Our newly announced onboard digital improvements!

BBMacLaird

Hopefully AZ will offer a much better package than 399.00 for 14 days of very slow wifi!

Imho, any line with pretensions to "Premium" or "Luxury" should include Wi-Fi like even Motel 6. We would all put up with what is shipboard norm, very slow Wi-Fi, if it was included. I also am turned off by the charges for the abysmal service found on most ships. And don't think shipboard management or crew are putting up with such service, I can tell you from experience, when management wants the ship, they get the ship.:D

Now announcing the new digital onboard guest experience. Read all about it here!

https://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/int/life-onboard/reimagine-azamara/technological-inspiration

Well Bonnie. I'd really like to read all about it but this is just a tease. No real detail or explanation contained here. Is the opportunity to for social media surfing included as part of the package or will it first require a purchase of the extremely over priced Internet minutes?

I appreciate that information on the reimagination program is coming in dribs and drabs but it's a little over stating it to say read all about it, for this aspect isn't it?

Hi Bonnie,

As a "techie", I liked what was posted on the website, though I agree with Prefdavid, that many of us would love to know so much more.

Will the internet speed be as fast as Voom on the Royal Caribbean ships, or is it a different system ? I could definitely live with it not being as fast as Voom, though I'm excited about a faster and improved Wi-Fi experience.

Love the idea of the Inspiration center. It caught my eye in a previous photo, but wasn't quite sure what it was. Now we know !

Has there been any discussion on Internet Pricing ? Do you anticipate pricing staying the same ? Increase ? Decrease ? Will there be an unlimited package ? In a previous thread, I suggested offering increasing discounts, based on your LCV level. I hope my suggestion will be considered.

Look forward to your reply. Thanks very much !

Edited by Host Andy

Touch screen walls?? How cool! I remember when NCIS Los Angeles' pilot aired, they were "throwing" images from one wall to the next and I announced "I want that!".

Yeah, I want that too. Would be great in my living room :) Sounds like a great deal of interactive fun ! Look forward to checking it out in January.

A friend, a journalist for ship-reviews, is just now on the Anthem. And the internet is so fast, that he even can make live-reports every day for his german followers.

And the price is great, only $ 15 per day.

I just read in my last review about Azamara from august last year, where we had 235 minutes free internet for the cruise. I´ve written that they were not worth it, because internet was so slow, that I was only able to publish comments on Facebook but not able to sent pictures about the ship. The same with WhatsApp.

Now were receiving only 90 minutes free internet but I hope it will be much faster when we will be on the Journey in march, that I can post more to my followers regarding the refurbishment and other improvements.

Host Andy, my friend on the Anthem told me, that Royal Caribbean seems to have an special agreement with the internet provider only for their ships.

But maybe, Azamara is belonging to RCI, and Journey and Quest will receive it too.

Edited by wuppis

----- In a previous thread, I suggested offering increasing discounts, based on your LCV level. I hope my suggestion will be considered.

Host Andy,

I look forward to your report once you have sailed on Journey.

All information will be appreciated.

I'm just wondering if I can use 4G while we are still in British waters, so saving my 'Free 90 minutes' ( as I am Elite on Celebrity) for the TA & Canadian portion of our cruise on Quest.

A friend, a journalist for ship-reviews, is just now on the Anthem. And the internet is so fast, that he even can make live-reports every day for his german followers.

And the price is great, only $ 15 per day.

I just read in my last review about Azamara from august last year, where we had 235 minutes free internet for the cruise. I´ve written that they were not worth it, because internet was so slow, that I was only able to publish comments on Facebook but not able to sent pictures about the ship. The same with WhatsApp.

Now were receiving only 90 minutes free internet but I hope it will be much faster when we will be on the Journey in march, that I can post more to my followers regarding the refurbishment and other improvements.

Host Andy, my friend on the Anthem told me, that Royal Caribbean seems to have an special agreement with the internet provider only for their ships.

But maybe, Azamara is belonging to RCI, and Journey and Quest will receive it too.

Hi Wuppis,

We sailed on Oasis last Summer. They offered VOOM internet. This is the same system installed on Quantum and Anthem.

As someone who must stay connected with work, I can tell you that VOOM is a game changer. Not only was the speed lightning fast, but the connection was extremely reliable, and, you could switch between multiple devices easily. If that's not enough ? As you mentioned, they had an unlimited rate, of $15 per day, with an additional discount offered for Diamond members of Royal's Crown & Anchor loyalty club.

I'm fairly certain that as part of the Royal Caribbean family, Azamara could offer this system. Rumors are persistent that Celebrity will be lauching VOOM in 2016. I'm wondering if this system might be cost prohibitive for a smaller ship. I hope that's not the case... but any improvements in Azamara's Wi-Fi system will be greatly appreciated.

Hope this helps !

Edited by Host Andy

So this announcement states that it will be offered in 2016. I will be on the first sailing of Journey in 2016, which is before her dry dock. Can I expect this on my 2016 sailing ? Sounds nice, but need more details as everyone has mentioned!

I'd rather wait until more specifics details are released so I don't mis-inform you. They are in the pipeline so you won't have to wait long.

What I do know is the onboard wifi will be vastly better...faster and available throughout the ship, including the staterooms and suites.

As soon as more details are available I will post them here for you.

..faster and available throughout the ship, including the staterooms and suites.

As soon as more details are available I will post them here for you.

That would be wonderful! On our November 18th cruise on the Quest we would have to go into the hallway to sign into the wifi. And please more plugs for electronics.

2 I phones, I pads, camera charger, portable chargers etc......

That would be wonderful! On our November 18th cruise on the Quest we would have to go into the hallway to sign into the wifi. And please more plugs for electronics.

The easy answer to this problem is to pop a 4 plug extension box into your suitcase. We always do and it really helps - you also then only need one international adapted!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That would be wonderful! On our November 18th cruise on the Quest we would have to go into the hallway to sign into the wifi. ......

I've posted this before: All you have to do is crack your cabin door open. It is a steel door and blocks the signal somewhat.

All I did was open the door, activated the deadbolt and then let the door rest on the deadbolt.

I had full wifi signal at that point and never had to leave the room.

This was my experience, yours may differ.

. And please more plugs for electronics.

I agree with the sentiment, and something like this may help.

http://www.amazon.com/Anker-Desktop-Charger-Technology-Smartphones/dp/B00DVH62J2/ref=sr_1_18?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1450614424&sr=1-18&keywords=usb+hub

I believe there will be USB sockets installed and this will help with phone/iPad/camera charging. I bought an adaptor which includes two USB charging ports and find it very useful. I've never had an issue with the number of sockets, but found the ones hidden under the desk in certain Quest cabins very awkward.

Phil