Host Andy - Live From Celebrity Eclipse

Andy

Hi Everyone,

It's a beautiful day, and, it's also Day 1 of our upcoming 2 weeks onboard Celebrity Eclipse. We're headed to the Port of Miami shortly. We're super excited, and can't wait to be onboard this beautiful Celebrity ship once again.

I will try to post an update tonight or tomorrow - as long as the internet cooperates. Please Stay Tuned.

Wishing our dear Cruise Critic community, your families, and everyone at Celebrity a very Happy Thanksgiving !

Hi Everyone, It's a beautiful day, and, it's also Day 1 of our upcoming 2 weeks onboard Celebrity Eclipse. We're headed to the Port of Miami shortly. We're super excited, and can't wait to be onboard this beautiful Celebrity ship once again.

Hi, Andy! Good luck on your exciting journey/adventure! Appreciate your postings and work on these boards. Please give us lots of details on your activities in the ports. Especially for Oranjestad/Aruba, Willemstad/Curacao, Kralendijk/Bonaire, Bridgetown/Barbados and Philipsburg/St. Maarten.

We are getting ready for a Jan. 25-Feb. 20, 2015, Amazon River-Caribbean combo back-to-back sailing over 26 days on another cruise line. Am really interested in what's best for these famed ABC islands and at the busy port of Philipsburg/St. Maarten. This will be our first time to do that much in the Caribbean.

For Philipsburg/St. Maarten, per CruiseCal.com, this port on our single day there of Feb. 19, 2015, we will have seven ships: P&O’s Oceana’s 2,016 passengers and crew of 889, Silver Cloud’s 296 passengers and crew of 222, Noordam’s 1,916 passengers and crew of 800, Carnival Triumph’s 3,143 passengers and crew of 1,100, Celebrity Silhouette’s 2,886 passengers and crew of 1,500, Allure Of The Seas’s 5,400 passengers and crew of 2,384 and Regal Princess’s 3,560 passengers and crew of 1,346. WOW! That could add up to a large portion of 19,217 passengers and 8,241 crew members hitting this one port on one day. Is the potential of more than 27,000 passengers and crew landing in one port a near record? Will this port day be a "zoo" or just kind of normal and crazy there? Don't know well prepared is St. Maarten for managing these kinds of crowds/mobs.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Enjoyed a 14-day Celebrity Solstice, Jan. 20-Feb. 3, 2014, Sydney to Auckland adventure, getting a big sampling for the wonders of "down under” before and after this cruise. Go to:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1974139

for more info and pictures of these amazing sights in this great part of the world. Now at 86,832 views for this posting.

Hi Andy,:) don't worry about keeping up with this.....just go and have

a wonderful cruise with your Mom:)..........

I was on Reflection the week of 11/8 and never went on the net.....

didn't even go to print my boarding pass the day before we

disembarked. The free internet I get was never used this cruise;)

Happy Thanksgiving to you as well:D

Hi Andy. Be sure to leave the ship in good shape. We'll be getting on when you are getting off. I've been on most of the other S class ships and can hardly wait to get on board this one. Sounds like a great itinerary and I'll be looking forward to your notes and comments.

Hi Andy,

I know that Celebrity usually holds over the crew during Christmas and the holidays until the second disembarkation of the new year. When we were on the Solstice, we were told that about 80 crew were going home the same day we disembarked. However, this time we'll still be on the Eclipse to the next cruise and I'm just wondering if there will be a mass entrance to the ship for our second cruise.