cost of celebrity transfer from port everglades to MIA?

sunsetme

This can be done for $15 per person via several popular shuttle services. Go to the Florida departures board for lots of info.

The ship will charge much more and no you don't get a choice of time. You'll be assigned a bus.

We are confused. There are actually quite a few private companies that do these transfers (with everything from cars to buses) and one can easily arrange transfers online. In nearly all cases, the private transfer services will be a lot cheaper (and usually more efficient) then a transfer sold directly by the cruise line.

Hank

anyone know how much they charge for a transfer? Do you have any choice of time?

I don't know what Celebrity charges, but a shuttle van between Port Everglades and Miami International Airport is about $30 - $55 per person. The actual cost depends on the number of passengers and whether or not you share the vehicle. Google Port Everglades Miami shuttle and you should find a bunch of choices. (Check the TripAdvisor ratings.)

I don't think it's as restricted as you suspect.

Edited by POA1

we flew into Miami and used a shuttle to take us to our hotel in Fort Lauderdale and that ran $60 for two people. I booked the Celebrity transfer going from FLL port to Miami airport. We were given an early exit time off the ship - we were one of the first to get off and then got our luggage, went through customs and sat on the bus for one hour before we left for Miami. We were dropped in the lower level for American Airline and had a private check in. It was really easy and nice - I believe that we paid around $80 through Celebrity. This was two years ago. We booked it through Celebrity, because we were told that they would make sure that we got off the ship early. Our flight was 11:00 a.m out of Miami

Lots of shuttles go between the FLL area and POM for $15 per person, but very few will go (or are licensed to go) from Port Everglades to the MIA airport and the cost will be higher.

The ride from PE to MIA takes about an hour and the metered fare in a taxi will be about $75-80+tip; not bad if there are 4 or so sharing a taxi.

Go Airport shuttle, Super Shuttle and American shuttle all should give you a quote on-line. I think most cruise transfers will charge about $35+ per person, but as mentioned above the bus can take a long time to load and unload. :(

For private transfers check with Larry's Limos, often suggested for Miami service.

Lots of related info on the FLA departure board. I would not book a flight before noon, and after 1:00 would be safer.

Good luck! :)

Are there taxis readily available? We are coming in to FL from a TA cruise and I need to get to Miami to board another ship - don't want to pre order as worried about the time for going through customs etc (non USA) - so - plenty taxis outside?

Yes, there are always plenty of taxi's available......they love disembarkation days........everyone needs a cab...(well,

almost everyone LOL).

Edited by Lois R

I have found that going through immigration/customs takes a lot longer after a TA from Europe. EVERYONE on the ship must clear. Just want you to be aware that it is going to take you more time to clear.

Yeah - have already taken this into consideration - and us being from the UK will prob take even longer - wish we were stopping in St Thomas its so much easier - but - plenty of time to get to Miami - and then on to another ship - that's the carrot on the stick :-)

Yeah - have already taken this into consideration - and us being from the UK will prob take even longer - wish we were stopping in St Thomas its so much easier - but - plenty of time to get to Miami - and then on to another ship - that's the carrot on the stick :-)

Haven't heard that one before...the carrot on the stick......here

in the states we would say "it is the icing on the cake":D

Haven't heard that one before...the carrot on the stick......here

in the states we would say "it is the icing on the cake":D

We use icing on the cake too - carrot on the stick - something good at the end of something not so good (customs!) worth enduring the "bad" for :)

But yeah - for sure - Icing on the cake of getting off our Celebrity cruise is that I meet up with my daughter - my husband is flying home - our daughter lives 6000 miles away so we see each other maybe 3-4 times a year max - last year when we got into Miami I met my daughter for lunch - hadn't seen her in six months and we managed only lunch - this time we decided we would make it a short trip - Initially we were going to stay in Miami but found the NCL do a Bahamas cruise same day we land in FL - so great plan - she and I are off on a Mum and daughter catch up play time -

THAT is DEF Icing on a very nice cake indeed :)

Although - my cake may have more toppings - she is considering flying home with me after our cruise for a short stay - don't want to count my chickens just yet - but fingers Xd! (depends on her work schedule)

We use icing on the cake too - carrot on the stick - something good at the end of something not so good (customs!) worth enduring the "bad" for :)

But yeah - for sure - Icing on the cake of getting off our Celebrity cruise is that I meet up with my daughter - my husband is flying home - our daughter lives 6000 miles away so we see each other maybe 3-4 times a year max - last year when we got into Miami I met my daughter for lunch - hadn't seen her in six months and we managed only lunch - this time we decided we would make it a short trip - Initially we were going to stay in Miami but found the NCL do a Bahamas cruise same day we land in FL - so great plan - she and I are off on a Mum and daughter catch up play time -

THAT is DEF Icing on a very nice cake indeed :)

Although - my cake may have more toppings - she is considering flying home with me after our cruise for a short stay - don't want to count my chickens just yet - but fingers Xd! (depends on her work schedule)

Have fun with your daughter:)

And the Icing on the Cake? I was referring to the cruise after the

cruise LOL..........:D....but seeing your would be even better.....like

a BIG Hot fudge sundae;)

10%

But back the question about going from one port to the over (Port Ecerglades to /from Port of Miami) is tricky. You can go to one of the airports and change shuttles to go on to the other port, or take s taxi directly between the two, but it's going to be tricky finding a shuttle licensed to go directly between the two.

anyone know how much they charge for a transfer? Do you have any choice of time?

I did I miss it? I was wondering if anyone answer the question about the Celebrity cost?

Thanks

I did I miss it? I was wondering if anyone answer the question about the Celebrity cost?

Thanks

I have taken a Celebrity transfer before but it has been quite a few

years so I would guess that price is more now...I think I paid 29.00.

That was from the port of Miami to the FLL airport. As for choice

of times? I remember there were a couple of buses and maybe

2 different times. Maybe someone at Celebrity would have the

correct answers.:eek:

We come down a day before the cruise(in case of bad weather up north)In 2014 we stayed in Ft.Lauderdale. This past Jan. we stayed in south beach,right next to Lincoln Rd.I recommend doing that for the shops restaurants etc. If the price of cheap hotels is that important, then there's plenty right near the airport. Our hotel (the San Juan) was about $120. It's a hotel undergoing renovations on Collins Ave. Not a bad place, but this Jan. We may stay at the "National" across the street.