How late can we stay on Eclipse?

Canadian Sunset

I say stay on until they call your name to leave.

Which will be about 9:30 or 10:00, they still have a long time to kill.

Two options if you don't drive.

As someone stated, do one of Celebrity excursions, they usually have one to the Everglades which is interesting.

Getting a day room at a local hotel, then go to the airport nice and relaxed.

Edited by dkjretired

We are sailing this weekend and can't wait. Returning to Canada our flight isn't until 9:15 pm. How late will Celebrity allow us to stay on board?

A seniors who don't like driving in unfamiliar places, we will pass, but thanks.

Sadly, you won't be allowed to stay on the ship for very long. They can't allow new passengers to board -- even the b2b'ers -- until all of the prior cruise passengers have "boing-ed" off. So, you and your luggage will have to find someplace to go, until your flight. :(

A ship's post-cruise excursion might be a good option for you. We found ourselves in a similar situation, after our last Bermuda cruise. It was either, find something to do, or spend 8 hours in the lovely Newark airport, lol! :eek:

Through the excursion desk, we booked a bus tour of Manhattan. They picked us up at the pier, stowed our checked luggage on the bus, and the driver stayed with the bus, on the few stops where we got off to see things. We (and our luggage) were dropped off at the airport -- the bus driver stopped at all of our gates. It was a good tour, so that worked out very well for us! :cool:

A ship excursion is probably your best option but even that will have you at the airport by 3:00 p.m. or so. Still early but certainly better than getting to the airport at 10. You can probably choose from an Everglades trip or a general sightseeing tour. As mentioned, your luggage will be safely stowed on your bus and will arrive at the airport with you.

We have the same issue as our flights back to the uk are always in the evening... We have booked a day room the last 2 times & will do the same in a few weeks! It's nice to relax for the day & have a nice lunch and a shower before we head to the airport [emoji4] we use the Pullman Miami airport hotel (used to be the Sofitel) which has a shuttle to the airport when your ready to go...

We have the same issue as our flights back to the uk are always in the evening... We have booked a day room the last 2 times & will do the same in a few weeks! It's nice to relax for the day & have a nice lunch and a shower before we head to the airport [emoji4] we use the Pullman Miami airport hotel (used to be the Sofitel) which has a shuttle to the airport when your ready to go...

Good to know.

You might find something of interest here:

http://www.shoreexcursionsgroup.com/SearchResults.asp?Search=miami

I've used them previously (not in Miami) and was quite pleased.

If you are interested in more of a "do it yourself" approach:

https://www.tripadvisor.ca/Travel_Guide-g34438-Miami_Florida.html

Have fun, whatever you decide upon!

The ship excursion is a bad choice for you. They will have you leave the ship EARLY and then return you to the airport by 1:00.

Do some research and you can find some ideas like hop on/off bus tours from Bayside Mall. See the area and get off at South Beach for a meal and people watching. Or get a day room as mentioned. I would do anything to avoid that long wait. :o

We are sailing this weekend and can't wait. Returning to Canada our flight isn't until 9:15 pm. How late will Celebrity allow us to stay on board?

out of the cabin by 8 and off the ship no more than 90 minutes later. they cannot begin boarding the next group until everyone is off.

Rent a car and drive the Keys....we made it past Key Largo before turning around and our flight was at 3, with a 9 pm flight you could make it to Key West for a late lunch and then drive back to the airport...

You cannot be serious. And we say this as frequent visitors to Key West (often before or after cruises). With a late flight out of MIA we might consider a drive to Key Largo, but would reserve that recommendation for only those who want to spend a good part of their day driving. As to Key West, no way should anyone consider doing that as a "day trip" from Miami or especially Ft Lauderdale. The Overseas Highway is mostly 2 lanes, and any kind of accident (or construction) can cause huge delays. Driving to Key West round trip from Ft Lauderdale can easily take over 9 hours! Hence, when we go to Key West it is for at least 2 nights and usually 3 or 4.

Hank:eek:

Edited by Hlitner

Like you, we always book a day room and it makes for a nice leisurely end to the cruise. We spend the day relaxing by the pool, maybe visit the gym if we are feeling energetic, have a late lunch, then shower and change, before taking the hotel shuttle to the airport. It's so easy and a very enjoyable way to kill some time before a late flight.:)

Edited by Suzy Smith

out of the cabin by 8 and off the ship no more than 90 minutes later. they cannot begin boarding the next group until everyone is off.

We have stayed on the ship past 10:00 AM many times. :)

You cannot be serious. And we say this as frequent visitors to Key West (often before or after cruises). With a late flight out of MIA we might consider a drive to Key Largo, but would reserve that recommendation for only those who want to spend a good part of their day driving. As to Key West, no way should anyone consider doing that as a "day trip" from Miami or especially Ft Lauderdale. The Overseas Highway is mostly 2 lanes, and any kind of accident (or construction) can cause huge delays. Driving to Key West round trip from Ft Lauderdale can easily take over 9 hours! Hence, when we go to Key West it is for at least 2 nights and usually 3 or 4.

Hank:eek:

I am totally serious, I don't live life on what ifs and maybe's......you could get hit by a car crossing the street but I do that as well before flying... :D 9 hours driving plus 2 hours eating and sightseeing when getting off the ship at 7 am gets you back to Miami at 6 pm, 3 hours before the flight....I agree Key Largo would be easier but Key West is certainly doable as well...not to mention if you drive like I do its more like 7 hours R/T to key West

Edited by SheriffJoe

If they are still offering their "Extend Your Stay" program, that will let you remain on the ship all day until shortly before it departs for its next sailing.

But that program has only been offered for some cruises, not all.

It says it is available for all European sailings, but I recall that it was offered on some US sailings also.

Customer Service: Butler Service | Celebrity Cruises

We did not need to use it ourselves, so I never paid much attention to it.

The last I heard, Celebrity was offering it free to suite passengers but still charging a fee for all others who wanted to remain on the ship beyond the regular disembarkation time.

If you are staying in a suite, it would be worthwhile if you can get it free plus having the use of Michael's Club for the day.

But if they are going to charge you a fee for it, I think it may be preferable to get a day room at a hotel instead.

The concierge can always book a day room at a hotel room for you, if you should decide you want one.

Edited by fleckle

We have stayed on the ship past 10:00 AM many times. :)

LOL, Ed -- Hiding in the waffle bar doesn't count! :p

But seriously, it does sound like the OP is in for one long day, if they don't find something to do, before that late flight. :eek:

Edited by wwcruisers

I would compare the cost of changing to an earlier flight, to a hotel day room. Even a post-cruise excursion will leave you with 9 hours to kill.

Either a day room...or earlier flight is your best bet. You will likely be off the ship well before 9am...and even if you don't leave the ship, you can't stay in the cabin....THEY WANT YOU GONE! A whole new batch of vacationers are waiting to board!

Any and all service you've come to expect is conspicuously missing that last morning. Your cruise is over when you go to bed on the last night.

Edited by cb at sea

It says you get first run movies that day with the Extend Your Stay program, but not where you watch them.

If you have access to Michael's Club, that would be the ideal place.

Also the free breakfast and lunch at Bistro on Five would be very nice,

as well as the drinks at Cafe Al Bacio, which are available on the last day to everyone, even those not staying in a suite, and already free to non-suite passengers who are Elite + or above.

You get to sleep in as you don't need to leave your cabin until 9, so you can avoid the mad rush.

The big lounge with comfortable seating up at the front of the ship is a nice, quiet place to hang out that day.

You can use the pools (when they are not being cleaned) and the spa areas and fitness center.

Unfortunately, they cut off internet access at 7 am on disembarkation day.

Maybe you can ask if they would give you some free internet time if you do the Extend Your Stay program. That would be such a logical thing to include in the program. I am really surprised that it is not listed.

Any and all service you've come to expect is conspicuously missing that last morning. Your cruise is over when you go to bed on the last night.

Sorry, but I can't help but disagree with that comment! While I agree that the staff are busy with the change-over, we have still had excellent service right up until the moment we left the ship. We sailed on the Equinox in February and Murelli was still singing as he poured the coffee in the Oceanview cafe on disembarkation day :)

We were on that cruise 2 weeks ago and saw a lot of cruisers take the BIG B bus a hop-on hop off bus operated by Greyhound. They store the luggage and take people to the airport at the end of the day. 3 routes : city, south beach and artistic tour of Miami. Well done, we took it before the cruise and has a lot of passengers that were going to the airport after. It finishes around 5 PM. Check their website.