ABC Islands Worth the travel?

DisneyDatknee

Not a first timer, but definitely a first timer to the ABC islands. ☼

We have the Oasis booked, but my mother deep down inside really wants to go to the ABC islands instead , but she says that the sea days are too much for her. She thinks she will be bored and she wants to just stop and stop. We are looking at either at the Carnival Sunshine (A,B, and Grand Turk -- NO C) or the Crown Princess (Actual ABCs). Obviously Princess will be more (some exceptions), but she would prefer it. Anyways, is there anything I could say to persuade her into doing a long 8 day to the ABCs with 3 stops? I keep telling her "more days to relax", but she isn't buying it :confused::confused:.

We loved the ABCs. LOVED them. I hope you figure out some way to convince your mom, because they are spectacular!

There was shopping in each port, close to the dock, if I remember correctly. Does that help any?

Instead of "more days to relax", what about "more days to enjoy each other's company"??

You could do a true ABC cruise from Miami on Navigator of the seas with Royal Caribbean and get Labadee, Haiti on the way down.

1 Miami, Florida 17:00

2 At sea

3 Labadee, Haiti 07:00-16:00

4 At sea

5 Willemstad, Curaçao 09:00-19:00

6 Oranjestad, Aruba 07:00-17:00

7 Kralendijk, Bonaire 07:00-17:00

8 At sea

9 At sea

10 Miami, Florida 07:00

If you are trying to stick to a 7 day cruise, consider one that embarks/debarks in San Juan. Yes, the airfare is a bit higher and the flight a little longer, but you can get a 7 day cruise to the southern Caribbean (including ABC islands) with only 1 sea day.

Hank

P.S. We luv Sea Days and have taken cruises with for then 20 sea days on a single cruise. Total heaven.

Not a first timer, but definitely a first timer to the ABC islands. ☼

We have the Oasis booked, but my mother deep down inside really wants to go to the ABC islands instead , but she says that the sea days are too much for her. She thinks she will be bored and she wants to just stop and stop. We are looking at either at the Carnival Sunshine (A,B, and Grand Turk -- NO C) or the Crown Princess (Actual ABCs). Obviously Princess will be more (some exceptions), but she would prefer it. Anyways, is there anything I could say to persuade her into doing a long 8 day to the ABCs with 3 stops? I keep telling her "more days to relax", but she isn't buying it :confused::confused:.

Yes, the ABC islands cruise ABSOLUTELY WORTH IT!

If she is not buying it........her loss!

{Show this to her!}

You could do a true ABC cruise from Miami on Navigator of the seas with Royal Caribbean and get Labadee, Haiti on the way down.

1 Miami, Florida 17:00

2 At sea

3 Labadee, Haiti 07:00-16:00

4 At sea

5 Willemstad, Curaçao 09:00-19:00

6 Oranjestad, Aruba 07:00-17:00

7 Kralendijk, Bonaire 07:00-17:00

8 At sea

9 At sea

10 Miami, Florida 07:00

Navigator isn't doing that sailing the week we are planning :( I actually did look at that one for the date we are going on Holland, but we just couldn't make room for the Friday departure! :/

Edited by DisneyDatknee

If you are trying to stick to a 7 day cruise, consider one that embarks/debarks in San Juan. Yes, the airfare is a bit higher and the flight a little longer, but you can get a 7 day cruise to the southern Caribbean (including ABC islands) with only 1 sea day.

Hank

P.S. We luv Sea Days and have taken cruises with for then 20 sea days on a single cruise. Total heaven.

I am looking at the Adventure OTS & the Jewel OTS... Hopefully I can find a good deal to make the airfare justified.

There are some people who do not like sea days and seem to want to cruise only for the shopping - hard to understand why they don't just go to Freeport, Maine or Mall of America for a few days.

It's crazy the amount of stores in ports. We don't cruise for shopping!! I was so surprised to see all the touristy brands in the caribbean all the way in Alaska. :(:(

Most older, retired folks don't really need "to relax"...they can (and usually do) relax any time they want! I know I do, and I'm not even retired!

That said, if she wants to go, she'll go. If she doesn't...she won't!

My mother still works full-time and she's 76. :eek: Crazy, I know, but she still doesn't want to quit. She loves working, but she's planning to retire soon so maybe this will turn into a retirement celebration cruise.

I have not been to Aruba. Bonaire and Curacao I would return to in a heart beat.

Bonaire is all about diving and snorkeling. And you will not find better snorkeling in the Caribbean!

Curacao has good shopping, a neat aquarium, and some really nice swimming beaches.

Bonaire is known for the diving opportunities, not shopping. Aruba and Curaçao has shopping but mostly jewelry and booze The beaches in Aruba are simply spectacular.

Absolutely agree with this comment.

The ABC islands are phenomenal. We have been to them several times. The first time in Bonaire, we chose to just walk the port area and that was a mistake. We were bored. The second time, we booked a kayak and snorkel excursion and it was fabulous! So, I recommend doing "something" in Bonaire. :)

There are some people who do not like sea days and seem to want to cruise only for the shopping - hard to understand why they don't just go to Freeport, Maine or Mall of America for a few days.

There are others who do not like either sea days or shopping, and want to spend their time at a beach or in the ocean.

This is the one to do:

Ships: Royal Princess

Ports: Ft. Lauderdale, Florida | Aruba | Curacao | Grenada | Dominica | St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands | Princess Cays, Bahamas

10 days, 7 islands. Your mom won't be bored and you get Aruba and Curacao and also Grenada - which is AWESOME!

This is the one to do:

Ships: Royal Princess

Ports: Ft. Lauderdale, Florida | Aruba | Curacao | Grenada | Dominica | St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands | Princess Cays, Bahamas

10 days, 7 islands. Your mom won't be bored and you get Aruba and Curacao and also Grenada - which is AWESOME!

That's exactly the one I was thinking of.