Firemamdave

firemandave

actually this has come up before on the Princess board and each time, the majority of Princess vets are really glad there isn't a FTTF option. If you have attained platinum status (such as after taking five cruises) or getting a high rated accommodation, you'll get priority boarding.

On Carnival they have faster to the fun which lets you bypass the long lines. Do they have anything like this on Princess?

Thank God NO! There's already plenty of platinum and elites boarding without adding more bodies to the lines as it is.

If you really would like to board early, invite someone to do the BVE (Bon Voyage Experience) if available in your embarkation port.

We treat our ride to lunch and a tour on board when they take us to the pier in SF. We all have a nice lunch and a tour of the ship plus a complimentary embarkation photo. It is $39 for the non-passenger but passengers that are linked to that reservation are allowed to board early and pay nothing extra.

There is really not a lot going on before boarding is complete but check out the BVE if you want to get onboard early, if it is available in the port which you are embarking and if you have someone you would like to treat with the BVE.

PS -- it is available in SF and limited to 50 people, non-refundable payment of $39 but if that person books another cruise while onboard or shortly afterwards, the cost is applied to their new reservation on Princess.

I'm just pleased that the cabin is always available as soon as we board. I would hate to have to wait around to get into my cabin and drop my carry on luggage. We have only had to wait to board one time - it was in San Pedro and there was a major delay. I believe it was due to the immigration people. Normally we can board almost immediately no matter when we arrive.

On Carnival they have faster to the fun which lets you bypass the long lines. Do they have anything like this on Princess?
Why would you need it? Boarding is usually fast and efficient once the ship is cleared and you can go directly to your cabin upon boarding and start your cruise. No need to pay extra for what's already available.

Funny thing about Princess boarding. We have always shown up fairly early to the terminal. Before we were Platinum we got on pretty early. After we became Platinum we got on just a little bit earlier. Now we are Elite and we get on just a little earlier still. I think that the last time we got on board we might have made it about 30 minutes before our friends who were first-timers on Princess. Why mess with a good thing?? Carnival just figured out how to get a little more money out of their customers. :(

With some of the small cutbacks to save money on Princess lately it wouldn't shock me to see them start the same procedure as Carnival.

I think you're right. :eek: I just hope not!!!! One of the reasons I like Princess is

because they're NOT like Carnival.

Tony

Suggestion - nobody cares what your name is. Use a title for your thread that relates to the topic so we can decide if we want to read it w/o opening it.

DON

I'm guessing he forgot to put a title for his thread....and whenever that happens on this site, your screen name gets put as the title (happens most often with first time posters). Some forum websites will make you put a title subject first.

I'm guessing he forgot to put a title for his thread....and whenever that happens on this site' date=' your screen name gets put as the title (happens most often with first time posters). Some forum websites will make you put a title subject first.[/quote']

Not sure this is the case here as its misspelled with a M instead of a N... (like someone typed in a hurry)