I Wish Princess Would

trinaM

I wish Princess would quit decontenting their packages and raise the prices if necessary.

I am not happy at all with all the perks that keep disappearing from their suites.

Mike:)

A few years back they did true 14 day Caribbean cruise with 10 ports but they had trouble filling them. If they were to start doing a single true 14 day followed by a 7 day eastern and then a 7 day western. Doing this for a 5 month season it should be easy to fill the ship.

Edited by Waynetor

I love Princess, but these are the things I wish for...

1) offer summer Caribbean, Hawaii, Panama Canal, transatlantic, and transpacific sailings

2) bring the Sapphire Princess back to the U.S.

3) have the crew wear gloves while handling food

4) improve customer service back to the level it was years ago- crew smiling and friendly when "yes" was the only acceptable answer

5) offer the drink package as a promo during a sale

6) be more proactive in fighting noro

7) address and fix maintenance issues like leaks right away

cruise out of Port of Baltimore. I also wish they would completely go anytime dining in all the dinning room and only have a limited number of traditional. It seems everyone is doing traditional so why waste all that resource for it if no one is using it.

Sorry but your post doesn't make sense at all. Many of us want traditional dining -- just look at the fact that traditional dining is usually waitlisted. the only time we did anytime was when we didn't clear the waitlist -- and we didn't care for this type of dining.

And BTW, we never ever crashed the anytime dining room as traditional diners. If for some reason we don't feel up to our seating (one time when our girl was feeling iffy), we go to the Horizon. I think the problem is that passengers who are pretty new to Princess aren't explained to as what selecting their type of dining entails, so maybe the TAs and Princess booking agents need to take a minute or two to do so. And the Patter could also explain that if you have traditional dining, to please utilize the t.d. MDRs or one of the alternative venues. As well as the gatekeeper at the a.d. doors to check cabin cards.

Coffee makers in cabins, like NCL and practically every motel. I like to make coffee when I wake up. Room service doesn't work if you don't know when you're going to wake up.

Jim

Edited by jasbo49

What do you WISH princess Cruiselines would do?...

1) Add San Diego departures. HAL is only doing limited SD sailings these days, so there is room for a few from Princess, IMO. I'm thinking RT coastals to SF and back, which HAL isn't doing at all. And maybe an occasional 3 or 4-nighter to Catalina and Ensenada, instead of doing them all from LA. HAL also isn't doing these.

2) Replace the uncomfortable balcony furniture. I have seen better stuff at Wal-Mart. We have actually gone back to booking insides for the time being on Princess because of this.

3) Check cards at dinner--no TD passengers allowed in the ATD venues. Kindly direct them to the HC if they can't make their assigned dinner time in the MDR. We have been forced into ATD when we booked late, then ended up eating in the HC because the lines were so long for the ATD venue. We were told this was, in part, due to TD passengers in line.

4) Have staff serve the food in the HC, instead of letting pax who often fail to wash and Purell properly handle the food and utensils themselves. I'd bet the incidence of Noro would drop, as would the need to deep clean and delay boarding as often.

That is all for now :). YMMV.

Edited by SoCal Cruiser78
clarity

-stop decontenting (I love that term but autocorrect didn't) and raise prices to reduce on board sales pitches and extra charges and preserve a quality cruise experience.

-provide decent wifi where one can use high bandwidth apps without being made to feel guilty (ie 'you're ruining wifi for everyone else!!")

-offer true 14 night Caribbean cruises

-renig on the sale of the Ocean Princess and take the Pacific Princess off the market.

My single biggest one is faster internet.

After that many of the other comments resonate for me but faster Internet is what holds back my ability to take a longer cruise while I'm still working.

Balcony furniture you can stand to sit on!

Blankets if you don't like duvets.

Go back to the old longer length of production shows.

Traditional diners not allowed to use the Anytime dining room.

Go back to true wrap-around promenade decks and normal sized balconies.

A sofa or at least a love seat in balcony cabins. The chair is just in the way.