Cruising virgin!

Hi all

My fiancee and I are getting married in July next year and are setting off for our honeymoon on the crown princess for the Mediterranean cruise from Southampton.

Neither of us has cruised before and are a little nervous about quite a few aspects of the cruise and would welcome any advise.

You've chosen an excellent, romantic honeymoon! My honeymoon specific recommendations would be...

1) Book a balcony stateroom

2) Do a couple's massage

3) Do the Ultimate Balcony Dinner- $100 total for a private steak/lobster dinner on your balcony

Have fun, and congratulations!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Congratulations on your engagement and upcoming wedding! It's wise of you to start in planning now for next July. Mediterranean cruises are packed with wonderful sites and the summer is a busy season for tourists there so advance planning is important.

The Crown is a beautiful ship with many amenities. You can research them on the Princess website or ask questions here on CC's Princess message board.

The Mediterranean ports section of CC's Message Boards is a good place to find out about places of interest and suggestions for touring.

Definitely join the Roll Call for your cruise. You can ask lots of questions there and get help in planning. You can also find out about shared tours that Roll Call members are organizing and posting on the Roll Call. Carefully note the details and compare to the ship's offerings for excursions. Also check Trip Advisor to read reviews of tour companies. Then you will be better informed to make decisions about booking your excursions.

Try to learn as much as you can about the ports you will be visiting. Many Med cruisers find the Rick Steeve's guides helpful in learning about the various ports and their best attractions. There are some excellent videos people have posted on you tube about their tours in the Mediterranean. As a previous poster has stated, you can't do it all so plan as much as you can to get the most out of your cruise.

One last thought...Do let Princess know you'll be celebrating your honeymoon on this cruise. There's a place online in the Princess Cruise Personalizer to register information about yourselves. In one sections they ask if you are celebrating and special occasions during the cruise. If you note it's your honeymoon, Princess will be sure to mark the occasions with cabin door decorations and a special dessert cake. All very nice and memorable! Enjoy!:)

View the information in the online Cruise Personalizer section of your reservation for helpful information and also their Cruise Answer Book (a downloadable PDF) has a lot of very useful information for your cruise.

https://book.princess.com/images/cc/brochure/downloads/Princess_Cruise_Answer_Book.pdf

Edited by Astro Flyer

Go to the Princess web site and download the "Cruise Answer Book."

It will answer many questions you did not know you had.

Also, continue to ask questions, either on your roll call or in this general forum.

Hi all

My fiancee and I are getting married in July next year and are setting off for our honeymoon on the crown princess for the Mediterranean cruise from Southampton.

Neither of us has cruised before and are a little nervous about quite a few aspects of the cruise and would welcome any advise.

Welcome!

Joining CC was the right thing you did as first time cruiser.

Plan to see and do as much as you can on and off the ship. While on the cruise and you are not sure of something there is only one thing to do about that. ASK someone for help or information. This may seem contradictory but also do not try to do everthing that is happening onboard each day. Make a list of items you must do then you can add other items as you go along.

The main thing is to relax and enjoy yourself. There is only one first cruise.

Just to clarify we booked our cruise through a UK travel agent and we booked a room with a balcony on the Caribe deck near the front (what I call the pointy end) 😁

We have looked on the website but there still some questions

1 the all inclusive drinks packages are very expensive, can you carry wine onto the boat to drink in the room?

2 how many formal nights do have to do?

3 what is the dress code for the formal nights for both men and women.

These are just few questions ...... so far lol

Just to clarify we booked our cruise through a UK travel agent and we booked a room with a balcony on the Caribe deck near the front (what I call the pointy end) 😁

1 the all inclusive drinks packages are very expensive, can you carry wine onto the boat to drink in the room? Yes - one per adult. Additional bottles may be brought by paying a corkage fee

2 how many formal nights do have to do?Number of nights depends on length of cruise

3 what is the dress code for the formal nights for both men and women.Recommended is jacket and tie for men, dressy outfit for women

A lot of what you want to know can be found here: http://www.princess.com/learn/faq_answer/pre_cruise/prepare.jsp

I've given brief answers above, but highly recommend you start by reading the link I shared. It answers the basics.

Enjoy and congratulations!

1 the all inclusive drinks packages are very expensive, can you carry wine onto the boat to drink in the room?

2 how many formal nights do have to do?

3 what is the dress code for the formal nights for both men and women.

All of which are answered at rhe website. Here you go:

Wine policy: http://www.princess.com/learn/faq_answer/onboard/experience.jsp

Dress code, including how many formal or smart casual nights: http://www.princess.com/learn/faq_answer/pre_cruise/bring.jsp. In practice, ladies will range from all out gowns to cocktail dresses to nice dresses to slacks and sparkly top; men will range from tuxedo to suits to slacks and sport coat.

That should help out!

Congratulations on your upcoming nuptials! :D

My daughter and son in-law did a 7 day cruise on a different line last November. They are in their late 20's.

I asked them what was the one thing they wish they had not done. Their answer was that they did too much and were exhausted from all the tours they did in each port and should been a bit more selective. :eek:

So, my suggestion is to do a few excursions however pace yourself and enjoy each others company! Its okay just to get off a ship and walk around on your own adventure. :D

Congrats!

I am getting ready for my 8th cruise, first time on Norwegian and to Mediterranean . Just know that everyone is very helpful, the staff and other cruisers. I agree, don't over do it, there will be a lot to see and do. We use trip adviser to help with things to do and what excursions to go on by using the ratings. Best of luck and have a blast!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I am getting ready for my 8th cruise, first time on Norwegian and to Mediterranean . Just know that everyone is very helpful, the staff and other cruisers. I agree, don't over do it, there will be a lot to see and do. We use trip adviser to help with things to do and what excursions to go on by using the ratings. Best of luck and have a blast!

Welcome to Cruise Critic!

If you are cruising Norwegian then you should post this on the Norwegian board.

Get a guidebook on your ports, so you know something about the places you'll visit! It really enhances your time ashore!

The Rick Steves cruise ports books have been a tremendous help to us. With the OP sailing the Crown Princess in the Med his Mediterranean Cruise Ports book would be helpful.

Welcome to Cruise Critic!

If you are cruising Norwegian then you should post this on the Norwegian board.

it says they are on the Crown Princess

Colo Cruiser's reply was to this post & not to the OP's post.

Edited by Astro Flyer