Turn down service in addition to the morning cabin cleaning.

LzyCruiser_NWA

Does celebrity offer both morning cleaning and then turn down service at night?

Our last cruise on the summit in a c2, the Stewart never service our room more then once a day. Which we considered a miss considering carnival even does it twice a day.

Now that I'm thinking about it. Was it a miss on the steward part or is it the norm?

Our last cruise on the summit in a c2, the Stewart never service our room more then once a day. Which we considered a miss considering carnival even does it twice a day.

Now that I'm thinking about it. Was it a miss on the steward part or is it the norm?

It was a miss, I've never not had them do the turndown after dinner.

I have always had both the daily cleaning and evening turn down service on all of my Celebrity Cruises.

Sounds like you may have just had a lazy steward. I'm hoping that this is not the new norm. We are sailing on the Summit in a few weeks. I will definitely report back if we experience the same. Hoping it was just a fluke. :confused::confused:

Edited by bugsy43

They always do both.

Turn down service is a complete waste of time and a huge cost to the cruise lines. I've never been anyplace else where this occurs and we've stayed at some very nice hotels. Eliminating this would enable them to cut their cabin stewards, and assistants by one half. That would save them millions which would ensure the executives bigger salaries and increase shareholder value.

Turn down service is a complete waste of time and a huge cost to the cruise lines. I've never been anyplace else where this occurs and we've stayed at some very nice hotels. Eliminating this would enable them to cut their cabin stewards, and assistants by one half. That would save them millions which would ensure the executives bigger salaries and increase shareholder value.

Surely you jest and this is tongue in check.

The evening service is not just a turn-down, the steward also cleans the bathroom again and changes any towels that are needed. As well of course, as sometimes producing towel animals.

Exactly. We would have appreciated new towels etc more then them turning over my bed but it's part of the cruising experience and my wife does love the towel animals. She usually save them all and make a mini zoo

Wow ok yea. Our steward only gave us new towels once a day and for a port intensive cruise it was bad since we tend to take multiple showers.

Let's hope the next set of steward is better on the Equinox.

Hi....in my opinion, you could have spoken with your cabin attendant

and explained you wanted more towels. You could have also asked them

directly about the evening turn down service.

Surely you jest and this is tongue in check.

I'm dead serious. There was a day when cruising was considered something special and it was one of the things that helped made it so, that's not the case anymore. Millions of people travel and stay in hotels without turndown service and get by nicely. If you need extra towels just ask. There are only a few things left that they can cheapen up to avoid raising prices and this would be a major one. At the very least, it could be an extra and the ones who wanted it could pay extra to keep it.

Celebrity puts those silly little signs in the bathroom that basically says if you want to save the world, reuse your towels. If you want fresh towels, throw the soiled ones on the bathroom floor. What a joke.

I tell the stateroom attendant the first day that I always want 4 bath towels, 4 hand towels, and 4 wash cloths. If he sees one used, replace it. I refuse to throw the towels on the floor.

We've never experienced that. We would insist on the morning and evening cabin cleaning/service if we didn't receive it. We never leave a mess but we like that we don't have to make our bed in the morning or turn it down in the evening and get fresh towels twice a day. We have no issues putting used towels and wash clothes on the shower floor as requested.

I think maybe your room steward was under the assumption that you didn't want evening turn down service as I have never heard of them just skipping it before and we've cruised across many cruise lines multiple times.

I for one, would not mind if they cut the service down to once per day and if you wanted twice per day service, you could always request that. It is a huge expense for the cruise line industry and we don't use more than one towel per day -- ever! We could even re-use towels but the times on which we hung them back up to use a second time, they are always replaced. Many times, I tell the room steward there is no need to do the evening service. I tend to believe that your steward didn't ignore your room, I think maybe his/her notes were off kilter. There have been a few times when we didn't receive our daily paper in our mail slot, but otherwise, haven't seen them ever purposely skip our evening turn down.

PS - I know they do have a cut off time and if your do not disturb sign is hanging on your door after that time, they do end up going down to their room for their nightly sleep.

Edited by Cruise Raider

We've never been on any cruise, any cruise line, that did not have evening turn-down service. We don't care about towel animals and the chocolates have been awful lately, but when we come back to the room at night, don't want to have to bother with taking off the bedspread and stashing it somewhere. That's also when you receive the next day's newsletter/port information, etc. I would have spoken with the steward and ask why it was not being done. If that didn't solve the problem, the next step is the Housekeeping manager.

As far as towels go, the rule is usually that if you fold it and put it back on the rack, it's not replaced. If you want it replaced, place it on the floor (don't know why anyone would find that an issue!) or on the lower shelf below the sink (if there is one). We usually get clean towels every 2nd or 3rd day.

I for one, would not mind if they cut the service down to once per day and if you wanted twice per day service, you could always request that. It is a huge expense for the cruise line industry and we don't use more than one towel per day -- ever! We could even re-use towels but the times on which we hung them back up to use a second time, they are always replaced.

The issue with that is when would it be done?

In the morning so the bed is made and the cabin is tidy for the day? But then wet towels from evening showers clutter up the bathroom, and cruise ship bathrooms aren't as big as most good hotel bathrooms.

In the evening so those who have evening showers get the wet towels replaced. But then the bed stays unmade all day.

Celebrity puts those silly little signs in the bathroom that basically says if you want to save the world, reuse your towels. If you want fresh towels, throw the soiled ones on the bathroom floor. What a joke.

I tell the stateroom attendant the first day that I always want 4 bath towels, 4 hand towels, and 4 wash cloths. If he sees one used, replace it. I refuse to throw the towels on the floor.

This seems a little much, at home do you use a new towel every time you have a shower or wash your face. I get it that you are on vacation and yes they do save money on this but it is way better for the environment if you use a towel a few times before getting a new one

Just saying

This seems a little much, at home do you use a new towel every time you have a shower or wash your face. I get it that you are on vacation and yes they do save money on this but it is way better for the environment if you use a towel a few times before getting a new one

Just saying

Yes, once you've used it, it's got all that dead skin on the towel, so I change after every shower. I don't buy into the myth that this would be damaging to the environment.