Holy carp. Military jet buzzed Emerald

RickSue

Bout scared the carp out of me sitting on my balcony an extremely loud military jet just came out of nowhere and buzzed our ship about a mile out. Not sure if it was Cuban or USA or Mexican but it sure scared the check out of us

Bout scared the carp out of me sitting on my balcony an extremely loud military jet just came out of nowhere and buzzed our ship about a mile out. Not sure if it was Cuban or USA or Mexican but it sure scared the check out of us

I am not an expert on military airplanes; but my instinct tells me this would have been a US fighter jet, however did the aircraft appear to have an overloaded roof rack or additional people sitting on the roof?

Regards John

Ya gotta watch out for those jet jockeys! They are a bunch of hot doggers; especially the Navy ones who like to land on ships.

Once early morning w/the CB pulling into Boston, I'd gotten up to see the jets landing at Logan. They normally close a rwy while the ship is passing. Someone miscalculated the timing and a 747 got a bit too close to the ship for the plane captain to continue his approach. The 747 went to full power and aborted his approach, it flew over about 200 - 300 feet. My wife had been asleep in the middle of the ship and was vibrated awake:

It was so cool to watch.

This happened to us once on a Mexican cruise. We were headed out of Cabo on our way to LA when the ship turned around and headed back towards Cabo. The Captain said that there were military exercises going on and was ordered to turn back. After the exercises were over, the military jet buzzed the ship. It was pretty exciting. I was walking on the stern on the Promenade deck and I saw it coming. Gave me the chills!

I they were Navy they probably were checking out the pool area.......:D

Island Princess 2008 Alaska, Island Princess 2009 (B2B) Alaska, Royal Princess (Old) 2010 Alaska, Golden Princess 2011 Alaska, Coral Princess 2012 Panama Canal, Star Princess 2012 Alaska, Island Princess 2013 Alaska, Crown Princess 2013 Western Caribbean, Caribbean Princess 2013 Western Caribbean, Royal Princess 2014 Eastern Caribbean, Royal Princess 2014 New England, Emerald Princess 2014 Western Caribbean, Emerald Princess 2015 Western Caribbean, Ruby Princess 2015 Alaska, Caribbean Princess 2015 Western Caribbean

Same thing happened when I was at the pool on the Grand in November. It was between San Diego and Ensenada. It scared the c@&$ out of me too.

Cheers, Denise.

Yes, this happened to us as well. Two jets, one after the other by only a few seconds and flying very low right over the ship. At first it frightened me because I thought we might be under attack. :p I thought we were still off the Mexican coast then it dawned on me that it had to be the U.S. Navy out of San Diego but with all the airspace out there they could have taken, I guess they felt a need to remind us they were protecting us. :D

Edited by iceleven

Yes, this happened to us as well. Two jets, one after the other by only a few seconds and flying very low right over the ship. At first it frightened me because I thought we might be under attack. :p I thought we were still off the Mexican coast then it dawned on me that it had to be the U.S. Navy out of San Diego but with all the airspace out there they could have taken, I guess they felt a need to remind us they were protecting us. :D

Its very comforting to know they are there.........:)

During a British Isles cruise while off the coast of Scotland watching a movie on MUTS at night with overcast skies a fast moving very loud jet buzzed our ship resulting in many Holy "Carp" reactions. :p

Edited by Astro Flyer

I am not an expert on military airplanes; but my instinct tells me this would have been a US fighter jet, however did the aircraft appear to have an overloaded roof rack or additional people sitting on the roof?

Regards John

Instant classic response. Loved it!!

SSN-646

I they were Navy they probably were checking out the pool area.......:D

Island Princess 2008 Alaska, Island Princess 2009 (B2B) Alaska, Royal Princess (Old) 2010 Alaska, Golden Princess 2011 Alaska, Coral Princess 2012 Panama Canal, Star Princess 2012 Alaska, Island Princess 2013 Alaska, Crown Princess 2013 Western Caribbean, Caribbean Princess 2013 Western Caribbean, Royal Princess 2014 Eastern Caribbean, Royal Princess 2014 New England, Emerald Princess 2014 Western Caribbean, Emerald Princess 2015 Western Caribbean, Ruby Princess 2015 Alaska, Caribbean Princess 2015 Western Caribbean

Was there anyone topless in the pool?

DON