Hull Art?!?!?!?

marco

Have you seen any pictures of the new "Majestic Princess"? They plan to paint the Sea Witch logo on the bow. I say leave the ticky tacky hull art to NCL! I sure hope they don't plan on doing this fleet wide.

Edited by marco

From the Princess News Center...

"SANTA CLARITA, Calif. (February 8, 2016) – Princess Cruises announced today, on Chinese New Year, that Majestic Princess, the first cruise ship built and designed specifically for the China market will also be the first ship in the fleet to debut an elegant new livery design featuring the company’s iconic logo. The new livery design will roll out fleetwide over the next few years."

Last year my sister and I went on our first NCL cruise and I was actually embarrassed to be on that ship (we were on the Breakaway). I understand why they do it (great marketing) but I personally think it cheapens the line. This is our first Princess cruise in October to NE/Canada. I always thought Princess was a little more sophisticated (similar to the relationship with RCCL/X). I hope Princess doesn't disappoint.

Edited by jpcello

Have you seen any pictures of the new "Majestic Princess"? They plan to paint the Sea Witch logo on the bow. I say leave the ticky tacky hull art to NCL! I sure hope they don't plan on doing this fleet wide.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2298206&highlight=majestic+princess

13879251_311987085858632_2971913713400602755_n.jpg

13876539_311987105858630_6155443795056334612_n.jpg

Edited by Colo Cruiser

Count me in the "yuk, double yuk, and triple yuk" opinion for the hull art. I'm serious that if it rolls out fleet wide I may stick with HAL instead. I have a deposit on my first Celebrity cruise so I'll see what I think of them. Of course, life is good if the design on the ship is my biggest problem.

The point of the livery design is so that a Princess ship can be identified from a considerable distance. Right now, unless you're in the know, if you saw a big white ship a couple of miles away, it could be Princess, or RCI, or Celebrity, or P&O etc.

And of course, some extra paint on the hull does not affect the ambience within... :rolleyes:

Personally, I think it's fine. Depending on your visual perspective, it looks like the whole hull is painted. It's not. It's just the forward/bow area. I think it's distinctive and you'll be able to immediately identify a Princess ship from a distance.

I'm not a fan of the Majestic's hull art but it's much better than other ones they considered and definitely not as bad as NCL's Joy in China.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=7150

Wowie Zowie! What an eyesore!!!

I'm not a fan of the new look for Princess but they really don't ask my opinion. I don't have to look at the outside of the ship very often. It's the decor and ambience onboard that is most important to me. I have often said I feel fortunate to have started with Princess. It was a great fit for us and we will stick with Princess as long as they continue to provide the type of product they have given us so far. No garish decor, no drunk "young adults", no foul language everywhere, no hairy chest contests, etc. It's such a relaxing experience and we love it.

Wowie Zowie! What an eyesore!!!

I'm not a fan of the new look for Princess but they really don't ask my opinion. I don't have to look at the outside of the ship very often. It's the decor and ambience onboard that is most important to me. I have often said I feel fortunate to have started with Princess. It was a great fit for us and we will stick with Princess as long as they continue to provide the type of product they have given us so far. No garish decor, no drunk "young adults", no foul language everywhere, no hairy chest contests, etc. It's such a relaxing experience and we love it.

I'm also not a fan but they don't ask my opinion either. ;)

I won't be sailing on the Majestic & as you said what's onboard is more important to me. Hopefully Princess will continue to provide the experience you enjoy & after being fortunate to have sailed on dozens of their cruises, they continue to provide our best overall cruise experience at a reasonable price.

Edited by Astro Flyer

Personally, I think it's fine. Depending on your visual perspective, it looks like the whole hull is painted. It's not. It's just the forward/bow area. I think it's distinctive and you'll be able to immediately identify a Princess ship from a distance.

Totally agree....classy and makes Princess look more modern....also like the new ships much better then the older ones...:)

When we arrived at the pier for our one and only cruise on NCL, I thought we were sailing on a "circus tent". We've sailed with Princess probably about 10 times, and always thought of them as a "class act." Class can be defined as meaning "less is more." I'm not impressed with the new over the top look.

Princess: PLEASE DON'T DO IT! It does look like a carnival toy (no pun intended!) straight out of the circus. It doesn't go at all with the elegant old world decor on the interior. Just a matter of time that the inside will start to look like an IKEA showroom.