Quick Question: Vapor Pens

megmoss

I have recently started vaping instead of smoking cigarettes. There is no tar in the vapor and the only smell is from the fruity flavors of e-liquid I use. I am sailing on carnival in September and I am wondering if they consider vapor pens to be "e-cigarettes" in their smoking policy. (Vaping is allowed all places smoking is not where I'm from, as there is no second hand smoke or odor)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have recently started vaping instead of smoking cigarettes. There is no tar in the vapor and the only smell is from the fruity flavors of e-liquid I use. I am sailing on carnival in September and I am wondering if they consider vapor pens to be "e-cigarettes" in their smoking policy. (Vaping is allowed all places smoking is not where I'm from, as there is no second hand smoke or odor)

Check with your cruise line,some treat them as regular cigarettes.

Edited by dkjretired

there is no distinction made between the real thing and any substitute. you may only smoke in designated smoking areas.

and I can assure you that there are versions/brands where there Is SHS, odor and issues. experienced it first hand at Thanksgiving. and yes the vapor bothered me as much as real smoke does.

there is no distinction made between the real thing and any substitute. you may only smoke in designated smoking areas.

and I can assure you that there are versions/brands where there Is SHS, odor and issues. experienced it first hand at Thanksgiving. and yes the vapor bothered me as much as real smoke does.

I agree. I find the sweet odors as annoying as smoke odors. And, there is nicotine in the liquids that I've seen. Yes, I read labels. I'm not sure that they are all that "safe".

Edited by Shmoo here

I agree. I find the sweet odors as annoying as smoke odors. And, there is nicotine in the liquids that I've seen. Yes, I read labels. I'm not sure that they are all that "safe".

I am rabidly and totally anti-smoking and believe that it is a vile habit. I do believe that there is a difference between real cigarettes and the e-cigs from the health viewpoint. People find it difficult to stop smoking because nicotine is an addictive drug that goes almost directly to specific centers of the brain. E-cigs or at least many of them also contain nicotine so the user gets the same fix as they do from real cigarettes.

However, the chemicals that cause cancers from cigarettes are not nicotine but the tars and other by products from the burning tobacco. Although there is not a lot of long term history of people smoking e-cigs, it is probable that they will not cause lung cancer.

Obviously, there needs to be much more long term research to verify this conclusion. Also, much of the research on cigarettes is on cancer and not the medical effects caused by nicotine in the brain.

The bottom line is that some people are so addicted to nicotine that they can not stop smoking even though they know that they should. For these people, switching to smoking e-cigs is better than nothing.

DON

Guess I'll be one of the rude ones & smoke my ecig/vaper pens where I want too instead of cigerettes. Dont care if people wanna say I'm selfish or rude but I'm dang well sick & tired of others who think they can ban public spots.

Granted, I understand the ship isnt really public space as it is owned by a company.. but until I have a cruise employee telling me I cant then all others can go to you know where.

The "smoke" from ecigs & the ilk does not smell like real cigerettes do, so far they havent been proven to cause the supposed same harm. So IMHO its not different from blowing fruit scented gum smell into the air. Besides I dont smoke ones that have any smell & very lil indicating smoke/vapour. The only way someone would know is if they see me put it to my lips.

Sorry folks but I'm tired of making smokers into bad people, I could sit here & pass the same opinion onto drinkers, or vegans, or tea drinkers, or any other habit I do not like. Nor do I smoke a pack a day, I used to smoke maybe 3 cigs a month if that, so I'm a sometimes smoker.

Snce there is no odor, you'll be able to use it in your cabin and no one will be the wiser.

I guess it doesn't matter if that would be a violation of ship's policy - just so long as no one will be the wiser. :rolleyes: It's only wrong if you get caught, right?

Edited by leaveitallbehind

Guess I'll be one of the rude ones & smoke my ecig/vaper pens where I want too instead of cigerettes. Dont care if people wanna say I'm selfish or rude but I'm dang well sick & tired of others who think they can ban public spots.

Granted, I understand the ship isnt really public space as it is owned by a company.. but until I have a cruise employee telling me I cant then all others can go to you know where.

The "smoke" from ecigs & the ilk does not smell like real cigerettes do, so far they havent been proven to cause the supposed same harm. So IMHO its not different from blowing fruit scented gum smell into the air. Besides I dont smoke ones that have any smell & very lil indicating smoke/vapour. The only way someone would know is if they see me put it to my lips.

Sorry folks but I'm tired of making smokers into bad people, I could sit here & pass the same opinion onto drinkers, or vegans, or tea drinkers, or any other habit I do not like. Nor do I smoke a pack a day, I used to smoke maybe 3 cigs a month if that, so I'm a sometimes smoker.

I am a smoker myself so I understand how you feel. I do know that on ncl you are not allowed to smoke e-cigs anywhere you cannot smoke real cigs and you will be told so by employees.

I use to be amazed by these thread but now simply amused.

the non/ex smokers that are infected with holierthanthouitis live for these threads.

IF I desired to eCig/Vape who would know or care if I did it in my room or balcony?

I'm always surprised that people are so bored with their cruise they have time to worry about so many things that have zero impact on them.

Carnival's smoking policy is right on their web page. This is considered an e-cig. You are not allowed to use in your cabin. If you do, they can charge you a $250 cleaning fee. If you have a balcony stateroom, you may use them there.

You may use them in any place smoking is allowed; that's it.

I use to be amazed by these thread but now simply amused.

the non/ex smokers that are infected with holierthanthouitis live for these threads.

IF I desired to eCig/Vape who would know or care if I did it in my room or balcony?

I'm always surprised that people are so bored with their cruise they have time to worry about so many things that have zero impact on them.

I am not a holier-than-thou nonsmoker. In fact, I'm one of the few nonsmokers I know who doesn't mind being around cigarette smoke (and actually like the smell of most cigar smoke)......but admitting that you would ignore a cruise ship rule if you wanted something just because you won't get caught does upset me.

That attitude does impact me ('the rules don't matter if I don't get caught'), and don't think it doesn't.

Edited by calliopecruiser
grammar.....grrrr

how in the hXX [no need to swear] would they know he using an eCig in his cabin? even if he was using a scented one. all he would need to do is put one of those nasty scented room fresheners on the desk.

All I did was quote the cruise line's policy. I am not really interested in any debate about the topic; I don't care what OP does.

Edited by 6rugrats

I am not a holier-than-thou nonsmoker. In fact, I'm one of the few nonsmokers I know who doesn't mind being around cigarette smoke (and actually like the smell of most cigar smoke)......but admitting that you would ignore a cruise ship rule if you wanted something just because you won't get caught does upset me.

That attitude does impact me ('the rules don't matter if I don't get caught'), and don't think it doesn't.

well if someone smoking a ecig in a room upsets you.. you must spend a lot of time upset. exactly how in the world would this impact you?

god, rum runners must put you into a real spin.

if you happen to be on the NOLA to Barcelona TA at the end of Apr on the Serenade let me know. I'll invite you for a cigar and bourbon from my rum runners on my balcony.

Edited by Sherlock43031

well if someone smoking a ecig in a room upsets you.. You must spend a lot of time upset. Exactly how in the world would this impact you?

God, rum runners must put you into a real spin.

If you happen to be on the nola to barcelona ta at the end of apr on the serenade let me know. I'll invite you for a cigar and bourbon from my rum runners on my balcony.

like!

I like to meet other travellers on this Cruise to talk about taking excursions.

Go to the Holland America Roll Call threads and look for your sailing. When you signed up for CC, you should have received an email that told you how to do this.

well if someone smoking a ecig in a room upsets you.. you must spend a lot of time upset. exactly how in the world would this impact you?

god, rum runners must put you into a real spin.

if you happen to be on the NOLA to Barcelona TA at the end of Apr on the Serenade let me know. I'll invite you for a cigar and bourbon from my rum runners on my balcony.

Actually, rum runners do make me nuts - and so I've simply learned to avoid those threads ahead of time (forewarned is forearmed). It makes me furious if I think about all those people proud about smuggling and thinking that it's OK to violate whatever rules don't please them.

I have a different point of view. Do what you want, how you want, just so long as it doesn't impact me. You want to smuggle booze? Knock yourself out. (And, yes. Theoretically, I'll be paying a higher fair. In actuality, I believe the bean counters at Carnival have already factored lost revenue into the fair prices.)

Smoking? I don't like to be around conventional cigarettes / cigars. And, I think we've demonized smokers quite enough. I'm leery of vaping. I don't really believe they know if there are health effects. Would I tattle on someone? Only if their exhale, like cigarette smoke, interfered with my ability to breathe. And, only if we were both in a non-smoking area.