Current Concierges continued discussion

2 minutes ago, paulinenpeter said:

just wondering ... why does it matter who the "concierge" is???

Because some are better than others. Some are more personable than others. Some repeat cruisers want to go see the concierge they enjoyed cruising with last time.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, paulinenpeter said:

Does it have to matter?  But if you must know, Jayson was the concierge a few months ago and he was very helpful to me, and I am simply wondering if he is still there.

• 3 weeks later...

Junior Flores and Mario Reyes were our SL concierges on Harmony during the week of August 21.  Both were fabulous and handled our requests really well.  We also liked the perk of having one of the Concierges lead us off the ship.  

We have had some not so great Concierges -- no names -- and it does detract from the Lounge's atmosphere.  

The current Concierge for the Suite’s/Concierge Lounge on Explorer is Belkis Agustin and the current Diamond Concierge is Noorina Sreeneebus (there temporarily from the Wonder). These two women are truly astounding and performed near miracles for us on our recent B2B. 

Does anyone know who might be in the concierge and Diamond lounges on Grandeur in Nov/Dec?

Of course many people carry off somethng, but I was talking about carrying ALL your luggage off the ship, before others who have placed their luggage  outside their cabin the night before, and then have to claim it in the terminal....does the concierge walk off the ones who carry all their luggage earlier then others who carry all their luggage. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/4/2022 at 6:56 PM, SherriZ366 said:

Junior Flores and Mario Reyes were our SL concierges on Harmony during the week of August 21.  Both were fabulous and handled our requests really well.  We also liked the perk of having one of the Concierges lead us off the ship.  

We have had some not so great Concierges -- no names -- and it does detract from the Lounge's atmosphere.  

SherriZ  Do you happen to know who was the Diamond Lounge Concierge on your Harmony cruise?

Thank you

On 9/5/2022 at 10:50 AM, jamon said:

SherriZ366.........you talked about having the concierge walking you off the ship....when they do that for early walkoff when you carry your own luggage off are you one of the first ones off the ship...

The Concierge only walked you off the ship after the self-depart (those who carry their luggage off) finished.  On Harmony in August, Suites and Pinnacles got the 7:30 slot and if you were in a suite and wanted the Concierge to walk you off, you met at the Bionic Bar. There were 3 time slots for Concierge accompanied walk - off: 7:30 am, 8 am, and 8:30 am.    All of our luggage was in the Pinnacle/Suite area.   Very easy process.  

• Like 2

On 9/29/2022 at 2:00 PM, Otterman34 said:

SherriZ  Do you happen to know who was the Diamond Lounge Concierge on your Harmony cruise?

Thank you

It was Lyli DeLeon on the August 21 HM cruise but she's moved to the Suite Lounge with Mario Reyes as Junior went on vacation.  I think Elaine is in the DL now.  All are great concierges.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/2/2022 at 7:18 PM, SherriZ366 said:

The Concierge only walked you off the ship after the self-depart (those who carry their luggage off) finished.  On Harmony in August, Suites and Pinnacles got the 7:30 slot and if you were in a suite and wanted the Concierge to walk you off, you met at the Bionic Bar. There were 3 time slots for Concierge accompanied walk - off: 7:30 am, 8 am, and 8:30 am.    All of our luggage was in the Pinnacle/Suite area.   Very easy process.  

This is the best way to go, no doubt! Nadja on Symphony was so funny when we sailed with her in April, as we went down the elevator she said “watch me and don’t make eye contact with anyone” 😂🤣

Edited by AlohaLivin
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, AlohaLivin said:

This is the best way to go, no doubt! Nadja on Symphony was so funny when we sailed with her in April, as we went down the elevator she said “watch me and don’t make eye contact with anyone” 😂🤣

I think we had Nadja on one ship because I remember the name and her telling us that!  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, AlohaLivin said:

She is fabulous, I wish all concierges were as good. 

OK, I had to look this up where I had taken notes (yes, I take electronic notes on all our vacations).  It was 2015 on Navigator.  Ricardo was the concierge, but he had a medical emergency (heart attack) and had to be taken ashore for treatment.  Nadja filled-in.  They were both great.  

1 hour ago, rudeney said:

OK, I had to look this up where I had taken notes (yes, I take electronic notes on all our vacations).  It was 2015 on Navigator.  Ricardo was the concierge, but he had a medical emergency (heart attack) and had to be taken ashore for treatment.  Nadja filled-in.  They were both great.  

Not touching the electronic note comment 🤣🤣 Wow, never had anything like that happen with a concierge, definitely unexpected (hope he did well with recovery). But Nadja is great, one of the best ever and an all time favorite. Fingers crossed for our Grandeur sailings later this year, no idea who is there now.

Just booked a cruise on Allure for this December - I am so excited to cruise again.
It has been so long since I checked this page, and it's great that many of the concierges from 3 years ago are still with Royal.

Is there anything new in the diamond and concierge lounges that I should know about, good or bad?  And is there a page that discusses genies and who is on which ship?

Edited by mconthehighseas

6 minutes ago, mconthehighseas said:

Just booked a cruise on Allure for this December - I am so excited to cruise again.
It has been so long since I checked this page, and it's great that many of the concierges from 3 years ago are still with Royal.

Is there anything new in the diamond and concierge lounges that I should know about, good or bad?  And is there a page that discusses genies and who is on which ship?

We did allure last November there is no concierge lounge , there is a diamond lounge and a suite lounge. If you are in grand suite or higher you can eat in suite restaurant CK  , free drinks 5 to 8. Genies are for high end suites only on oasis class and newer.

On 8/18/2022 at 1:04 PM, paulinenpeter said:

Every concierge is different and some even have more power than others due to their connections and influence.  Actually even every Genie is different.  There are good ones and bad ones in each.  Getting a good one of either can be the difference between an amazing experience and a so so experience.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AlohaLivin said:

Not touching the electronic note comment 🤣🤣 Wow, never had anything like that happen with a concierge, definitely unexpected (hope he did well with recovery). But Nadja is great, one of the best ever and an all time favorite. Fingers crossed for our Grandeur sailings later this year, no idea who is there now.

Before we left the ship, Nadja had let us know that Ricardo was doing well.  I think he returned as concierge a few weeks later.  

As for the note-taking, I was in a Usenet group for Disney fans and we always did "trip reports" for our visits.  I got in the habit of taking notes and writing reports for myself.  I know it's a bit geeky and strange, but it has been fun to go back and read some of my reports from when we took the kids to Wal Disney World and on cruises over the years.  I'm actually working on a full trip report for this cruise.  I won't post it anywhere, but it will be on my computer (and on cloud backup) in case I want to go back later and refresh my memory.  Who knows, when I'm gone, maybe the kids will get a kick out of reading them. 

• Like 1

We did a B2B the end of 8/29 -9/12 on Quantum and our Suite Concierge Romana was wonder.   She went out of her way day in and day out for all her guest.   When it came time to leave the ship, we met her in Bolaro's, where the B2B also gathered and she simply said to let her know when we were ready to leave.  When we were ready, she walked us to the security stand at the gangway, bypassing everyone in line, and we said our goodbyes to her there.  

3 hours ago, George C said:

We did allure last November there is no concierge lounge , there is a diamond lounge and a suite lounge. If you are in grand suite or higher you can eat in suite restaurant CK  , free drinks 5 to 8. Genies are for high end suites only on oasis class and newer.

I thought the Allure, along with all Oasis class ships, did a 1100 - 2300 free drinks in the suite lounge and that only the Quantum class did drinks 5 - 8 in the suite lounge? 

13 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

We did a B2B the end of 8/29 -9/12 on Quantum and our Suite Concierge Romana was wonder.   She went out of her way day in and day out for all her guest.   When it came time to leave the ship, we met her in Bolaro's, where the B2B also gathered and she simply said to let her know when we were ready to leave.  When we were ready, she walked us to the security stand at the gangway, bypassing everyone in line, and we said our goodbyes to her there.  

I thought the Allure, along with all Oasis class ships, did a 1100 - 2300 free drinks in the suite lounge and that only the Quantum class did drinks 5 - 8 in the suite lounge? 

The 11 to11 on Oasis class ships is beer, wine, soda, water.  All kinds of drinks = 5 to 8 P.M.

• Like 1