Elite passengers... Coming or Going?

Dreamer333

This may sound morbid, but I'm curious to know which ratio is happening quicker? The rate of passengers becoming Elite? Or the rate of current Elites passing away (or no longer able to travel)?

It does sound morbid. Yuk!

This makes it sound like Elite are about to kick the bucket. :( Which is far from true, particularly with so many short cruises now and people taking B2B2B2B to get to the next level. :) My daughter will be Elite on her next Princess cruise and she's in her 30's.

Given that there are many who feel it's far to easy to reach Elite status due to the number of very short cruises available I'd have to say that the ranks of Elite are definitely growing rather than shrinking.

This may sound morbid, but I'm curious to know which ratio is happening quicker? The rate of passengers becoming Elite? Or the rate of current Elites passing away (or no longer able to travel)?

Yes, we know were you are coming from and have had the same thoughts.

We refer to it as Princess's aging base, I would say more coming then going for now.

I would all so say Princess does have this graphed and charted.

Our 10 year old daughter has 22 Princess cruises for 221 days at sea,she will not become an Official Elite Member till her 18th. birthday, we have been told she is one of Princess Cruises most traveled youngest passengers.

The next generation of cruisers have arrived.

John,Laura and Gaby

Seattle,Wa.

Go Hawks

For a cruise out of Los Angeles, where we all were in a circus tent for check-in the Platinum/Elite line was almost as long as the normal line when boarding started, and it certainly was not a geriatric society.

The number of well travelled passengers is growing.

I doubt anyone would have numbers for this. When an Elite passes away or just stops sailing, Princess would not be notified except to cancel a future cruise

There was a poster here a few weeks ago that was having an issue

because princess thought they were dead.

Most businesses clean their databases with a run against the

social security death master file -- and it sounds like Princess

does the same.

This probably has the advantage of not upsetting Bob Smith's

widow by sending Bob great offers, birthday cards, etc.

Cruising is more affordable than ever so more people are cruising than ever. That's the only statistic needed to say that there are getting to be more and more active Elites with every passing day.

I'm 57 and my wife is 53. We became Elite in April on our 16th Princess cruise with 140 days. We have now done 19 Princess cruises and are at 182 days. So our average cruise is now 9.5 days long. Our shorter cruises were in our early days of cruising including one 4 day cruise in 2009 and all others 7 days or longer.

Terry

Edited by AE_Collector

For a cruise out of Los Angeles, where we all were in a circus tent for check-in the Platinum/Elite line was almost as long as the normal line when boarding started, and it certainly was not a geriatric society.
I've been on cruises with hundreds, maybe 1,000 Elite and 1,500 Platinum and Elite. The so-called Preferred boarding check-in and boarding area was ridiculously crowded.

I've been on cruises with hundreds, maybe 1,000 Elite and 1,500 Platinum and Elite. The so-called Preferred boarding check-in and boarding area was ridiculously crowded.

As was the departure lounge at the end of the cruise.

On an Australian based ship, yes.

You got me there. But I gather in the rest of the world (except sailings out of Southampton) where the primary on the booking must be 21, if the 18 was the only Elite they would not only not get the mini bar set up but would have to scratch and claw for all the other benefits.

As was the departure lounge at the end of the cruise.

Never ceases to amaze me how on a sailing with 1200 or more Platinum and up they will use Wheelhouse Bar as the disembarkation lounge.

Edited by fishywood

Once we have been born, we are all, as you say, 'going'.

The only issue is how fast we are 'going' and how much further we have 'to go'.

My personal ambition is to be shot, on my 100th birthday, by a justifiably jealous husband.