Princess to Add 19th Ship to Fleet

kimchee1212

And all companies have sales, not just Princess.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

What Caribill was saying is that other companies, such as RCL have not had to put their new ships on sale to get them to sail full. Infact a lot of recent RCL sales do not apply to their new ship. Sure, years later, you can get a sale on them. Both Royal and Regal have had some pretty great blow out sales in their first year which is not a good thing for Princess.

I think it is safe to say that no company would ever have a sale unless it was necessary.

That would be foolish.

Mike:)

What does it say if they do a sale every week or every other week?

Honestly, I think it would be best to do 3-4 sales per year and have them be real sales.

What Caribill was saying is that other companies, such as RCL have not had to put their new ships on sale to get them to sail full. Infact a lot of recent RCL sales do not apply to their new ship. Sure, years later, you can get a sale on them. Both Royal and Regal have had some pretty great blow out sales in their first year which is not a good thing for Princess.

Strange that Princess isn't complaining about its new ships and earnings. They are building another.

:)

Strange that Princess isn't complaining about its new ships and earnings. They are building another.

:)

Yes, sad isn't it? It's actually their paying passengers that are questioning them. Maybe they should have done more questioning of themselves. Even the Edsel was made for three years.

The new Regal Princess seems to be doing well with 83% approval rating on CC so far.

Only 12 people have bothered to write a review though and last two are not good. I would have thought a brand new ship would have inspired more than 12 people to write about her.

Only 12 people have bothered to write a review though and last two are not good. I would have thought a brand new ship would have inspired more than 12 people to write about her.

There have been other reviews on the forums. People are enjoying the Royal and the Regal. I know it doesn't make any sense to you, but if you actually cruised on either one, you might see why.

An inside cabin on the Regal TA is $1000 more expensive than last year's TA on the Royal. There have been no reductions on the inside cabins since I have been tracking.

Cruisejunky has been a Royal/Regal naysayers since the very beginning. Many of us have sailed these ships and loved them.

People are enjoying the Royal and the Regal. I know it doesn't make any sense to you, but if you actually cruised on either one, you might see why.

As I have said, I'm reserving judgement until I actually board one of the ships. However, it doesn't follow that cruising one will make me see that they are enjoyable. It seems to me that most of the complaints about them have come from people who actually have sailed on them and found them wanting. I know there are also people who have sailed them and found them great. Time will tell if the new ship is a hit or a dud.

There are Princess cruisers that love the Grand class design and just wanted the Royal/Regal to be the same with just a few minor enhancements. They will never be happy with the new design and will continue complaining. How many other cruise lines have built essentially the same ship nine times over nine years? Princess tried something different and there are hits and misses. I don't feel that the misses will impact our first cruise on the Regal next month but I will post my impressions after our cruise.

One change I would really like to see is a forward facing lounge on Lido deck like the Crow's Nest on the P&O variant of the Royal/Regal, Britannia.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

As I have said, I'm reserving judgement until I actually board one of the ships. However, it doesn't follow that cruising one will make me see that they are enjoyable. It seems to me that most of the complaints about them have come from people who actually have sailed on them and found them wanting. I know there are also people who have sailed them and found them great. Time will tell if the new ship is a hit or a dud.

Excellent idea! If I had listened to negative posts on CC, mostly by those that had not been on her, I might not have taken the cruise on the Royal. These people were complaining before the Royal set sail on her first cruise. But I read the good and bad posts and saw the pictures that were posted when people were on her and decided to go and make up my own mind. It is a beautiful ship and we enjoyed our cruise. :D

An inside cabin on the Regal TA is $1000 more expensive than last year's TA on the Royal. There have been no reductions on the inside cabins since I have been tracking.

Cruisejunky has been a Royal/Regal naysayers since the very beginning. Many of us have sailed these ships and loved them.

Interior were $800 pp cheaper in May than they are right now

$ 2,019 2013‑03‑14 2013‑09‑05

$ 1,899 2013‑09‑05 2013‑10‑09

$ 2,099 2013‑10‑09 2013‑11‑14

$ 2,299 2013‑11‑14 2013‑12‑06

$ 2,699 2013‑12‑13 2013‑12‑16

$ 2,819 2013‑12‑16 2013‑12‑26

$ 2,779 2013‑12‑26 2014‑04‑12

$ 2,778 2014‑04‑12 2014‑05‑01

$ 2,779 2014‑05‑01 2014‑05‑06

$ 1,999 2014‑05‑06 2014‑06‑03

$ 2,779 2014‑06‑04 2014‑08‑02

And if I could just correct you...I was a fan at the start and booked on the Maiden TA with you but then cancelled

Edited by Cruise Junky

So you feel that if Princess has a sale, then it can't sell cabins without a sale?

Should we say the same for HAL, Celebrity, NCL, RCL's other ships etc.?

Can you tell us where to get the figures to support your claim? Thanks

Looking at current pricing as listed on a TA's web site. Does not factor in any past passenger discount for either cruise line. The extra taxes not included. These are for 7 nights out of Port Everglades.

Departing December 6, 2014

Oasis of the Seas -- Inside from $720; Balconies from $907

Departing December 7, 2014

Regal Princess -- Inside from $499; Balconies from $699

So, 5 year old Oasis has insides priced 44% higher than on the brand new Regal and balconies priced 29.7% higher than on the brand new Regal.

Departing December 6, 2014

Ruby Princess -- Inside from $599; Balconies from $899

So even the 6 year old Ruby can get higher pricing than the brand new Regal.

We need to consider that not every person that has cruised on the Regal is on Cruise Critic.

We need to consider that not every person that has cruised on the Regal is on Cruise Critic.

At the end of the day, there is enough about this ship for anyone to like and anyone to hate. There are so many hits and misses and some impact some of us more than others. It's really not the all over the board scores that this ship gets as much as the positives and negatives and there are plenty of both for many of us.

I would like to think that Princess would clean up some of the known defects on the Royal Class on this 19th ship, but nobody knows now what they will do. If they asked me, I would encourage them to forget about the Sea Walk and water fountain shows and invest in a central staircase and expand the balconies a bit. I really believe if that's all they did, they would have a truly outstanding ship. I don't know if Rai Calouri or other Princess executives read these boards or even take them seriously. I would hope that they do.

I don't know if Rai Calouri or other Princess executives read these boards or even take them seriously. I would hope that they do.
Probably as much chance of that as them reading the e-mails people send to them. Surely, they have more important things to do with their time. Sometimes I wish I did.

So having an opinion different that someone else is a naysayer? Many of us have sailed the Royal/Regal design and do not like it. I do not see why we should be called naysayers.....

Bob

Edited by Woobstr112G

Probably as much chance of that as them reading the e-mails people send to them. Surely, they have more important things to do with their time. Sometimes I wish I did.

They would have to have their heads in the sand to not know or understand the problems on these ships.

They would have to have their heads in the sand to not know or understand the problems on these ships.
I am just saying the top executives don't need to read these forums to be aware of any issues. How many people have sailed the Royal and Regal and filled out the customer surveys as compared to the number of people who have written reviews or complained on CC or Facebook? I have sailed two cruises on the Royal and I am not aware of any problems that would keep me from booking a third time. Edited by billco

So having an opinion different that someone else is a naysayer? Many of us have sailed the Royal/Regal design and do not like it. I do not see why we should be called naysayers.....

Bob

I wonder if there is room for a third camp. For myself, I don't love or hate the new ships. I don't use elevators; don't mind walking from one end to the other to go up or down; balcony size wasn't an issue; did miss the promenade a bit, but the running track made up for it. I did like the new technology, Piazza, Alfredos, and the Horizon Court among other things. The Royal was still enough of a Princess ship that I felt at home and I would book again. It may be a while, though. I have so many cruises on other Princess ships booked for this year and next that I may have to spend 2016 trying to pay for them. Edited by billco