Will RC honor their 2017 2018 Adventure Suite Pricing?

There was a comment in an earlier thread regarding the new 2017-2018 Adventure suite pricing below balcony prices.

The suites were taken out for inventory and are now back at much higher prices.

Now the question begs to be asked, will they honor the prices for those who have booked. In the past I have taken advantage of low prices, or computer glitches or whatever you call it and had the cruise cancelled. This was normally for 1 sail date and 1 category.

In this case every suite and sailing had erroneous pricing, so it wasn't a one time glitch for one sailing.

What does everyone think.

There was a comment in an earlier thread regarding the new 2017-2018 Adventure suite pricing below balcony prices.

The suites were taken out for inventory and are now back at much higher prices.

Now the question begs to be asked, will they honor the prices for those who have booked. In the past I have taken advantage of low prices, or computer glitches or whatever you call it and had the cruise cancelled. This was normally for 1 sail date and 1 category.

In this case every suite and sailing had erroneous pricing, so it wasn't a one time glitch for one sailing.

What does everyone think.

If you are booked and a deposit paid. They should honor the price.

If you do any changes then they will charge the current price.

Not necessarily. I had one cancelled when it the deposit was paid and confirmed. They did give me a 200.00 obc for another cruise. I am hoping since many more people booked these rooms they will have to honor it. Without question

Not necessarily. I had one cancelled when it the deposit was paid and confirmed. They did give me a 200.00 obc for another cruise. I am hoping since many more people booked these rooms they will have to honor it. Without question

So how much of a lower price are we talking here? I am pretty sure Royal does not have to honor a price erroneously given as a result of a computer or human error and the more people that got such rooms, the less likely they would be to honor it (IMHO).

Just my experience with RCI when it comes to computer glitches.

Very late at night here on the west coast the FOV #8500 on Radiance for Alaska was released to be booked (no minimum # of guests needed) many many months before our sail date...I put a 24 hour hold on it and called the next morning to switch 3 family members ( 2 adults & one toddler) that were booked in an OV...they were shocked but they easily honored it and made the cabin category change. Thanks RCI :)...So you never know.

So how much of a lower price are we talking here? I am pretty sure Royal does not have to honor a price erroneously given as a result of a computer or human error and the more people that got such rooms, the less likely they would be to honor it (IMHO).

With taxes fee and diamond discount for 2 people

RS for December 2nd sailing=5024.00

GS for Jan 20th sailing=2209.00

RS now for a similiar sailing 7769.00

GS 3369.00

With taxes fee and diamond discount for 2 people

RS for December 2nd sailing=5024.00

GS for Jan 20th sailing=2209.00

RS now for a similiar sailing 7769.00

GS 3369.00

Nice, I booked around 8pm last night and the suite prices weren't that low on our sailing for May 2017. If they were, I would have grabbed a GS too. JS was around $1,400pp.

How did they let you know that the price would not be honored? And how long after booking? This sure takes the wind out of my sails. Went from skipping around on cloud 9 to fear and dread that they will take my 1st JS away.

I honestly thought this was normal, like they were giving a perk to CA members. Been reading for months about the great deals available when booking opens and felt fortunate to catch one. Oh well, maybe it was too good to be true.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I booked B2B December 2017 Adventure cruises last night. Deposit paid. Junior Suites.

Price per person was $818 each. :eek:

They BETTER NOT try to cancel that! :mad:

Edited by Merion_Mom

I booked B2B December 2017 Adventure cruises last night. Deposit paid. Junior Suites.

Price per person was $818 each. :eek:

They BETTER NOT try to cancel that! :mad:

We booked the same cruise for Jan. 2018 same price! JS $1600 for both of us after taxes & C&A discount! How've you been Carol?

I booked a Jan 2018 Jr Suite this morning after reading a thread about Jr Suite being cheaper than a balcony. By lunch, no Jr Suites where available online or calling in. A few hours later, Jr Suites were back online more expensive. They must have caught their error. My booking is $700/pp cheaper than if I had booked in the afternoon.

What is the difference between a Jr Suite and a balcony?

I booked a Jan 2018 Jr Suite this morning after reading a thread about Jr Suite being cheaper than a balcony. By lunch, no Jr Suites where available online or calling in. A few hours later, Jr Suites were back online more expensive. They must have caught their error. My booking is $700/pp cheaper than if I had booked in the afternoon.

What is the difference between a Jr Suite and a balcony?

About 100 square feet & a bathtub

How did they let you know that the price would not be honored? And how long after booking? This sure takes the wind out of my sails. Went from skipping around on cloud 9 to fear and dread that they will take my 1st JS away.

I honestly thought this was normal, like they were giving a perk to CA members. Been reading for months about the great deals available when booking opens and felt fortunate to catch one. Oh well, maybe it was too good to be true.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

About two to three weeks after I booked I get a curt telephone message from xxx in revenue saying say we cancelled your cruise due to incorrect pricing. I called back and asked for more information. They claimed that price had been zeroed out and the reservation could not be honored. I had transferred it to my ta and they couldn't fight for me since I didn't book with them. This time I booked with them off the bat.

It is possible that the could cancel out those reservations. It's been done in the past and discussed here on CC.

From the RCI web site:

Disclaimers

The Company has used reasonable efforts in collecting, preparing and providing quality information and material, but does not warrant or guarantee the accuracy, completeness, adequacy or currency of the information contained in or linked to this website or any other Company Website. Users of information from this website or any other Company Website or links do so at their own risk. We assume no liability or responsibility for any errors or omissions in the content of any Company Website. The Company is not responsible for pricing, typographical, or other errors and reserves the right to cancel without liability any bookings made at erroneous rates. While the Company may make changes to the information in any Company Website or to any Company service or product at any time without notice, the Company makes no commitment to update the information on a Company Website.

I stumbled upon the bargain prices last night...I booked a JS on Adventure of the Seas, cabin 9618 for March 31, 2018. The price was $2277 for 2, which includes gratuities and insurance. I'm pretty excited about it!

For some reason I was only charged $250 for my deposit. I called back tonight because I didn't want to lose this great deal due to not paying the correct deposit. So I ended up paying another $250 deposit, and not a word was said about the price.

Keeping my fingers crossed that we don't get a phone call or e-mail saying we've been cancelled.

I stumbled upon the bargain prices last night...I booked a JS on Adventure of the Seas, cabin 9618 for March 31, 2018. The price was $2277 for 2, which includes gratuities and insurance. I'm pretty excited about it!

For some reason I was only charged $250 for my deposit. I called back tonight because I didn't want to lose this great deal due to not paying the correct deposit. So I ended up paying another $250 deposit, and not a word was said about the price.

Keeping my fingers crossed that we don't get a phone call or e-mail saying we've been cancelled.

I believe there is a promotion through today with reduced deposits.

I believe there is a promotion through today with reduced deposits.

The reduced deposit promotion, I was told by both the regular phone people and the C&A phone people, does not apply to the bookings made last night with the very low suite rates. I too wound up having to pay an additional $250 for a total deposit of $500. I learned about this earlier this evening when I looked at the booking under "My Cruises" and the notice at the top said "You have a payment due." I was concerned since I had paid the requested $250 when I reserved last night for a JS on Adventure for Jan 2018 at a total price of 1762.48. So, I called and got the answer I just mentioned. A family member likewise got a great deal on a GS for the same cruise and had the same "payment due" flag on his booking. He called and they told him that the $250 he'd alreadly paid was just fine and that he needn't pay anything more until final payment in October 2017.

Just checked my reservation and saw that it showed a minimum balance of $250 due by March 9 to complete my reservation. (I am single and had paid only a $125 deposit.) If I had called, I am sure they would have told me the same thing cheezwiz's family member was told. However, I just wanted to make sure all would be well. Incidentally, this message wasn't there earlier this evening when I set up "ownership" of this reservation under my "my cruises". My reservation now shows nothing due until final payment date.

Now, I wonder what Royal will say when I call to ask for my balcony discount?