Activity Managers onboard Royal Ships

On 1/28/2019 at 9:37 AM, cementhands said:

Wonderful information! Many thanks.

Side note my wife is a Paulette!

I am very grateful for your work on this. We feel the activities manager is The Most important part of our cruise! As we’re still active enough to enjoy Zumba and the dancing fun many activities managers provide in the centrum or poolside.

Recently on Visions we enjoyed a transatlantic Crossing with the lovely Talita Leone. Nonstop activities. The best experience.

On the Grandeur 2017 it was Sherri.

We will be on Grandeur again soon. I’ll let you know full name of AM. I thought it was going to be Cece but information seems to be Nick ? AM work very hard and put in a ton of effort on their way to becoming CD.

Topi Yloden was an excellent AM and then a great CD. Wishing him well.

Please keep up this post! 

Forvever!!!!

Not very often do you come across someone with the name Paulette....so say hello to your wife for me.  I love to hear that AM's make a cruise great for cruisers....they do work hard, often are more visible than the CD (only because the CD has lots more behind the scenes to do).  

Everyone else can feel free to share their experiences, good or bad, about the AM's.  This thread is here to make everyone's experience better and live up to expectations.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Paulette3028 said:

Not very often do you come across someone with the name Paulette....so say hello to your wife for me.  I love to hear that AM's make a cruise great for cruisers....they do work hard, often are more visible than the CD (only because the CD has lots more behind the scenes to do).  

Everyone else can feel free to share their experiences, good or bad, about the AM's.  This thread is here to make everyone's experience better and live up to expectations.

I agree with you. AM work very hard. At this time in our lives we are always looking for the activities. In our 60’s but enjoy Zumba dancing and yoga. 

The food used to be very important to us. But truthfully we try to not gain weight now because it’s impossible to get rid of it.

Years ago I could gain 15 lbs on a 11 night cruise and get back to work and loosing that weight in a week. Metabolism is gone now!

As we continue to age our wants and needs will change.

Love cruise critic and folks like you, Paulette, who provides information you can’t find anywhere else.

Cheers!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cementhands said:

I agree with you. AM work very hard. At this time in our lives we are always looking for the activities. In our 60’s but enjoy Zumba dancing and yoga. 

The food used to be very important to us. But truthfully we try to not gain weight now because it’s impossible to get rid of it.

Years ago I could gain 15 lbs on a 11 night cruise and get back to work and loosing that weight in a week. Metabolism is gone now!

As we continue to age our wants and needs will change.

Love cruise critic and folks like you, Paulette, who provides information you can’t find anywhere else.

Cheers!

Ah yes....the change in metabolism as one gets older....let's NOT go there! LOL.

I personally love the poolside Zumba and when Elvis Pinto was an AM (now he is a CD), he for one made it terrific.  He still leads it as a CD onboard whatever ship he is on.

My DH loves trivia (all kinds)...the pool games are always fun....we have rarely had any dudes as AM, but we have had a few dudes as CD.  

Right now, in February, Royal does a CD workshop which gives some of the AM's the opportunity to step into the CD role temporarily, while someone else from the Entertainment Staff functions as AM.

To those who are sailing right now.....Let us know who you have met on board...and what you thought of them.  Tell us the ship and sail date.  

Keep in mind that over the next two weeks, up until Feb 16 perhaps, there is a CD Conference in Miami.  That means that the regular CD's will be in Miami at HQ and their Activity Managers will be filling in as CD.  It gives them an opportunity to do all the things the CD does, and someone from the Entertainment staff will fill in as AM.  

Enjoy the changes....be kind!!!

Updated  2/1/19 

News of Activity Manager assignments is difficult to get, so EVERYONE’s help is needed. Thanks!  Anyone who can share information about our Activity Managers, PLEASE do so. 

What Activity Manager have you come across? If you can find out how long the Activity Manager on board is remaining with the ship, it would be greatly appreciated.

****Adventure OTS – Clan MacCormaic may have joined the ship in December 2018 for a 4 month contract.

****Allure OTS – Flávio Maeda  was on the sailing that was over Thanksgiving week, since he and Jimmy Rhodes did the traditional “Pardon the Turkey’ gig…..They just posted a picture with the Christmas Tree, wishing everyone a Merry Christmas…..so still there, maybe until March.  Looking to learn more.

****Anthem OTS –  Hanaha (unknown last name) came on board 1/6/19,  not sure if 2 or 4 month contract.

****Brilliance OTS – Saini has been identified as onboard on 11/11. Until when…..is the question?

****Empress OTS – WHO IS ONBOARD NOW that Mickey Martin left on vacation?

****Enchantment OTS – Mosese Vatuloka was onboard as of mid January 2019 sailing, based on a cruisers report to me.

****Explorer OTS – Aysy Sadrislamova was scheduled to be onboard until early October. WHO IS ONBOARD NOW?

****Freedom OTS – Alexander Schmidt returned June 9 until early October.    WHO IS ONBOARD NOW?

****Grandeur OTS – Nick (unknown last name) as been reported as the AM.  Katrina Blair will probably be heading to GR on from 2/23 to 6/13, which would coincide with John Blair being on board as CD, since they always work together.  Speculation is that Nick will be moving to Oasis on 2/23.

*****Harmony – Alex Green starts 9/29 (for a 4 month contract?). WHO IS ONBOARD NOW?

****Independence OTS – Elizabeth Hackett returned 8/5 for a 4 month contract, which would take her to early Dec. WHO IS ONBOARD NOW?

*****Jewel OTS – Jerry (Gerardo De La Concha Kubli) just started a new contract in November, probably for 4 months.

*****Liberty OTS –   Bernard (unkown last name) has taken over from Enzo Matijaca (Enzo is the CD until he goes to vacation on 1/13/19).

****Majesty OTS – Mauricio Diaz is confirmed to be onboard.  I hope a current cruiser might be able to ask him how long his contract is for.  That would be helpful.

*****Mariner OTS – Assata Young-Mayers from  August and  Cecy Del Razo is supposed to be taking  over  anyday now.  The changeover was due for mid December, but looking for confirmation when it actually happens.

*****Navigator OTS –  In drydock right now, until 2/24/19

*****Oasis OTS – Tresha Robb has returned to Oasis….probably for a 4 month contract until  Early May.

***** Ovation – Angelle Rutten Van Hemert is back on based on what a cruiser posted from  12/24. Expectation is that she remains for the Australian season.

*****Quantum – Who is the current AM on Quantum?

*****Radiance OTS – Katrina Blair took over 8/24 until 1/10/19; then it appears a short vacation, until 2/14 when she goes to GR. WHO IS ONBOARD NOW?

**** Rhapsody OTS – Eric Lopez  was onboard  as of 11/10 sailing and still on board the NYE cruise.

**** Serenade OTS – Renato Arenas took over 12/10/18.   It is probably a 4 month contract since, Alison Hasler who he took over from is expecting a new assignment on a bigger ship, when she returns from vacation.

**** Symphony OTS –  Katy McCullagh  just confirmed with me that she is on SY until Feb 2, 2019.

***** Vision OTS – Talita Leoni is  onboard (unknown start date or length of contract) as of mid January 2019 based on information from a cruiser.

*****Voyager OTS – Troy Zhang was onboard earlier this month (per CD Michelle). Unknown who will replace him when he is on vacation.

18 minutes ago, John Reid said:

I was on the 1/6 Apology (Anthem) of the Seas cruise. I only saw the new A.M. once at a pool contest. I thought she introduced herself as Hannah from Wales or Hannah of Wales.

Thank you for sharing that....yes, her name is Hannah....now I know she is from Wales....appreciate it!

Did you enjoy your cruise or is that why you have called it "Apology of the Seas"?  Confused.

Edited by Paulette3028

18 hours ago, Paulette3028 said:

Thank you for sharing that....yes, her name is Hannah....now I know she is from Wales....appreciate it!

Did you enjoy your cruise or is that why you have called it "Apology of the Seas"?  Confused.

Unfortunately, I was in one of the cabins that was without A/C for 5 1/2 days. We were given misinformation about what to expect daily to stonewall us until we were off the ship. The company offered about $16.50 to $18.50 per person for six days of discomfort for two people in an affected room. And they insist this is fair. Everything else about the cruise (except the behavior of the rear port side elevators) was fine.

The CD Conference should be completing and the AM's that have been filling in will be returning to their normal roles and CD's will be rejoining their ships.

I sail on Symphony this coming week, and expect to have a great time -- DH and I always have a great time!  I will know first hand who is the AM on Symphony and update this thread when I return.

I ask ALL OF YOU, let me know whatever information you have.....so I can keep this thread as up to date as possible.

Happy Cruising ! 

• 2 weeks later...

Updated  2/16/19 

News of Activity Manager assignments is difficult to get, so EVERYONE’s help is needed. Thanks!  Anyone who can share information about our Activity Managers, PLEASE do so. 

What Activity Manager have you come across? If you can find out how long the Activity Manager on board is remaining with the ship, it would be greatly appreciated.

****Adventure OTS – Clan MacCormaic may have joined the ship in December 2018 for a 4 month contract.

****Allure OTS – Flávio Maeda  was on the sailing that was over Thanksgiving week, since he and Jimmy Rhodes did the traditional “Pardon the Turkey’ gig…..They just posted a picture with the Christmas Tree, wishing everyone a Merry Christmas…..so still there, maybe until March.  Looking to learn more.

****Anthem OTS –  Hanaha (unknown last name) came on board 1/6/19,  not sure if 2 or 4 month contract.

****Brilliance OTS – Saini has been identified as onboard on 11/11. Until when…..is the question?

****Enchantment OTS – Mosese Vatuloka was onboard as of mid January 2019 sailing, based on a cruisers report to me.

****Explorer OTS – Aysy Sadrislamova was scheduled to be onboard until early October. WHO IS ONBOARD NOW?

****Freedom OTS – Alexander Schmidt returned June 9 until early October.    WHO IS ONBOARD NOW?

****Grandeur OTS – Nick (unknown last name) as been reported as the AM.  Katrina Blair will probably be heading to GR on from 2/23 to 6/13, which would coincide with John Blair being on board as CD, since they always work together.  Speculation is that Nick will be moving to Oasis on 2/23.

*****Harmony – Who is currently onboard? Christopher Turdo told me that he will be taking over the AM role on 5/5 when he returns from his vacation.

****Independence OTS – Elizabeth Hackett returned 8/5 for a 4 month contract, which would take her to early Dec. WHO IS ONBOARD NOW?

*****Jewel OTS – Jerry (Gerardo De La Concha Kubli) just started a new contract in November, probably for 4 months.

*****Liberty OTS –   Bernard (unkown last name) has taken over from Enzo Matijaca (Enzo is the CD until he goes to vacation on 1/13/19).

****Majesty OTS – Mauricio Diaz is confirmed to be onboard.  I hope a current cruiser might be able to ask him how long his contract is for.  That would be helpful.

*****Mariner OTS – Assata Young-Mayers from  August and  Cecy Del Razo is supposed to be taking  over  anyday now.  The changeover was due for mid December, but looking for confirmation when it actually happens.

*****Oasis OTS – Tresha Robb has returned to Oasis….probably for a 4 month contract until  Early May.

***** Ovation – Angelle Rutten Van Hemert is back on based on what a cruiser posted from  12/24. Expectation is that she remains for the Australian season.

*****Radiance OTS – Katrina Blair took over 8/24 until 1/10/19; then it appears a short vacation, until 2/14 when she goes to GR. WHO IS ONBOARD NOW?

**** Rhapsody OTS – Eric Lopez  was onboard  as of 11/10 sailing and still on board the NYE cruise.

**** Serenade OTS – Renato Arenas took over 12/10/18.   It is probably a 4 month contract since, Alison Hasler who he took over from is expecting a new assignment on a bigger ship, when she returns from vacation.

**** Symphony OTS –  I just returned from a sailing on Symphony (had a great time).  Christopher Turdo was Activity Manager.  He is onboard  until 2/23 when he goes on vacation. Katy McCullagh  will return on 2/23 for a 4 month contract.

***** Vision OTS – Talita Leoni is  onboard (unknown start date or length of contract) as of mid January 2019 based on information from a cruiser.

*****Voyager OTS – Troy Zhang was onboard earlier this month (per CD Michelle). Unknown who will replace him when he is on vacation.

20 minutes ago, CruisingJoe09 said:

So, Christopher Turdo will be AM on my Harmony cruise at summer then. How was he as an AM? I remember that he was Cruise Staff a couple of years back on HM and was great.

Christopher was quite fun.....he hosts activities quite well, and keeps the energy moving along.  Very personable and willing to explain in as much detail as possible when things need to be rescheduled.  On my Symphony sailing there were several shows that needed to be cancelled and rescheduled and he was always well prepared for cruiser questions coupled with their disappointment.

Edited by Paulette3028

Updated  2/17/19 

*****Harmony – Who is currently onboard? Christopher Turdo told me that he will be taking over the AM role on 5/5 when he returns from his vacation.

****Independence OTS – Daniel Edward is currently on board, as reported to me by a current cruiser.  Don’t know when he began his contract or for how  long…..if someone can ask him --- wonderful.  We sailed with him as AM a few cruises ago and he was wonderful. 

**** Symphony OTS –  I just returned from a sailing on Symphony (had a great time).  Christopher Turdo was Activity Manager.  He is onboard  until 2/23 when he goes on vacation. Katy McCullagh  will return on 2/23 for a 4 month contract.

Updated  2/19/19 

****Independence OTS – Daniel Edward is currently on board, as reported to me by a current cruiser.  Don’t know when he began his contract or for how  long…..if someone can ask him --- wonderful.  We sailed with him as AM a few cruises ago and he was wonderful. 

*****Navigator OTS –  In drydock right now, until 2/24/19;  It has been reported to me that the 2/24 sailing has been cancelled, since NV is not ready to go after refurb.

On 2/16/2019 at 7:58 PM, Paulette3028 said:

Christopher was quite fun.....he hosts activities quite well, and keeps the energy moving along.  Very personable and willing to explain in as much detail as possible when things need to be rescheduled.  On my Symphony sailing there were several shows that needed to be cancelled and rescheduled and he was always well prepared for cruiser questions coupled with their disappointment.

I completely agree.  Christopher is awesome as an AM -- I would not have known he had recently been promoted had it not been announced during the Morning Show at the end of the cruise.  He already appears to have CD potential.

On 2/19/2019 at 6:00 PM, Paulette3028 said:

Updated  2/19/19 

*****Navigator OTS –  In drydock right now, until 2/24/19;  It has been reported to me that the 2/24 sailing has been cancelled, since NV is not ready to go after refurb.

Vision of the Seas, AM is Paolo. We just got off a B2B Feb 16th. I don't know how long he will be onboard though.

Just got off the Grandeur. Nick was AD. Activities were not good. Once while we all waited in centrum for a half hour and Nick shows up saying his bad forgot to schedule someone. Most dance and stretch class were late starting, short duration, and not very good. 2/2/19 Grandeur 12 nights. CD was Mariso or similar. Mike S. Was supposed to be back on in St. Martin. 

We were amazed by Tailita Leone on Visions transatlantic October 2018. 

While we are still young and active we need activities. Sherrie on Grandeur January 2017 was outstanding. 

AD and staff are very important to us. Food and service on Grandeur were excellent.

Anthem 2016 was fantastic. AD had 270 lounge packed with 200 Zumba Queens. It was a blast. RCL is hit or miss.

Updated  2/23/19 

*****Mariner OTS –  Cecy Del Razo should be on since 12/13/18.  Is she still onboard or has Assata Young-Mayers returned? Cecy may have only been covering Assata’s vacation.

**** Symphony OTS – Katy McCullagh  returns on 2/23 for a 4 month contract. I just returned from a sailing on Symphony (had a great time).  Christopher Turdo was Activity Manager.  He is onboard  until 2/23 when he goes on vacation.

Updated  2/24/19 

News of Activity Manager assignments are difficult to get, so EVERYONE’s help is needed. Thanks!  Anyone who can share information about our Activity Managers, PLEASE do so. 

****Grandeur OTS – Katrina Blair  should have returned on 2/23  for a 4 month contract until  6/13.  Looking for confirmation

*****Mariner OTS –  Cecy Del Razo should be on since 12/13/18.  Is she still onboard or has Assata Young-Mayers returned? Cecy may have only been covering Assata’s vacation.

*****Radiance OTS – WHO IS ONBOARD NOW?

**** Symphony OTS – Katy McCullagh  returns on 2/23 for a 4 month contract. I just returned from a sailing on Symphony (had a great time).  Christopher Turdo was Activity Manager.  He is onboard  until 2/23 when he goes on vacation and Katy takes over.

***** Vision OTS – Cecy Del Razo onboard as of 2/23/19