributed to this thread. I thoroughly enjoyed every day of your crossing, although I did commiserate with some of your rough weather! Wes, as always, your pictures add so much! As they say, a picture is worth a thousand words!

+1!!!

Safe travels home to everyone.

Christie...have a wonderful cruise.

Nancy

I am back at work already ...was there a cruise in the last few weeks ?

Seems like a dream now!

Girl... you are not well! But glad you are home safely.

I'm sitting here having a wee dram still thinking I should be in the Panaroma Lounge with all the folks. More tomorrow, but couldn't let your post go.

Have a great holiday all... we have a lot to be thankful for... like you guys!

I am back at work already ...was there a cruise in the last few weeks ?

Seems like a dream now!

Girl... you are not well! But glad you are home safely.

I'm sitting here having a wee dram still thinking I should be in the Panaroma Lounge with all the folks. More tomorrow, but couldn't let your post go.

Have a great holiday all... we have a lot to be thankful for... like you guys!

Can't believe the cruise is over so fast. Tell Barb hi for me.

What a great cruise! So many friends old and new! Way too much really good wine. It was so sad to say goodbye to everyone this morning. But back to reality. Pleasant, uneventful flight home, dusting of snow, cold, winter storm warning for tomorrow and Wednesday. Must mercifully give the shorts their winter rest. Hope all have as much fun on their next cruise as we had on this one!

Don, the Ana is Ana Menor from Barcelona as International Hostess. If you run through Wes's photos, you'll see her in some pix. She's a lovely girl. I wasn't on the cruise, but I know her from before.

Thanks. We thought that the other Ana had left several years back, but was thinking maybe she rejoined.

This was truly a memorable cruise - not so much for the ports but for the wonderful people we had the pleasure of partying with on the cruise. Our trip home was uneventful, and we were able to pick up the cats before going to the house.

Today was more eventful as Bob missed a step (fortunately the bottom step) and came crashing down on the granite floor. His ankle is ugly, and we will know the results of the x-rays in the morning. He is self medicating for now! My EMT skills were put to the test.

We're thankful that it didn't happen earlier since we wouldn't have wanted to miss a moment of the fun on board. Thanks to everyone for making this such a great cruise.