Will RC honor their 2017 2018 Adventure Suite Pricing?

Good news. I think there were too many bookings not to honor it. Hope they don't change their mind.

I gave no details, but I think that under the circumstances, they can hardly take it back now.

I booked online as a solo. I am entitled to reduced solo pricing. I called C&A to have my cruise repriced according to the scheme. The representative had no problem with it, and it has to be sent to Resolutions to generate the correct invoice.

I received the correct invoices within minutes.

They can hardly claim that something escaped their notice!

:)

Update: My price is absolutely being honored.

WOOHOO!

:D

So is mine! We booked 2 cruises on Adventure: GS and JS at the "special" prices and I checked just now and apart from having to increase the deposit, all is good. I am so happy that my Before-I-Head-to-Bed routine is to do a quick check of Cruise Critic! Otherwise I'd never have known that Adventure was open for booking at midnight. My poor husband got dragged out of bed but now he is very happy that he handed me the credit card on the spot. ;)

BTW, both my cruises were flagged to make an extra deposit payment. We paid $250 deposit each at time of booking and on the My Cruises page I was allowed only to make a $500 (full normal) deposit, NOT $250 to bring the deposit up to the required amount. RCI got $750 out of me today for each. Makes for a tiny balance though so I guess I will not complain.

I paid a $250 deposit for a JS (2 people). My cruises is showing a March 9 payment due of $500. Do I need to call or is the initial $250 all that is necessary?

The website was showing the reduced deposits for the Splash sale on these sailings even though these sailings were excluded. I called to book mine SNF was told that it was full deposit.

If it were me I would pay the extra deposit money just to be 100% certain there would be no issues.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

The website was sliding the reduced deposits fir the Splash sale on these sailings even though these sailings were excluded. I called to book mine SNF was told that it was full deposit.

If it were me I would pay the extra deposit money just to be 100% certain there would be no issues.

Alright I'll call when C&A opens.

Alright I'll call when C&A opens.

Please let us know what you find out when you call C & A.

I booked a Junior Suite for 2 for 2018 yesterday and paid the $500.00 deposit. When I look at my account on Royal Caribbean's website it shows my $500.00 deposit paid on March 8 and also says payment due on March 9, but doesn't list an amount due on March 9. The only amount due that is listed is the final payment balance amount due in 2018.

What is the usual deposit amount for Junior Suites for 2 people? Is it the same as Grand Suites and above or the same as regular cabins?

There was a comment in an earlier thread regarding the new 2017-2018 Adventure suite pricing below balcony prices.

The suites were taken out for inventory and are now back at much higher prices.

Now the question begs to be asked, will they honor the prices for those who have booked. In the past I have taken advantage of low prices, or computer glitches or whatever you call it and had the cruise cancelled. This was normally for 1 sail date and 1 category.

In this case every suite and sailing had erroneous pricing, so it wasn't a one time glitch for one sailing.

What does everyone think.

I'm counting on it! I got one of those great deals. I trust Royal to honor it, if anything happens. it may be because of the time of year I like to cruise. I cruise around typical re positioning time, and I have seen Royal change plans and move a ship a week or two early. But I believe I saw Adventure staying in SJ through 2018. I've got 400 days to keep an eye on it.

I booked a Junior Suite for 2 for 2018 yesterday and paid the $500.00 deposit. When I look at my account on Royal Caribbean's website it shows my $500.00 deposit paid on March 8 and also says payment due on March 9, but doesn't list an amount due on March 9. The only amount due that is listed is the final payment balance amount due in 2018.

What is the usual deposit amount for Junior Suites for 2 people? Is it the same as Grand Suites and above or the same as regular cabins?

I'm pretty sure the JS deposit is not a full suite deposit. So $250 pp for a 7 night.

Unless you're eager top pay more you're probably better off not calling. If they accepted 250.00 odds are you are fine.

Thanks to all for the heads up on the deposits. I had made my $250 deposit (for 2) Monday evening and I just checked - sure enough, it showed an additional $500 due on 3/9/16. I wonder if that's how they are going to try to cancel the folks (like me) that got the lower fares? Not wanting to put my deal at risk (and certainly not wanting to raise anyone's eyebrows by calling) I just went to the website and paid the additional $500 on my RCI Visa. Now my balance is only $1,300 for a JS! I'll take it!

BTW, both my cruises were flagged to make an extra deposit payment. We paid $250 deposit each at time of booking and on the My Cruises page I was allowed only to make a $500 (full normal) deposit, NOT $250 to bring the deposit up to the required amount. RCI got $750 out of me today for each. Makes for a tiny balance though so I guess I will not complain.

I ran into that as well. I just called C&A and made an automated payment of $125 (solo sailing, $250 deposit).

I booked a Junior Suite for 2 for 2018 yesterday and paid the $500.00 deposit.

I did call, and he said that those sailings were not eligible for the reduced deposits. He took another $250 for a total of $500, JS double occupancy.

I did call, and he said that those sailings were not eligible for the reduced deposits. He took another $250 for a total of $500, JS double occupancy.

Thanks for reporting back. It looks like I am all set then with my deposit. I am so excited that I was able to book our first Junior Suite ever, and at such a good price!

You called and asked if they'd like more money. Of course they said yes:D

I just called and they told me the $250 deposit is fine (even though on my cruises I have a message to make a $500 deposit) and I don't need to pay an additional deposit. Hopefully the agent I spoke with is competent since I left the deposit as is.

I just called and they told me the $250 deposit is fine (even though on my cruises I have a message to make a $500 deposit) and I don't need to pay an additional deposit. Hopefully the agent I spoke with is competent since I left the deposit as is.

I called and asked yesterday and was also told I didn't need an additional deposit even though my confirmation said $500 deposit was due yesterday. Our sailing is in May 2017 so maybe it is one of the ones that does qualify for the reduced deposit.

Grabbed a JS...$1717 total. Paid the $250 deposit.

Pretty sure that in the past I have seen similar "payment due" requests on my bookings and when I called I was told there was no payment due. Think I will just ride it out and see what happens.

Happy to see a thread on this subject.

Yesterday, we booked a JS on the Feb 2018 S. Caribbean to the ABCs. $1889 all in ($944 each). Today's pricing is ~$1K more.

Strangely, the requested deposit was only $100/pp. Electronic booking confirmation shows no additional payment due and that final payment isn't due till Nov 2017.

Doubt RCL will cancel these. Fantastic deals, yes, but not obscenely low to be considered a mistake.

Edited by Nado44

I booked a JS on Adventure at the good price yesterday morning, converting an open booking.

So that was $200 ($100/person) and was told that I don't have to pay anything else until final payment.

Checked the website today and everything showed, but it says I owe $500 by March 15th. As well as final payment by next summer.

I called to inquire and was told I was fine; until my payments reach $500 or more, it will always say $500 payment due.

He assured me that my booking won't get cancelled, if I do nothing by March 15th. But for piece of mind, I will probably pay the $300 anyways.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app