Majesty 7 Nov, 2016 Delay Announced

Scotty G

I actually live in Orlando. My dad was going to drive me but he's older and doesn't drive at night too well any more. If I take transportation it's gonna be $140. That's why I'm angry. It's either my dad drives at night or I pay $140.

Or you have him drop you off at Grills and you have a 2 hour dinner with drinks and take a $10 cab.

Why not just drive from Orlando and park at the Radisson? If you book in advance, it is really cheap, I think we paid $7 a day on our last cruise. We live in Orlando and park there every cruise. It is a short 5-10 minute ride to the port on their shuttles.

Or you have him drop you off at Grills and you have a 2 hour dinner with drinks and take a $10 cab.

Why not just drive from Orlando and park at the Radisson? If you book in advance, it is really cheap, I think we paid $7 a day on our last cruise. We live in Orlando and park there every cruise. It is a short 5-10 minute ride to the port on their shuttles.

All great suggestions,but the guy does not want to spend any money,he wasn't planning on............guess Dad would foot the bill for gas and tolls..

PH8, Fishlips HAPPY HOUR from 3pm to 6pm for you and your group of Central Florida folks. E-mail Aurora Yera-Rodriguez or Michael Bayley to get them to pick up the tab! The party should not have to start at 5:30pm on the ship.

I am on this Monday's Oct 31 Halloween cruise and so far no message about a delay on this one. Keeping my fingers, and toes, crossed.

Mike

ps, do you know if JD is back on the ship. I thought he was, but ScottyG recently said he did not come back, as of end of September.

Update...JD is back today!!

2 or 3 years ago the Miami Heat won and they closed the entrance to the port around 10am because of the parade. I got to the port by 9am and on the ship by 11am. We had the ship for ourself until around 3pm that entrance was opened again. Departure time was delayed for hours but no compensation

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

On a short cruise like this... I'd cancel unless they offer some serious compensation. That's a deal breaker. Almost an entire day taken away and the first day is always a lot of fun. On Carnival, I get the FTTF and we are on before noon with our cabin ready. It's an entire day, basically.

They are boarding you after dinner time, etc. etc. Not acceptable - at least not at full price.

Yeah. That was the original point! Unfortunately I tried to cancel and they are gonna charge 100% penalty rate! So... no $ back!! I gaurantee you that if some of these trolls were going on the ship that they'd be angry too!! Amazing how rude and apathetic people are!

Yeah. That was the original point! Unfortunately I tried to cancel and they are gonna charge 100% penalty rate! So... no $ back!! I gaurantee you that if some of these trolls were going on the ship that they'd be angry too!! Amazing how rude and apathetic people are!

You being one of them!

Personally, I would cancel my drink package, then get it re-added the next day, so that I don't end up paying $50ish for a day that I'm barely using it...

Well the 4 day drink package w/18% gratuity is $226.56 WITH THE 20% discount ($48/day +18%)

If you cancel and buy onboard for 3 days (I am assuming you don't get the 20% discount) it will be costing you $212.40 ($60/day +18%).

So you're saving a total of only $14.16 per drink package if you bought it the day after. But if you drink even 2 beers on day 1 you've just used up that $14.16 savings.

Rethinking about checking my luggage since I don't want to really wait until WHO-KNOWS-WHEN it will arrive.

I don't fly, so before you answer by saying "the same size as airline carry-ons" or "whatever fits through the checkpoint scanner thingy" (which I have never measured so don't know what size luggage would go thru that)

can someone give me an approximate measurement of the carry on size for luggage.

I know lots of people carry their stuff on so I know someone knows.

Thanks.

OUCH, and its only a 4 day they count that monday as day 1 so basically, party in the terminal. I am on the ship, we arrive back in port on Friday Nov 4th. since I cant see any 3 days for the ship right after, I wonder what its doing between Nov 4th and the 7th?

Curious, what Terminal are you arriving at on the 4th? Freedom is scheduled at T1 since she is in town on Friday as well.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Thank you. It's my 17th cruise and I understand that things happen. But this is ridiculous. If I was on the ship I would be fine with a delayed departure. As a matter of fact I would be happy. But, not checking in until 530? It just hurts everyone. I'm sure tempers will be flaring during the check in as well. It's just not gonna be fun!! The first day, anyway. Hopefully the rest of the cruise will be relaxing.

My temper won't be flaring. :rolleyes:

How about if you join me in that more productive attitude and we can set a good example for the rest? ;)

How about if you join me in that more productive attitude and we can set a good example for the rest? ;)

We'll be making lemonade( or lemon drops) out of lemons, won't we, Carol!

My post, when does a cruise officially start, for OP sarcasm or otherwise, for the purpose of compensation. Not everyone boards at the same time. So how would you compensate, and to me, stuff happens.

Personally, for us the cruise could start at many different times, the day before, when we leave or house, and so on.

My cruise officially starts when I put my first foot on the ship. If RCCL announces that boarding starts at 11:30, every minute after that is a delay, which should be compensated.

I just reduce the amount of my auto-tips according to the amount of delay.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Rethinking about checking my luggage since I don't want to really wait until WHO-KNOWS-WHEN it will arrive.

I don't fly, so before you answer by saying "the same size as airline carry-ons" or "whatever fits through the checkpoint scanner thingy" (which I have never measured so don't know what size luggage would go thru that)

can someone give me an approximate measurement of the carry on size for luggage.

I know lots of people carry their stuff on so I know someone knows.

Thanks.

26x16x9 is about standard airline carryon...at the port you could get away with taller as long as it isn't really thick...If I remember right the opening for the scanner is about 12-14" high...

I'll give you $100.00 for your ticket. Add that to all the expenses you won't have because of the delay, (transportation to the port, transportation back home, etc, etc) you should end up money ahead. Combine that with all the mental anguish you won't be suffering, and the rest of your life should be all butterflies and rainbows.

No, this is apathetic. What you got previously was good advice. :rolleyes:

chicken-little_zps79mqngsq.jpg

You also spend weeks and weeks a year on cruises. Some of these people may spend days a year. A lot easier to be nonchalant in your case. Just sayin...