A politically incorrect question

foto451

Hello all.

Now, I am not American (not even Canadian:D)

I am European, Danish in fact.

So this is being asked as if I was an anthropologist, no insult is intended, etc.

Can I, being a man, book a stateroom with a woman I am not married to - and have no intention to marry? I know that many are being married onboard so they may get a dispensation.

We are just traveling as friends but it would be much cheaper if we slept in the same stateroom.

Would the cruise company object?

Probably not, just want to be certain before I book.

Klaus.

Yes, of course, you can.

As long as you are 'of age', they don't care if you are married.

If you meet the cruise lines age requirements for occupying a cabin, book your cruise and enjoy.

Hello all.

So this is being asked as if I was an anthropologist, no insult is intended, etc.

Can I, being a man, book a stateroom with a woman I am not married to - and have no intention to marry? I know that many are being married onboard so they may get a dispensation.

We are just traveling as friends but it would be much cheaper if we slept in the same stateroom.

Klaus.

The only time it would be an issue is if you were both below the allowable age for your cruise line for traveling solo (i.e. two twenty year olds). Other than that it won't be a problem. (I will also add that if you both have different last names there is a chance that the beds will be seperated, but a quick chat with the steward will fix that.)

Hello all.

Klaus.

Make sure that you ask your cabin steward to separate the bed if that makes your travel partner more comfortable.

On our first cruise we were seated at dinner with an older 'couple' who travelled together, and shared a cabin, to keep the costs down. We only knew this because they were at pains to let us know they were not an 'item'.

No-one, least of all the cruiseline, cares with whom you travel or what your sleeping arrangements are!

I hope you both have a great cruise!

No one would be bothered by you enjoying cheap travel. My girlfriend of 14 years and I travel together and share a stateroom, but the difference is that we have relations in our cabin and sometimes on our balcony... I know too much information!!!:eek:

Enjoy yourselves and don't worry!!!:cool:

Hello all...........................SNIP.....................

Probably not, just want to be certain before I book. Klaus.

Klaus, I traveled this way with my best friend until he died 3 years ago. We went everywhere together and never thought about getting married. Don't forget you can set up two separate shipboard accounts. Enjoy your cruise and your good company.:)

No one would be bothered by you enjoying cheap travel. My girlfriend of 14 years and I travel together and share a stateroom, but the difference is that we have relations in our cabin and sometimes on our balcony... I know too much information!!!:eek:

Oh, no! Not enough information! :-)))

Hello all.

Klaus.

As everyone has said, no, there is absolutely no reason you can't room with anyone you choose. I'm curious about the question though - would this type of an arrangement be an issue in Denmark or do you perceive North Americans as having some sort of different moral standards? Just asking because I find the whole idea interesting. Enjoy your cruise!

Hey, relations on the balcony is the one thing not to do on your balcony according to cruise critic! :p

Thank you for your replies! I am rather breathless!

What an amazing response from you all 😎👍

Political correctness I am afraid is the default in all western countries. The cancer of civilization. Eh?!

Anyway, I am - thanks to you all - looking forward to a future cruise with my Norwegian colleague.

We both work for a certain American parcel delivery company, just outside Copenhagen - Danes. Swedes and Norweigians together.

Pictures will be forthcoming in due course!

Klausk

<snip>

Political correctness I am afraid is the default in all western countries. The cancer of civilization. Eh?!

<snip>

Klausk

Post of the day!

There is a very nasty news story in UK at the moment (about child abuse) which would probably have been dealt with years ago, had it not been for the 'pernicious cancer' of political correctness and the fear engendered by it.

It has infected (I use the word deliberately) our Government, Law Enforcement and other institutions.

Anyway, I am - thanks to you all - looking forward to a future cruise with my Norwegian colleague.

We both work for a certain American parcel delivery company, just outside Copenhagen - Danes. Swedes and Norweigians together.

Klausk

Wait a minute here! We were fine with you bringing a woman on board, but a Dane and Norwegian rooming together? :eek: You didn't mention that earlier. Sounds sort of kinky to me!:p