Most Traveled

lois1112

I just got off the Grand and the most traveled passengers had 1415 days.........that seems like a huge amount of time (almost 4 years) from the picture, the couple didn't look that old (oldish)

what is the most anyone has seen (I thought my 29 cruises was "a lot" but I guess not)

It all adds up over the years if you keep cruising. For my last two cruises I have been in the most travelled private lunch group. If I keep cruising every year for the next 50 years which is possible then I will definitely be the most travelled one day.

There are some people that have several thousand days at sea.

Where I come from it is not unusual to be able to take 4 to 6 weeks annual leave per year and it is the same as Europe. By international standards the leave Americans get is quite low. When you come to tally up the numbers just look at where the people came from, how much leave they get per year and how old they are.

We got off the Crown this morning. Of the top three introduced at the Captain's Circle cocktails, each were about 1500 days and well over 100 cruises.

There were over 500 Elites and 700 Platinum. About 75% had sailed on Princess and only about 25% had blue cards.

As time passes the numbers grow higher.

P&J

For the Most Traveled, the number of cruises doesn't come into play. It's not unusual for the majority of passengers to be Platinum or Elite. Often, the cut-off for the Most Traveled luncheon is close to or over 400 days. It's also not unusual for the most traveled to be well over 1,000 days.

We have been among the most traveled for at least our last 10 cruises and even been Most traveled twice. We have less than 400 days. Just depends on which cruise you are on.

It is now a cocktail party and not a luncheon. NO BIG DEAL! Especially for non drinkers.

We have been among the most traveled for at least our last 10 cruises and even been Most traveled twice. We have less than 400 days. Just depends on which cruise you are on.

I was on the Grand Princess to the Canary Islands after the dry dock in June 2011 and at 306 days I didn't make the cut for the most travelled passengers' luncheon - for the first time since 2007!. I guess a lot of seasoned Princess cruisers wanted to see the ship after Skywalker was removed - the Canary Islands itenary was new and it was also an Art themed cruise with Michael Godard on board. (he's a really, really nice guy)

The following month on Crown Princess to the Norwegian Fjords at 317 days I was 3rd most travelled passenger.

The year after, I took Grand Princess to the Norwegian Fjords and at 380 days I was 2nd most travelled. The 3rd most travelled had done 379 days - so I made it by a whisker!

Now up to 466 days but I doubt I'll be in the top 3 on Royal Princess in March.

Certain itenaries seem to attract a lot of well travelled passengers while others attract new cruisers. Being relatively cheap, cruising ex UK to the Fjords must attract a lot of newcomers.

Edited by lake5298

On the West coast cruises there are so many well traveled. They stay on the ships for multiple cruises. I have never made luncheon on any of those (Mexico, Hawaii, Coastal). We have over 400 days. They still have luncheons and sometimes evening cocktail parties instead, the Captain decides. Sometimes we make it in Caribbean but last month on two cruises, we were no where near the cutoff.

Made it on Europe cruise but not transatlantics. Good chances on Panama Canal(we did twice) and Alaska.

I've been invited twice, once as #27 (Ocean Princess last July, Iceland & Norway) and once as #7 (Island Princess 12/29/14, partial Canal). The Captain's Circle rep tends to call all-aflutter asking if there's anyone I want to bring, as a solo cruiser. I assure her that there's no need to worry.

There is a post floating around now about a woman who has been living on a Crystal ship for 7 years new. That would about 2500 days.

DON

Yes, she is known as Mama Lee on board. When her husband died she sold her home in Fort Lauderdale and went to sea.

Yes, she is known as Mama Lee on board. When her husband died she sold her home in Fort Lauderdale and went to sea.

When my late mother and I took the QE2 in 2004, we saw a woman who was living aboard, as I understand it in an interior cabin. Don't know what became of her in the end.

When my late mother and I took the QE2 in 2004, we saw a woman who was living aboard, as I understand it in an interior cabin. Don't know what became of her in the end.

Wow....now this is a retirement option I hadn't thought about...until now! :D

Wow....now this is a retirement option I hadn't thought about...until now! :D

Princess will allow you to have a cabin (inside) that is "yours" for a fee. You leave your stuff in the cabin when not cruising and the cabin isn't sold to anybody else. When you return to the ship you have the same cabin and your "stuff" is there. It's not inexpensive but it does include all meals, etc. just like a regular cruise. You don't ever have to go ashore if you don't want (except where required by port authorities/customs).

We got off the Crown this morning. Of the top three introduced at the Captain's Circle cocktails, each were about 1500 days and well over 100 cruises.

There were over 500 Elites and 700 Platinum. About 75% had sailed on Princess and only about 25% had blue cards.

As time passes the numbers grow higher.

P&J

That is about what we have seen on our last 4 cruises.

30 cruises and 300 days doesn't even get you a smile anymore....but it was nice to have been invited to a couple of lunches and 4 cocktail parties in the past.

For the Most Traveled, the number of cruises doesn't come into play. It's not unusual for the majority of passengers to be Platinum or Elite. Often, the cut-off for the Most Traveled luncheon is close to or over 400 days. It's also not unusual for the most traveled to be well over 1,000 days.

Well actually, if there is a tie in the number of days the number of cruises does come into play. I'm sure that doesn't happen too often though. Then again maybe more than I think and just don't know about it.

We recently took several 3 and 4 day cruises on the Golden. Instead of a luncheon they gave us dinner for two in any of the specialty restaurants. That was veery nice but on those short cruises you have to book fast because reservations for the specialty restaurants fill up fast.

Whether it's a luncheon or cocktail party for the "most traveled" (as opposed to the Captain's Circle Cocktail Party), it's up to the Captain. It's his choice which to do. It's has not been changed to only a cocktail party. I was invited once to a most traveled cocktail party and it was really nice; but, that was years ago. I'm rarely invited to a most traveled anything. You are far more likely to be invited on an Alaskan, Mexican Riviera or Caribbean out of Houston cruise.

I just got off the Grand and the most traveled passengers had 1415 days.........that seems like a huge amount of time (almost 4 years) from the picture, the couple didn't look that old (oldish)

what is the most anyone has seen (I thought my 29 cruises was "a lot" but I guess not)

I just attended the captain's party where someone had well over 100 cruises on Princess alone. I will never get that far up the ladder as I jump all over between different lines.

30 cruises and 300 days doesn't even get you a smile anymore....but it was nice to have been invited to a couple of lunches and 4 cocktail parties in the past.

On my last cruise, I was astonished to be invited to the luncheon with a measly 161 days. It was a partial Canal transit, but for some reason there were fewer than 50 Elites aboard and we all made the luncheon cut. Not expected that 172 days will get me anything next time around, though....except that wonderful free laundry and some weensy bottles o' booze.

Edited by shepp