First cruise ship you sailed on

cruzky

MS Prinsendam (1973 Ship) in 1974...out of Singapore. I was just a HS Senior, and I thought that ship was HUGE at the time...350 passengers !!:D

I did win the Ping Pong tournament !! :)

That ship sank in 1980 in the Gulf of Alaska.

OH sailed on a Union Castle ship in 1949- Southampton to Cape Town- but it was for transportation rather than cruising.

My first cruise was on a ferry which had facilities for a longer holiday on board round the Hebrides- the Columba- in the late '60s. She's now one of the most expensive cruise ships in the world, the Hebridean Princess, and has been chartered twice by the Queen.

Our first "real" cruise was on Sea Princess, in 2006.

Carnival Conquest. It was a Western Caribbean cruise for my wife's birthday.

She was nervous and excited at the same time. She loved it so much that when we got back home, she got on the computer so see where we could go on the next cruise. :D

August 1968, Miami to Nassau, 5 days. I have no idea the name of the ship.

We had a great time though and there were few perks. I think there was 1 bar, a band, set times for dining for all meals and don't remember snacks. But there was a mid night buffet. Drinks were cheap; a beer was the same price as soda. Guess what we drank?

August 1968, Miami to Nassau, 5 days. I have no idea the name of the ship.

We had a great time though and there were few perks. I think there was 1 bar, a band, set times for dining for all meals and don't remember snacks. But there was a mid night buffet. Drinks were cheap; a beer was the same price as soda. Guess what we drank?

Back in '55 rye and rum was 10c a shot, and wine was free at lunch and dinner. Now THA'S when 'duty free' ment what it said!;)

john

I was a crew member on my Uncle Sam's yacht the USS Navarro in the South China Seas in the early 60'. My actual first vacation cruise was the Renaissance R3 in 2000 for the Polynesian Islands. Got me hooked. We have five cruises booked for this year.

Edited by geospyder

:D This thread seems to be deteriorating :D

JB :)

Was one of the Peter Pan themed rides at Disneyland (in Anaheim, CA), but I guess you already know that. I wonder if it is still there. I suppose it would be considered "low tech" by today's standards.

Our actual first cruise was on Royal Caribbean ????? from San Pedro, California to Mexico. This was many years ago. I can't remember which ship, but it was small.

Not really a cruise, but.......1956, I was 5 yrs old and we went to Italy to visit my grandparents on the "Andrea Doria". We were on the last eastbound sailing. We were supposed to come home on it in August but came home on the "Critstforo Columbo". That got me hooked on traveling on an "ocean liner". Since then between TA's and cruises through the 50's 60's 70's, so on and up to now, I've been on well over 100 sailings, and boy............have things changed over the years!

Edited by marco