Most Traveled

lois1112

I think maybe you are thinking of Beatrice Muller. When the QE2 was retired she briefly moved over to the QM2. She nearly ran me down with her walker one afternoon at tea:p as she stormed out of the Queen's room . She disliked the QM2 and moved back to land sometime after that voyage. I believe she died last year.

Yes that was Bea, I had the somewhat dubious privilege of sharing a table with her for dinner on part of a World cruise - she would come late to the table, leave early and everyone would breathe a sigh of relief.

Yes she passed away last year, she wasn't that bad in retrospect, as cranky old ladies go.

Does anyone know what the Ruby is doing for MTP on a 4 day cruise?

Helen

On CB last year on the 4 day cruises out of Ft Lauderdale I always had a voucher for 2 at Crown Grill, when I was solo the CG manager wouldn't let me use it on 2 nights on my own.

I expect it was good for Sabatinis as well, not a place I care to eat at.

On a recent Alaska cruise on the Coral we were #18 and #19 with 162 days. The most travelled was 900+. We went to the most travelled cocktail party and enjoyed it. We had a picture taken with the captain and were able to talk to all of the officers in attendance. There was a large variety of food to eat, from hors d'oeuvres to desserts. The Captains Circle rep told us ahead of time not to go to dinner that night. He was right. I was told by one of the officers that on 7 day cruises they do the cocktail party and on longer cruises they do the lunch.

We started cruising back in l982. Cruised over 9 different lines over the years, never kept track of days - so have no idea how many days we have spent at sea but know we are well over 50 cruises which sounds like a lot to non cruisers.

We are elite on Princess have something like 22 cruises, still don't recall how many days? We got invited to the most frequent traveler luncheon, only once, recently on a 7 day Ruby Carribean cruise. Much to our surprise. It was quite nice since held in Sabatini's on the Ruby which is a beautiful room and very nice during day time hours.

If you look on your personaliser it will show you how many cruises and how many days on Princess.

On CB last year on the 4 day cruises out of Ft Lauderdale I always had a voucher for 2 at Crown Grill, when I was solo the CG manager wouldn't let me use it on 2 nights on my own.

I expect it was good for Sabatinis as well, not a place I care to eat at.

So you are saying they are giving free nights in the CG/Sabatini's in lieu of a MTL?

Wow add those 40 with all the suites its a wonder any reg passenger can even get in. :(

Is there a MTL on a 5-day cruise?

In my experience usually an evening cocktail party in Skywalkers (if there is one) for 45 minutes with lovely nibbles and absolutely any drinks you wish to order if its in stock at the bar in that location.

The fun element of the party can depend on the individual captain, best ones I've had were with British captains, always more interesting and easier conversation with someone who not only speaks the same first language but has a common heritage and humor..... but then I was brought up in England mostly...................... your mileage may vary....................Princess is a little short on American captains for some reason.

Just about to go on CB for 20 days and we'll have Capt. Pomato, her regular captain, who is very nice but a little limited in conversational English - way better than my conversational Italian of course.

Edited by Griller

Thanks. At almost 400 days, I'm rarely invited but was hoping that on a 5-day, there might be a chance. Guess I'll know in November. :)

I think you will get an invitation. Last September, at about 475 days, I made second most traveled, on a 3-day cruise, on the Island Princess. I received the glass paperweight, the champagne, and a voucher for two at the Bayou Restaurant. It was a nice change, although I always look forward to the luncheons. :D

On Mon. 04/08/13 we were seated at “Table 63” which as it turned out was quite an honor. We were seated along with another couple at the table. Everyone introduced themselves and we were introduced to Mr. Thomas & Mrs. Dorothy Churley, (Tom and Jean Churley) Princess Cruise Lines “Most Traveled Passengers” of the voyage. They have sailed 1,097 days with Princess since 2005! This was their 6th b-t-b cruise to Hawaii. They were also booked on the return cruise. They had this table each cruise in addition to having the same waiter. . They had ship name tags just like the staff but theirs said "Mom" & "Pop"! OH yeah, their waiter had a second name tag "Son"!

Mrs. Churley stated that when she thought it was time to go on another cruise, she would simply burn a couple of meals and her husband would start scheduling cruises.

By the way, does any one know if the Churley's are still cruising? I sure hope so, as they seemed to be quite a wonderful couple.

We met the Churley's on the Caribbean Princess in 2012. We were onboard with friends for 3 weeks and they were onboard for 6 more months. They told us at that time they were cruising 11 months a year. Really amazing, but we couldn't do it! Could never leave our family and wonderful friends for forever, just my opinion.

We met the Churley's on the Caribbean Princess in 2012. We were onboard with friends for 3 weeks and they were onboard for 6 more months. They told us at that time they were cruising 11 months a year. Really amazing, but we couldn't do it! Could never leave our family and wonderful friends for forever, just my opinion.

Mrs. Churley passed away recently.

I think you will get an invitation. Last September, at about 475 days, I made second most traveled, on a 3-day cruise, on the Island Princess. I received the glass paperweight, the champagne, and a voucher for two at the Bayou Restaurant. It was a nice change, although I always look forward to the luncheons. :D

Not always...I have a few days less than Pam & didn't make the cut in January on a 3-day from LA. :(

There was an article in our major newspaper's travel section on Sunday.

It said 'Ray & Barbara King, from Hobart, Australia, are Princess's titleholders for number of cruises, with 179 cruises. 2400 days at sea'.

Cheers

Might be the same couple I met that basically live on board, some of us get excited by a b2b some by a b2b2b their life seems to be a b2b2b2b2b2b2b2b2b2b2b2b2b2b2b2b.

Lucky them.

There was an article in our major newspaper's travel section on Sunday.

It said 'Ray & Barbara King, from Hobart, Australia, are Princess's titleholders for number of cruises, with 179 cruises. 2400 days at sea'.

Cheers

We sailed with Ray & Barbara a few years ago. They are wonderful people. Barbara had a stoke a few years ago, so they spend most of their times on ships. Going home occasionally to see the folks at home and visit the doctors.

We were surprised recently on the Coral to be invited to the Most Traveled Cocktail Party on our trip in Alaska. We had only 157 days and there were only 41 Elites on board. We went and enjoyed it very much because we will probably not be invited again or at least not for a very long time.:D

We were surprised recently on the Coral to be invited to the Most Traveled Cocktail Party on our trip in Alaska. We had only 157 days and there were only 41 Elites on board. We went and enjoyed it very much because we will probably not be invited again or at least not for a very long time.:D

Just curious with 41 Elites on board, did they invite the 41st to the MTCP?