Most Traveled

lois1112

Its not unusual for some folk in the top 40 who are invited to be unable to go due to some other commitment, they will let the Hostess know that so then others further down the list are invited.

And others travel solo so its not unusual for a 41 or whatever to be invited.

On an early (June) Alaska cruise on the Golden a few years ago we made it with only 180 days.

Same here. We had the pleasure of experiencing a delightful cocktail party with the captain, officers and staff with just 230 days last May. There would have been about 40 of us there. We were surprised.

Same here. We had the pleasure of experiencing a delightful cocktail party with the captain, officers and staff with just 230 days last May. There would have been about 40 of us there. We were surprised.

On all 3 of our Alaska cruises we were invited to the cocktail party & the 1st time had only 160 days on an early June cruise & were #7 with #3 only having 260 days.

I think with so many 1st time Princess passengers sailing Alaska the MTP event is usually a cocktail party. I've read posts saying it's the captain's decision & with few sea days not enough time to have a lunch. Apparently those are factors but also wonder if having so many rookie elites with fewer days could also be a factor. ;)

The cruise is what's great but would one day like to experience the lunch. :)

We made it at 21 days which has to be a record. But there's a story behind it. It was on our fourth Princess cruise. Our table-mates at dinner were a delightful British couple; ex-pats living in the US for decades. We enjoyed them so much we looked forward to dinner each night. We assumed they were husband and wife but, one night at dinner they confessed they weren't but since they both got invited to the luncheon they wanted to take us as their guests! So, I went with Marjorie and Nancy went with Arthur. Since it will be years before we get our own invite I want to thank them again.

Dave and Nancy

There was an article in our major newspaper's travel section on Sunday.

It said 'Ray & Barbara King, from Hobart, Australia, are Princess's titleholders for number of cruises, with 179 cruises. 2400 days at sea'.

Cheers

This couple were the MTP on my cruise last week, with over 2,400 days. I didn't think I had seen a number that high on any of my past cruises.

We made it at 21 days which has to be a record. But there's a story behind it. It was on our fourth Princess cruise. Our table-mates at dinner were a delightful British couple; ex-pats living in the US for decades. We enjoyed them so much we looked forward to dinner each night. We assumed they were husband and wife but, one night at dinner they confessed they weren't but since they both got invited to the luncheon they wanted to take us as their guests! So, I went with Marjorie and Nancy went with Arthur. Since it will be years before we get our own invite I want to thank them again.

Dave and Nancy

i didnt know people could invite their non elite friends to the luncheon because they would be stopping an elite person joining

i didnt know people could invite their non elite friends to the luncheon because they would be stopping an elite person joining

I've read that before & agree with you about it preventing someone who is more deserving than a guest to attend. I've greatly enjoyed over a year of sailing Princess but have never been invited to a MTP lunch.

We've attended quite a few of the Most Traveled Luncheons and spoke with people who asked and were allowed to bring friends with them to the luncheon. They weren't at the same table because seating is arranged by number of days of sailing but they got the same experience as many, many people would love to have had!

One cruise I took our DIL to the luncheon instead of John so she could have the experience. This Thanksgiving our entire family will be with us and if invited, will take our Daughter so that she can have the wonderful experience.

We've attended quite a few of the Most Traveled Luncheons and spoke with people who asked and were allowed to bring friends with them to the luncheon.

Guess that's one reason why the more we cruise the further away we get from the MTP lunch & the Captain's Circle rep chuckles when asking if we made the cutoff. ;)

Do you know if the lunch is limited to 40 guests which could be only 20 most traveled passengers & their 20 guests?

Guess that's one reason why the more we cruise the further away we get from the MTP lunch & the Captain's Circle rep chuckles when asking if we made the cutoff. ;)

Do you know if the lunch is limited to 40 guests which could be only 20 most traveled passengers & their 20 guests?

Hi Frank,

No, I think it's the top 40 couples, approximately 80 people. There always seems to be about 100 people at the luncheon which also includes the Captain, Senior Officers, Captains' Circle Host and so on. They need someone to sit at each of the tables. Tables are usually 8 people plus the Princess employee that is your table host. We sat at the Captain's Table once, it was with Commodore Romano. We love that man, can't wait to see him again soon.

At our table last time there were a father and adult son that was probably allowed with the father, two single ladies not traveling together and us. Maybe the Captain Circle Host gets to decide who gets invited. We love the lunch, but always pass on the cocktail parties as they are after our dinner, so someone else gets to go then.

Edited by Nancyquilts

We've attended quite a few of the Most Traveled Luncheons and spoke with people who asked and were allowed to bring friends with them to the luncheon. They weren't at the same table because seating is arranged by number of days of sailing but they got the same experience as many, many people would love to have had!

One cruise I took our DIL to the luncheon instead of John so she could have the experience. This Thanksgiving our entire family will be with us and if invited, will take our Daughter so that she can have the wonderful experience.

i'd be upset if i missed the luncheon because a couple bought along some non elite friends and maybe i would be complain to the CC host about it

At our table last time there were a father and adult son that was probably allowed with the father, two single ladies not traveling together and us. Maybe the Captain Circle Host gets to decide who gets invited. We love the lunch, but always pass on the cocktail parties as they are after our dinner, so someone else gets to go then.

If you are traveling solo and have the number of days to qualify, you are allowed to bring a guest if you want. I attended one luncheon with a dear friend once, her traveling companion had been to so many, she wanted me to have the experience.

The Captain's Circle Host does the table arrangements, all by days sailed. So, if you're at the Captain's Table, you are the top 6 most traveled on that cruise. Or, like I said, one time I took my DIL. But, since my D/H is also Elite, no one was eliminated because I took someone else.

Hi Frank,

No, I think it's the top 40 couples, approximately 80 people. There always seems to be about 100 people at the luncheon which also includes the Captain, Senior Officers, Captains' Circle Host and so on. They need someone to sit at each of the tables. Tables are usually 8 people plus the Princess employee that is your table host. We sat at the Captain's Table once, it was with Commodore Romano. We love that man, can't wait to see him again soon.

If you are traveling solo and have the number of days to qualify, you are allowed to bring a guest if you want. I attended one luncheon with a dear friend once, her traveling companion had been to so many, she wanted me to have the experience.

The Captain's Circle Host does the table arrangements, all by days sailed. So, if you're at the Captain's Table, you are the top 6 most traveled on that cruise. Or, like I said, one time I took my DIL. But, since my D/H is also Elite, no one was eliminated because I took someone else.

Hi Joyce,

Thanks for sharing your experiences & if that's the procedure then the top 40 most traveled will be invited.

My goal is to enjoy as many days at sea as possible & hopefully one day to get invited to a lunch. :)

i'd be upset if i missed the luncheon because a couple bought along some non elite friends and maybe i would be complain to the CC host about it

That may not be the best way to guarantee you will be invited to anything in future which is at the CC Host's discretion......................

I once took a guest to an MTP cocktail party and was horrified to hear my guest complaining to the Chief Engineer about the plumbing.

I never took that person as a guest again and later humbly apologised to the Chief Engineer about such a breach of etiquette.

Whatever my gripes are about Princess or that particular cruise or crew on the ship, and believe me I've had more than a few, the MTP event is NOT the place to air them, tempting though it may be.

Edited by Griller

On the Emerald Princess for the last 3 weeks the most travelled passenger had well over 1500 days but she was single and travelled in a suite so 4 days for every cruise

It was a shame that on each week the same 3 were the top ones

No chance for anyone else although I am well well below them

On the Emerald Princess for the last 3 weeks the most travelled passenger had well over 1500 days but she was single and travelled in a suite so 4 days for every cruise

It's not four days for every cruise. Days are days, no matter how you sail. Cruise credits are what get multiplied.

I thought the MTP was based on actual days cruised, not the number of cruises which includes the extra credit calculations for suites and solos.

Hi Joyce,

Thanks for sharing your experiences & if that's the procedure then the top 40 most traveled will be invited.

My goal is to enjoy as many days at sea as possible & hopefully one day to get invited to a lunch. :)

I usually stop by the Host's Desk early in the cruise and ask for the cut off number. That eliminates the thought "did my invitation get lost in the mail" :eek::eek:!!!

You'll make it, but we're like you, just enjoying all the days at sea. None of us are getting any younger.

When we sailed the Grand B2B2B around South America, I don't think there was any change in the top 40 over the 3 MTL