Updates from the Queen Mary 2

Tomorrow (Friday 11 March 2016), we will be boarding the Queen Mary 2 from Sydney to Singapore :D.

While we stay in Australia waters and cell phone coverage, I am going to try and post a few updates plus images, but once we leave Australia waters I don't know what the internet will be like on the QM2, so updates maybe only if I can find free wifi or if I can access here from the QM2.

I am starting this thread today, so to save time latter on if I can post...

Edited by Kiwi_cruiser

Bon voyage Stu, above all enjoy. No doubt you have your tuxedo to appease the high society QM2 pax.

Looking forward to your 'lives' from the ship.

Edited by NSWP

Bon voyage Stu, above all enjoy. No doubt you have your tuxedo to appease the high society QM2 pax.

Looking forward to your 'lives' from the ship.

And Tara Jane, bon voyage, enjoy. !!

Tomorrow (Friday 11 March 2016), we will be boarding the Queen Mary 2 from Sydney to Singapore :D.

While we stay in Australia waters and cell phone coverage, I am going to try and post a few updates plus images, but once we leave Australia waters I don't know what the internet will be like on the QM2, so updates maybe only if I can find free wifi or if I can access here from the QM2.

I am starting this thread today, so to save time latter on if I can post...

Hi Kiwi Cruiser,

I still remember when QM2 and I were leaving Sydney harbour and had a last look at the opera and the people waving us good-bye :)

Have a wonderful journey and look forward with pleasure to read from you!

Cats2010

Hello from the Queen Mary 2.

It took us an hour to board the Queen Mary 2 in Sydney; we spent about 30 mins in the que to check in, once we had check in we were able to get on to the ship, we went to find our cabin and then as we were able to get off the Queen Mary 2 after we checked in, we went off again and got some soft drink and wine, then it was time for Muster then after muster we unpacked our bags. We left Sydney just after 9pm, heading for Brisbane.

When we were Brisbane it rain in the morning, but the rain did not stay around long. We just caught up with some friends up, we looked after their place for them, a few weeks back and they also brought a suitcase we left at theirs (One less thing to take to/from NZ), and we went out for a drive for the day up to Caloundra.

We had two days at sea till we got to Yorkey's Knob (Cairns), where we are today :)

If you get a chance, and it's not a major issue, can you check if

1. You can get a lemon (or lemonade) lime and bitters

2. If so is it covered in the soft drink package.

We're taking outer daughter in Dec and its her normal drink (she's over 18 so the issue of butters having alcohol isn't a problem).

She will drink something else, or pay as she goes otherwise, but I know tha she will like it if it's available.

Thanks.

Thanks Stu, how is the tucker and the entertainment/activities? Hope they have not run out of Schweppes Tonic Water for the Poms G&T's, there would be a mutiny on the QM2, by gad sir.

One of the last few items on my bucket list to sail on QM2. One day soon perhaps.

Edited by NSWP

Thanks Stu, how is the tucker and the entertainment/activities? Hope they have not run out of Schweppes Tonic Water for the Poms G&T's, there would be a mutiny on the QM2, by gad sir.

One of the last few items on my bucket list to sail on QM2. One day soon perhaps.

Next year is the one to look out for...QM2 will be fresh from her refit..:):)

Next year is the one to look out for...QM2 will be fresh from her refit..:):)

That was big factor in us booking next year.

We looked at QV this year, it had a better itinerary, but time and the refit carried the day.

Cunard being Cunard, they have called the QM2 refit/refurb 'REMASTERED.'

Work that one out, sounds more posh as a lot of posh people cruise on QM2 and of course quite a few well heeled Aussies !! LOL.

Work that one out, sounds more posh as a lot of posh people cruise on QM2 and of course quite a few well heeled Aussies !! LOL.

Huh, I have never shown you my heels, how did you know.;)

No heels on thongs :p

Edited by MicCanberra

Les

You can't use the words POSH and Aussies in the same sentence!!!

Barry