Back to back on Princess

hansi

We are booked on 2 b2b cruises out of Southampton. We have printed the boarding pass for the first cruise, but do we need to print it for the second cruise, as technically we will be in transit, and won't have any luggage as it will already be on the ship?

We are booked on 2 b2b cruises out of Southampton. We have printed the boarding pass for the first cruise, but do we need to print it for the second cruise, as technically we will be in transit, and won't have any luggage as it will already be on the ship?

On my experience no.

But hey what's it hurt?

I don't know the answer. But don't forget to collect the pool rent!!! I need the money HAHAHAHA:D Have a great cruise.

Your pool pal,

Tony

We did a back to back out of Southampton back in 2014. Not only did we not need the boarding pass for the second cruise but our initial cruise cards was for all 28 days. (We did book this cruise as two separate cruises). We just sat at the International Cafe watching everyone else leave then almost immediately they started boarding. No need to leave the ship for zeroing out the passenger list. This maybe unique to Southampton (or non US points of embarkation) though.

Edited by born2cruize

No need to print them out.

Save part of a tree.

Hi Hansi,

No need for paper work,

you will get new cruise cards on the last evening sent to your cabin, only

once when doing a three day b2b with a long cruise afterwards staying in the

same cabin did we keep same cruise cards, as for customs etc passport control,

nothing for you to worry about nothing like USA, UK welcomes tourists .

Have a great cruise,

yours Shogun

\

No, your cruise cards along with the intransit passes will be your authority to board.

My policy is to have printed copies of all documents in case they are needed. A few times I have had to resort to them to prove something to Princess. In the case of the OP's question, I would have copies of both boarding passes, etc. It comes from my experience in the business world where a piece of paper can end all disagreements.

Are you changing cabins? If so, print out the luggage tags for the second cruise. Your room steward will arrange to get your stuff to the second cabin. The luggage tags make it easier.

Yes we are changing cabins but only across the corridor so won't need labels for that.

We did a back to back out of Southampton back in 2014. Not only did we not need the boarding pass for the second cruise but our initial cruise cards was for all 28 days. (We did book this cruise as two separate cruises). We just sat at the International Cafe watching everyone else leave then almost immediately they started boarding. No need to leave the ship for zeroing out the passenger list. This maybe unique to Southampton (or non US points of embarkation) though.

Interesting….although we have done several B2B's ( turnaround is usually one of our favorite days)…i never knew that out of Southampton there is no "zeroing out" via the short disembarkation process.

My policy is to have printed copies of all documents in case they are needed. A few times I have had to resort to them to prove something to Princess. In the case of the OP's question, I would have copies of both boarding passes, etc. It comes from my experience in the business world where a piece of paper can end all disagreements.

Just what did the printed document actually prove? I'm curious.

Interesting….although we have done several B2B's ( turnaround is usually one of our favorite days)…i never knew that out of Southampton there is no "zeroing out" via the short disembarkation process.

It is the USA immigration that requires the zeroing out at a USA turnaround port.

Most other countries do not have this requirement.