Dress Code In The Diamond Lounge?

This will be our first cruise as Diamond and we just want to be sure we don't get anyone stirred up....LOL....:eek::eek:

We will be on the Freedom...

Thanks!!

Edited by GTO-Girl

This will be our first cruise as Diamond and we just want to be sure we don't get anyone stirred up....LOL....:eek::eek:

Thanks!!

Same as dining room diner is the norm although there are some that want to look like they are going bowling

I have wore anything and everything from TUX, suit, sport coat, shirt and tie, polo shirt, shorts(of course nice) and yes dirty tour clothes when I needed a drink after a long hot late tour, NO ONE CARES. Well maybe the fashion police LOL.

I have wore anything and everything from TUX, suit, sport coat, shirt and tie, polo shirt, shorts(of course nice) and yes dirty tour clothes when I needed a drink after a long hot late tour, NO ONE CARES. Well maybe the fashion police LOL.

That's what I thought. But please don't report us to the fashion police....they can get vicious!!! :D:D

Happy Sailing!!!!

I believe that the letter left in your state room has a comment about appropriate dress. It mentions something about no shorts for evening cocktails. The other times, there is no dress code. Just wear what is acceptable and appropriate. Shorts are OK during the day. As you would expect, swimsuits without cover ups are not appropriate .

Enjoy

M

Thanks!!

You'll need a rubber chicken, some black electrical tape, and a feather boa... :eek:

To be serious: I believe bathing suits are never allowed and the suggested attire during the cocktail hours is "as per dinner". But if you've ever seen those photos about dress codes where one person looks awful while conforming and the other violates the rules but looks awesome, you know there is plenty of wiggle room.

I'll admit to going in there during "happy hours" in shorts, getting some canapes and leaving, even though that is "not allowed". If it caused a buzz in the room, I left with a smile.

Adventure a few weeks ago it ranged from old guy biker attire (every night, complete with bandanas) to jorts with holey t-shirt (but he was a really good tipper so they didn't blink) to the pretty lady who wore the most beautiful dresses every night (must have had major luggage issues) to colorful bow tie guy, but the topper was the woman who came in to happy hour more than once in her RCI issued bath robe. Really. People watching made that cruise. But honestly, most were well attired for MDR seatings.

Anything goes during the day; they want pants on guys during cocktail hours.

They may want it, but do they get it? Have seen lots of shorts at the cocktail hour. :eek:;)

What ever you want, I ware shorts and a t shirt all the time.

So does my husband all the time too & dare I say I let my tattoos show whether I'm wearing a dress or Lord Forbid shorts like him? :D

Last night, not formal night, saw one gentleman turned away at the door wearing shorts. This is for Diamond Lounge, which we prefer, for the view. Not a big deal, concierge gave him a drink to carry out. Just our report.:)

Early on the first evening of your cruise, take the DL Concierge aside and ask him/her if shorts would be acceptable attire. In my experience, most allow shorts on Caribbean itineraries, but Europe - not so much. That being said, I always made sure to wear long pants (including jeans) to the DL on formal nights. If I didn't want to change out of my shorts, I stay out of the DL and got my three drinks at the Schooner Bar.

Thanks!!

We have been on 4 cruises already this year. My DH, who is somewhat of a rebel, who tries to always be comfortable, has tried on each cruise (4 different ships) to get into the Diamond Lounge in the EVENINGS with nice leather thong sandals (not the rubber beach kind) and/or nice shorts. Each and every time, he was told to leave and come back with regular shoes and long pants. He tried one time to wear thong sandals with long pants, but the result was the same. We are Diamond Plus, so I guess they mean business. Smart casual means smart casual. Mornings and afternoons are casual, but not at night. Just saying....!

We have been on 4 cruises already this year. My DH, who is somewhat of a rebel, who tries to always be comfortable, has tried on each cruise (4 different ships) to get into the Diamond Lounge in the EVENINGS with nice leather thong sandals (not the rubber beach kind) and/or nice shorts. Each and every time, he was told to leave and come back with regular shoes and long pants. He tried one time to wear thong sandals with long pants, but the result was the same. We are Diamond Plus, so I guess they mean business. Smart casual means smart casual. Mornings and afternoons are casual, but not at night. Just saying....!

I guess it all depends on the Concierge and/or itinerary. I've never had a problem. Of course, I've never attempted to wear "thong sandals" in the DL either...