Adults Only cruise?

weskrisb

P & O or Saga are the only ones that are Adult only

You will get lots of responses to sail when school is in session but no gty they will be children free

Luxury or premium lines may have less children than the main stream lines & you may even get lucky with a child free sailing ;)

Two of our recent mainstream cruises have had almost no kids----

Carnival Hawaii RT LA 15 day, end of October had 20 under 18's onboard.

Princess California Coastal RT LA 7 day, first week of last March had about 8 young kids, maybe one teen.

Both of our Mexican Riviera Super Bowl cruises didn't have many kids. The itins were 9 (10?) and 13 days long.

Edited by SadieN

Rarely will you find children on Silversea, and when you do, it's usually one well-to-do family that has instilled manners and decorum in their brood. Perhaps a few more might show on some Seabourn cruises. In general, these are lines that do not have childrens activities, make no special provisions for them, and are pricey enough that taking a family is a significant expenditure. The smaller size of the ship means that they don't have the water slides and "fun stuff" that would attract families. As mentioned, unless you have chartered the ship and control who is onboard, YMMV.

Consider WINDSTAR

while they do not proscribe kids ... their policy is pretty clear .... from their web page:

Children, especially infants and toddlers, are not encouraged aboard Windstar cruises. The intimate yacht size and unregimented atmosphere are adult in orientation and do not provide for the care, supervision, or entertainment of children.

All of the mainstream ships will have their share of kids...but since they aren't YOUR kids...ignore them! You can be romantic and find quiet areas! The kid's club keep the little ones busy most of the time. Really, the only time you notice them is at the pool....and you can use the "adult" pool area, if there is one!

I agree with the Windstar suggestion, and have had their Caribbean itinerary on my wish list forever: http://www.windstarcruises.com/cruise/Caribbean/Yachtsmans-Caribbean/?id=42&sid=21086. Also check out Oceania Cruises, or Celebrity. And heading West, consider the Paul Gauguin from Tahiti (only an eight hour flight from LAX). French Polynesia enjoyed from a small ship is amazing.

I second (or third?) the suggestion to check out the lines with smaller ships that do not cater to the amusement park theory of cruising. And by "smaller ships" I do not mean 2500 passengers rather than 4500 passengers! :eek:

Windstar - there is nothing more romantic than sitting on deck under full sail.

In addition to their sailing vessels, Windstar acquired the three triplets from Seabourn. Each of these has only 200 passengers - it's like sailing on a private yacht. The ships are fantastic.

Silverseas & Seabourn: particularly their cruises of more than 8 days. In addition, several of the smaller lines are more inclusive than the mass market.

These lines do not have slides, ice hockey, climbing walls, or camps. Children are expected to conform to the ambiance on the ship, not the other way around. There are not generally many children on board, and those that are sailing usually understand the expectations of the other passengers.

One more to look into....SeaDream.

I would disagree with Celebrity. Though positioned as being "above" mass-market, they are of such a size that you are more likely to get kids. My one Celebrity cruise had a number of them, and they were noticable. Same with Oceania, especially the newer, larger ships.

Regarding Celebrity, I was providing an option that doesn't look to 'break the bank'. We don't know the OP's budget, nor when they intend to travel. I suggested Celebrity, a premium cruise line that is a great value with a 'taste of luxury', not found with the mainstream lines of Carnival, NCL, Royal Caribbean, etc. While the small ships and luxury lines would certainly be nice, not everyone can sail at Windstar and Seabourn prices. The (one) 6 day cruise that Seabourn offers starts at $3k p.p.+. Their other itineraries are 12 days ($6k and up p.p.), and 19, 27, and 39 day cruises.

Celebrity is offering itineraries to the Caribbean (r.t. from Miami) year-round in 2017 on the Equinox. The 8, 10, and 11 night (summer) sailings are priced between $999 and $1,049 p.p.+.

From what I can tell, neither Viking Ocean nor River cruises encourages pint-sized passengers. Haven't sailed either of their lines, so I don't know for sure. That's just what I've gathered from their websites/FAQ's.

Edited by wwcruisers

Regarding Celebrity, I was providing an option that doesn't look to 'break the bank'. We don't know the OP's budget, nor when they intend to travel.

There is a simple fact of life....you get what you pay for. If the OP wants a quiet, romantic, no kids experience (per their original posting), they will have to pay the tariff for that experience. To suggest that they go for a less expensive option completely ignores that that they want....drumroll....quiet, romantic and kid-free.

Whether or not they chose to pay for that - completely different issue. But that would be like saying to someone who wants a refined, cultured and quiet vacation, "Hey, take a weekend cruise on Carnival....it's cheap." Misses the point.

There is a simple fact of life....you get what you pay for. If the OP wants a quiet, romantic, no kids experience (per their original posting), they will have to pay the tariff for that experience. To suggest that they go for a less expensive option completely ignores that that they want....drumroll....quiet, romantic and kid-free.

Whether or not they chose to pay for that - completely different issue. But that would be like saying to someone who wants a refined, cultured and quiet vacation, "Hey, take a weekend cruise on Carnival....it's cheap." Misses the point.

I think one can get a quiet, romantic, vacation on Celebrity especially if one books a suite and travels during a time when very few children vacation. Celebrity does not allow children in their spa pool, and there is always one adult pool available. I don't recall anyone mention Carnival in this discussion I'm a little confused with your analogy. The Carnival brand is nothing like the Celebrity brand

Same with Oceania...I could count the number of kids on one hand...total for all three of my cruises on O. The kids I did see fit the description used for kids seen on silver sea in a previous post.

Oceania makes no provision for kids (kids club), except for a very few cruises. Those I would avoid.

I think one can get a quiet, romantic, vacation on Celebrity especially if one books a suite and travels during a time when very few children vacation. Celebrity does not allow children in their spa pool, and there is always one adult pool available.

some people do not want to be confined to just certain areas of the ship to avoid children

I am with BUGGINS the most we have had on 1 sailing were 8 kids all others are 0 to 4 at one time

Oceania rarely have lots of kids onboard

Usually the Alaska & Christmas holidays have more families on the shorter sailings

the OP has not returned so may pointless to speculate what they really want