Must have menu items?

mrsgthatsme

White and dark chocolate mousse at the International Cafe. Mocha things. A plain roll and butter. On the Grand, strangely one of the best rolls I ever ate at dinner! And amazing butter. I found myself rather amazed at the roll. And that's an unusual thing.

Fettucini Alfredo in a Parmesan cheese bowl. That's my favorite.:)

Yes my favorite reason for cruising with Princess. I think in my previous 3 cruises with them I've eaten it 6/7 nights (lobster night) with a chicken breast. I actually am giving it up for Lent since I get on the ship on Easter Day and will enjoy it 7 nights in a row :) Gave it up the last cruise I went on as well and it was heavenly.

If you have 15 items on the menu and there are 15 people responding, you will get a recommendation for 15 different "best" items. What I am getting at is that all tastes are individual and what I like may be an item that nobody else likes. Also, an item that everyone else likes may be one that I hate. So what are you going to do with the information garnered from this post?

DON

I am enjoying this thread. By hearing what others enjoy. I may try something new or make a point of checking out an old stand by. I enjoy recommendations from a waiter on trying a dish they are famous for. Why not ask seasoned travelers what they enjoy. Just because I enjoy hearing what others have liked or didn't like doesn't mean I throw out my own judgment or expect to enjoy it as much. Maybe we are just looking for suggestions. (This ain't my thread I just don't understand why it is so hard for some to resist pointing out the obvious that our tastes are different)

I am enjoying this thread. By hearing what others enjoy. I may try something new or make a point of checking out an old stand by. I enjoy recommendations from a waiter on trying a dish they are famous for. Why not ask seasoned travelers what they enjoy. Just because I enjoy hearing what others have liked or didn't like doesn't mean I throw out my own judgment or expect to enjoy it as much. Maybe we are just looking for suggestions. (This ain't my thread I just don't understand why it is so hard for some to resist pointing out the obvious that our tastes are different)

Agreed

We've found most Princess ships have wonderful baked goods and desserts.

My "must have" is a dinner roll with real butter.

For desserts try a soufflé at least once.

That bread with real butter owes me the best part of 10 kg (22 lbs).

Fettucini Alfredo in a Parmesan cheese bowl. That's my favorite.:)

On our last cruise I ordered it as an app a few times, no basket, Mrs Gut ordered once, as main, got the basket. After that our waiter knew I wanted my basket got it each time, so make sure you ask if ordering as an app.

Edited by GUT2407

First the rolls and butter are awesome. Then try the Pina Colada soup (it is like a smoothy). Now bring on the Alfredo in the Parmesan basket. Top it off with a Volcano from the kids menu.

I've never seen the Piña Coloda soup, but will be keeping an eye out for it next cruise.

I'm another fan of those delicious, crusty bread rolls and butter.

Love the escargot, the lobster, and the pheasant.

On our Sun Princess cruise, Christmas 2014, there was almost always a consomme or clear broth, and they were beautiful. But on the Dawn cruise in August they didn't have those as much, and when they did they were often too salty, much to my disappointment.