Night Lights?

SweetPease

Silly, but asking anyway.. Should we plan to bring some sort of night lite for the bathroom? In past on other cruise lines, we have always brought one along. Wasn't sure if Oceania provides them. Thanks. Don't want to be the thing that goes "bump in the night." :D

Sometimes no nightlight.

We were on Regatta in January. There was no nightlight in the bathroom. We asked the attendant for one and got a song and dance. The is an outlet in the bathroom which has always had a flat nightlight in the past, it's intended for shavers. The nightlight may need to be tapped at night to engage,

We bring battery type of candles. Look neat and works like a night light. You can get double use, because we place them around the cabin during the evening. In fact our butler takes them at the end of the cruise since we don't want to bring them back.

Rick

We've been on 10 O cruises, and there has always been the flat green night light in the bathroom. I think it only works in that outlet, the one for razors. But if it's not there, simply crack your curtain and turn on the deck light (if you're in a cabin with a balcony). Otherwise, I guess it won't hurt to bring a nightlight with you.

Jan

We've been on 10 O cruises, and there has always been the flat green night light in the bathroom. I think it only works in that outlet, the one for razors.

Jan

It works on the desk outlets as well

Sometimes no nightlight.

We were on Regatta in January. There was no nightlight in the bathroom. We asked the attendant for one and got a song and dance. The is an outlet in the bathroom which has always had a flat nightlight in the past, it's intended for shavers. The nightlight may need to be tapped at night to engage,

Guess a previoius cruiser liked it!:)

We always have had a nightlight on each of our five Oceania cruises, although sometimes we have found it plugged into the outlets above the desk, from which I remove it to the bathroom.

Reminds me of the opposite problem that I had on our 2011 Marina cruise. The magnet on one side of the closet would not engage properly to keep the sliding door closed, which automatically shuts off the closet light. Therefore, that bright light remained on in the closet all night long. Because that closet on the "O" ships is about one foot from my bed, not a great experience.

Fortunately, it was fixed the next day after I reported the problem!

Edited by CintiPam

On one cruise, a neighbour often left their deck light on and it drove me crazy! I like to have the drapes open, and be able to see the moonlight thru the sheers at night, without their light brightening everything up.

I think a better option is leave the bathroom light on and the door open a crack. That way you are not bothering your neighbours.

Better yet, everyone should travel with a small flashlight and have it at bedside in case of emergency...but use it for navigation to the WC at night too!

...I think a better option is leave the bathroom light on and the door open a crack. That way you are not bothering your neighbours.

Better yet, everyone should travel with a small flashlight and have it at bedside in case of emergency...but use it for navigation to the WC at night too!

We do both of those -- keep the bathroom light on and have a small LED flashlight next to the bed. I usually remove the night light because my trimmer is cordless, and I keep it plugged in to keep it charged. I usually have no space in the cabin outlets for the night light because I have other chargers plugged in.

Agree, please do not leave the balcony light on all night. It really does disturb those in the next cabin.

We have always found a green night light in the shaver plug but as has been said before, perhaps someone took it.

We always travel with a couple of extra night lights as we also use them around the US. We also like one plugged into the desk outlet to give a little more light. We have even bought a 220 night light in a port to use in hotels, etc in Europe.

They are not a major expense or weight.

Thank you to everyone for the responses. We will probably bring a small nightlight AND flashlight as suggested, just in case ;). As for leaving the balcony light on, we wouldn't do that. We have heard too many complaints on other cruiselines about the disturbance. Have to agree it can be annoying. We often like to sit on the balcony late in the evening without the lights and enjoy the moonlight (when there is a nice moon). Have had problems in the past with our neighbors leaving their balcony lights on until the wee hours and it made our experience a littl less enjoyable (not horrible). Happy Cruising!! :)

• 3 months later...

Thanks to all for the information, which I need as I have my first Oceania cruise ahead. I might add that in a pinch, put your iPad by your bedside and open it to use as a light source. Additionally, an iPhone has a flashlight feature, which requires more attention to use.

Yes, I use my iPod Touch as a small nightlight but we always take a battery candle. Works great in the bathroom as a nightlight and also nice in the evening for ambiance.

Oh what a good idea. Everytime I go to a Girl Guide dinner function, I inherit another one and they just sit there collecting dust. Now I know what I can use them for.

Below is a pic of the nightlights we had on the desk and in the bathroom on the Regatta a few weeks ago. We didn't need the night light or flashlight we usually bring.

Regatta_Apr14_Ship_IMG_8380.jpg

Am I the only one who only sees one nightlight?:o

Am I the only one who only sees one nightlight?:o

I guess I should have written "the type of night lights we had on the desk and in the bathroom"

Since I am married to a teacher,I am used to being corrected. :D

I'm just impressed that someone took a picture of a nightlight! I thought I took a lot of pics, but I most certainly have never taken one of a nightlight. And yes, we have always found one in the room.

I was taking a photo of the plug configuration and the light just happened to be there. But I do take a ridiculous number of photos.

I'm just impressed that someone took a picture of a nightlight! I thought I took a lot of pics, but I most certainly have never taken one of a nightlight. And yes, we have always found one in the room.

Wow... good job. I remember it too... Very helpful :):)

Adding to tropicalkerry2002's and RetiredFL's earlier comments, please -- oh please! -- do not leave your balcony light on at night.

For those of us who love to sit on the balcony at night with only the star/moon light reflecting off the waves and to sleep with only nature's light outside, it is ruinous.

Please consider your fellow cruisers and turn that awful light off upon retiring…if not sooner. We will sing hosannas in your name!