Murano now $65. per person?

OkanaganRon

Remember to try W.A Crayfish when you are Down Under - beats the pants off the Maine Offering !lol :D

I've been to Europe & they love North Atlantic Lobster. Never heard of your mudbugs(Cray fish).Our Cray(or Craw) fish are nice,. But I'll still take the cold water Lobsters anytime,be they Maine or Canadian!

Same kind of lobster! I'm sure I've had many of both & see no difference.

I think Maine and Canada are the same variety of lobster.

Warm water lobsters are sometimes called spiny lobsters or rock lobsters, and since they are less expensive that the more desirable cold water lobster (the classic “Maine lobster”) their tails are often frozen and served simply as “lobster tail.” If you ever had a tough “lobster tail” served at a hotel banquet or on a mass market cruise ship, perhaps as part of a “Surf-and-Turf” platter, it was almost certainly the frozen tail of a warm water lobster, most probably a Caribbean lobster from the Bahamas or Honduras.

While often referred to as “lobster,” warm water lobsters are not closely related to the cold water Maine lobster. For example, while the warm water Spiny lobster and the cold water Maine lobster are both crustaceans and decapods, they are from of different genus, family, and species:

You must have been born with a golden spoon in your mouth. You belong on Crystal cruise line, or one of the other ones for the rich people, and not where people had to work to be able to afford to take a cruise. I don't have $$$$ like you to throw away. Learn how the real people live.

Grandpabobbylew

QUOTE=sloopsailor;47446178]Not us. We are on vacation to enjoy ourselves, not pinch pennies. We try all the specialty restaurants. It's part of the adventure. If we wanted to be frugal, we'd do it at home where we aren't trying to get the most out of our vacation.

I have to chuckle when I hear that stale excuse that "I have already paid for a meal in the MDR, I am not going to pay for another meal in a specialty restaurant". It's like going through life worried more about not spending a penny more than necessary than allowing oneself to have the best experiences possible. If one really felt that they didn't want to spend money on something they have already paid for, then they should not be spending money on a stateroom because they have already paid for living quarters back home which are going unused.

You must have been born with a golden spoon in your mouth. You belong on Crystal cruise line, or one of the other ones for the rich people, and not where people had to work to be able to afford to take a cruise. I don't have $$$$ like you to throw away. Learn how the real people live.

Bravo. I think half the posts on threads like this are complete BS. They're all talk.

I totally agree with everything you said. When I am paying $$$$ for a cruise' date=' what is a few more $$ to make a great cruise, a fabulous cruise!!! Murano and Tuscan take our cruises to the next level! Relaxed dining, ambiance, great service, and outstanding meals.

I really don't mind hearing the penny pinchers complain about the extra cost, because it insures that we can get in whenever we want! :)

And let's call a spade a spade. Some people are just downright cheap! We dined with a couple on one cruise who bragged that didn't spend one penny extra onboard, except for the tips. They smuggled in their alcohol, didn't take any excursions, didn't go for sweat. They were people of means, so I didn't quite understand their CHEAPness.

Happy cruisen'

Susan[/quote']

"Cheap" "Penny pinchers" - is it really necessary to use such insulting terms because some people happen to place different value on things than you? Or that some people are not able to afford to splurge on this, that, and the other thing just because they are on vacation? If I splurged on whatever I felt like while on my cruises, I would need to limit them to once a year - whereas by being a little more thrifty I can go on two or three or even more. Does that make me cheap? Then I'm cheap. Some of the people who are "people of means" got to be that way by being careful to spend money only on what was important to them, instead of throwing money away left and right at whatever perk came their way like two years olds let loose in a toy store. You shouldn't sit in judgment on people - and certainly not when you don't even know their story.

Thank you. And to add $100 is equal to 10,00 pennies. That's an awful lot of pennies to be pinching. For me it's not even about the money. It's about being taken to the cleaners. If the cruise line is offering discounts to these specialty restaurants so liberally common sense tells me that they are over priced. Unfortunately sometimes common sense isn't so common. In general Celebrity seems to be higher priced on board compared to other lines. In my opinion it's all psychological. If you price it high and add elegant surroundings people will think it's special. A peanut butter sandwich is worth $1.00 Call it sandwich au beurre de cacahuetes and you can charge $10.00 and people will swear it's the best one they ever had.

Thank you. And to add $100 is equal to 10,00 pennies. That's an awful lot of pennies to be pinching. For me it's not even about the money. It's about being taken to the cleaners. If the cruise line is offering discounts to these specialty restaurants so liberally common sense tells me that they are over priced. Unfortunately sometimes common sense isn't so common. In general Celebrity seems to be higher priced on board compared to other lines. In my opinion it's all psychological. If you price it high and add elegant surroundings people will think it's special. A peanut butter sandwich is worth $1.00 Call it sandwich au beurre de cacahuetes and you can charge $10.00 and people will swear it's the best one they ever had.

Where can I get one on a cruise ship please?

Hi Cynthia,

I haven't tried to get it before so I'm new to this as well. I'm going to check in as soon as possible then hit the desk they have set up in the port before you start going up escalators etc to get onboard. If I can't score the UDP, I will tell you that I am simply taking my chances with booking specialties onboard because I have bought the packages a few times before and now I resent being told where to eat. lol I want the freedom to eat at the restaurant I feel like going to and to return if I enjoy it. Plus, there are ALWAYS desks outside of the Oceanview Cafe with reps trying to sign you up with deals. Good Luck!

Thanks,

Good luck to you too. We usually book Aqua class but this time, since we'll be on the Silhouette with 5 SRs we thought we'd give it a try. It's not until Nov. 2016 so things may change.

Cynthia

We enjoy eating in the speciality restaurants but our last meal in Murano while we were on Equinox was very poor. The restaurant manager cancelled our bill and invited us back.

I am not sure if we would spend $50 a head on our next trip. Tuscan Grill on Equinox was very good though and well worth the supplement IMO.

We had a similar experience on the Equinox. Had a great meal and service at the Tuscan Grill, whereas at Murano, Firstly our table wasn't ready, then they got my order totally wrong, the food was'nt all that and the service was far too pretentious, waiters thought they were Something special

Don't get me started on the Asian restaurant, that was a complete waste of money, service and food was awful.

We had a similar experience on the Equinox. Had a great meal and service at the Tuscan Grill, whereas at Murano, Firstly our table wasn't ready, then they got my order totally wrong, the food was'nt all that and the service was far too pretentious, waiters thought they were Something special

Don't get me started on the Asian restaurant, that was a complete waste of money, service and food was awful.

Can you tell me more about the Asian restaurant.

We enjoy the sr dining and think it is worth it even if it has gone up . We feel we are on vacation and you can't take it with you so we should enjoy ourselves we've earned it ! The Millennium has 2 wonderful specialty restaurants and it's not just the food also the experience is worth it !! It is a personal choice but if you have it , why not ???

We enjoy the sr dining and think it is worth it even if it has gone up . We feel we are on vacation and you can't take it with you so we should enjoy ourselves we've earned it ! The Millennium has 2 wonderful specialty restaurants and it's not just the food also the experience is worth it !! It is a personal choice but if you have it , why not ???

Then you are their target market. Unfortunately that just pushes the prices up beyond a reasonable level for others.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just to be sure I have this right; has it been established the the OP's original question has been answered? The price to dine in Murano HAS NOT gone up to $65.00. US per person? I know that I looked into pre booking Murano on my upcoming cruise & the price was US $50.00.

So the rest of the 8 or 9 pages is just discussing the merits of specialty dining, & the quality, cost of the the food? If so, then I can get on with the really important things in my life, such as "will the Mets win the World Series; even get into the post season? (Sorry non Americans!)

Edited by richsea

Just to be sure I have this right; has it been established the the OP's original question has been answered? The price to dine in Murano HAS NOT gone up to $65.00. US per person? I know that I looked into pre booking Murano on my upcoming cruise & the price was US $50.00.

So the rest of the 8 or 9 pages is just discussing the merits of specialty dining, & the quality, cost of the the food? If so, then I can get on with the really important things in my life, such as "will the Mets win the World Series; even get into the post season? (Sorry non Americans!)��

Yes you have it right, time to consider the truly important.

How can an American be so well travelled and still call a local tournament the "world series"?

How can an American be so well travelled and still call a local tournament the "world series"?

Cute, interesting little "ZINGER"!! Personally, I am not that big of a baseball fan, but not sure that I have heard of any teams from other parts of the world doing much better in baseball. And, lots of the U.S. baseball talent does come from the Caribbean, etc. Not exactly fitting to the original post.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Enjoyed a 14-day, Jan. 20-Feb. 3, 2014, Sydney to Auckland adventure, getting a big sampling for the wonders of "down under” before and after this cruise. Go to:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1974139

for more info and many pictures of these amazing sights in this great part of the world. Now at 116,478 views for this posting.

But will you speak with a European accent?

I'll tell you what I'll do. I will personally spread the peanut butter, "Table Side" and in addition I will also cut the crust off of your bread. :D

LOl, sounds wonderful. :D

Was it $10 AUD or $10 USD?

Cute, interesting little "ZINGER"!! Personally, I am not that big of a baseball fan, but not sure that I have heard of any teams from other parts of the world doing much better in baseball. And, lots of the U.S. baseball talent does come from the Caribbean, etc. Not exactly fitting to the original post.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Enjoyed a 14-day, Jan. 20-Feb. 3, 2014, Sydney to Auckland adventure, getting a big sampling for the wonders of "down under” before and after this cruise. Go to:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1974139

for more info and many pictures of these amazing sights in this great part of the world. Now at 116,478 views for this posting.

Lol, And yet, the USA have rarely won(4) the Baseball world cup, mainly won by Cuba (25).