Sneaky Cards

txhawk36

Has anyone heard of these? It seems they would be fun on a cruise. The only downside is typically the people can log them online and keep passing them on.

Kohl's sells them. I don't know if I can post a link to the website for them, but the gist of it is you have a deck of cards and you do fun things then pass the cards on for instance:

Play the World's Largest game, tag them and then hand them this card.

Hide this card somewhere it can easily be found.

Give someone frontsies, let them cut in front of you in line.

I thought cruise passengers are usually into some of the scavenger hunts and things and would get into it.

I am always intrigued by how far things travel. We left a $5 in Cozumel with a Where's George stamp years ago. It hasn't been registered yet again, but sometimes we see money travel from far, far away.

I should mention I am cruising with 3 kids 9 to 14.

Has anyone heard of these? It seems they would be fun on a cruise. The only downside is typically the people can log them online and keep passing them on.

Kohl's sells them. I don't know if I can post a link to the website for them, but the gist of it is you have a deck of cards and you do fun things then pass the cards on for instance:

I thought cruise passengers are usually into some of the scavenger hunts and things and would get into it.

I am always intrigued by how far things travel. We left a $5 in Cozumel with a Where's George stamp years ago. It hasn't been registered yet again, but sometimes we see money travel from far, far away.

I should mention I am cruising with 3 kids 9 to 14.

Um I have nooooo idea what a sneaky card is. Can you provide more context?

I love the idea. We always leave a "treasure map" hidden in our cabin. Thinking of creating a separate email to see if people would email us if they find it.

I googled those cards, and think I'll buy some. 55 cards in the "deck". We have a large group cruising next summer, and that might be fun. Thanks for the idea!!

I just Googled them and this looks great! I think I will get some and will

definitely take them on the cruise...Only way to start something it to start it! My cruise is in May. I also have 2 conferences before that and will use them then as well. Looks like fun! :)

Where's George bill seemed to have slowed down in the past few yrs

DH has not had a hit in a couple of yrs ;)

for instance:

Not all passengers would be "into it". For example, if you push in front of someone who's been waiting patiently for a while, the news that "this chap gave me a frontsie" might not go down to well.

I suspect scavenger hunts, like basically everything on a cruise ship apart from eating, are something done by a minority. Possibly a significant minority, but still a minority. Don't get the idea that everyone will want to play.

Just looked these up and they look awesome.

I'm going to get some and use them on my cruise in 30 days.

I wouldn't use any that could be considered rude like cutting in line unless I used it with another card like buy someone a coffee, so I might butt in front of someone at the cafe and then buy their coffee.

I think it is pretty easy to judge who would be receptive to this kind of think and who would not.

Lois

We usually have a drinking game (not intoxicated but fun) of

Apples to Apples

Sometimes we play a new one ".....insanity" cannot remember how it is packaged.

Do it with the young adults and have a lot of fun.

Something to do as a family

Enjoy we do.

I love the idea. We always leave a "treasure map" hidden in our cabin. Thinking of creating a separate email to see if people would email us if they find it.

I googled those cards, and think I'll buy some. 55 cards in the "deck". We have a large group cruising next summer, and that might be fun. Thanks for the idea!!

The most likely people finding your "treasure map" would be the stateroom attendant if he or she is doing their job correctly. ;) And I doubt they would email you.....

Edited by leaveitallbehind

The most likely people finding your "treasure map" would be the stateroom attendant if he or she is doing their job correctly. ;) And I doubt they would email you.....

I was thinking the same thing. :)

Not all passengers would be "into it".

I would agree with this. Also agree I've never been on a cruise where people will be happy when they see someone cutting in line.

I had an older man on HAL actually elbow me, and hard, in the back, when I was just trying to get down to my cabin, and he thought I might be cutting in front of him in the line.

I would agree with this. Also agree I've never been on a cruise where people will be happy when they see someone cutting in line.

I had an older man on HAL actually elbow me, and hard, in the back, when I was just trying to get down to my cabin, and he thought I might be cutting in front of him in the line.

That is totally unacceptable!

Only one card in the 55 involves letting someone cut in front of you and if you were the last person in line, it wouldn't affect anyone else if you let someone get infront of you.

Most of them have you doing something nice or at lease something harmless.

If ppl don't want to play they can just hand the card back or throw it away.

As long as you use some common sense on when and where you use them I think most people would think it was fun.

Lois

Only one card in the 55 involves letting someone cut in front of you and if you were the last person in line, it wouldn't affect anyone else if you let someone get infront of you.

As long as you use some common sense on when and where you use them I think most people would think it was fun.

Lois

So the idea is to interrupt and engage total strangers on their vacation with this "game"? No thank you! Or am I missing something here.....

Edited by leaveitallbehind

Lois

By all means give it a go, but I suspect the main two answers you might get are the puzzled hand-the-card-back and wonder what on earth you were on about, and the equally puzzled take-the-card-anything-to-get-rid-of-you followed by wondering what you were on about. :)

But I may be wrong, especially if you pick people who look like they've heard of these cards before.

If you are with a large group of family & friends it may be fun to leave a few around the ship & let them go looking

Or some roll calls play games & scavenger hunts

but just to do it with people that have no idea of the game it may fall flat

YMMV

If you are with a large group of family & friends it may be fun to leave a few around the ship & let them go looking

Or some roll calls play games & scavenger hunts

but just to do it with people that have no idea of the game it may fall flat

YMMV

It may fall flat but since most of the stuff is nice, I'll give it a try.

I'll start with family and friends and see what happens.

Have you all looked at what the cards are like.

There are things like return something to someone who lost it, buy someone a cup of coffee, give the card to the first person that makes you smile.

I can't see anyone being upset by these things.

I think I would use them on people who I have engaged with.

like if I'm in line to get a coffee and the person in line strikes up a conversation with me I might use the buy a cup of coffee one.

I think the world can use a few more random acts of kindness and the cards may facilitate that.

I'll report back after my cruise.

Lois

Edited by electro

It may fall flat but since most of the stuff is nice, I'll give it a try.

I'll start with family and friends and see what happens.

Have you all looked at what the cards are like.

There are things like return something to someone who lost it, buy someone a cup of coffee, give the card to the first person that makes you smile.

I can't see anyone being upset by these things.

Lois

I did look at the cards some are cute & I can see maybe handing it out

Do people really need cards to do a Random act of kindness ??

Calm down folks ... I would not be cutting in line in front of anyone. Frontsies card lets someone cut in front of ME. The idea is pay it forward, you do something nice for others on a lot of them.

The website has examples of a lot of the cards.

Also, to the few that said I would be disrupting their vacation. I can read people fairly well. It won't be hard to see who is approachable and who is not.

Since I have 3 kids going, I thought it would be a fun experiment and I will be sure they don't disturb someone who didn't want to be disturbed.

Calm down folks ... I would not be cutting in line in front of anyone. Frontsies card lets someone cut in front of ME.

And everyone else who's behind you in the queue. You can only really play the "Frontsie" card when you're last inline, and then it isn't worth much anyway.