how do you find out how many ships will be in port?

eepellet

Thanks for the reminder of this site. I had it book marked on my old computer but could not remember it. Now I do..

Happy Cruising

You're welcome and Happy Cruising to you too.:)

kdstormy has it right. Many ports actually have schedules. That is the most accurate.

I find that the sites mentioned are not always up to date, have inaccurate information and for several ports such as those outside the USA/Caribbean do not include several ships that are part of cruise lines that are not the typical ones that USA based passengers sail.

Keith

Hi everyone, whats the norm for the number of ships in a port? First time cruiser here :) 2 of 3 of our ports have 3 total and one just has our ship. Is 3 the norm or is that a lot? Thank you!!!

Can vary all over the place. Depends on where you are cruising and time of year. You can be on the only ship in port or can be up to 5 or 6 in a place like st. Thomas. Greatest impact often in tender ports or places where you have to battle for transportation. Also nice to know how many passengers as well as the port time of the other ships. For instance I am going to santorini next month and the number of other passengers will impact lines for the cable car. I use what's in port but like others have said none of the websites is 100% accurate

I just used this to see what ships will be in San Juan for when I'm staying at the Sheraton Old Town (I'm not going on a cruise). Looks like I'll be waking up to a full pier at the Old Town dock!! Now, I have to figure out how to negotiate a free upgrade to that full harbor view suite!!! I'd love to be able to sit out on that balcony, with a drink in my hand, and look at the ships all lit up at night!