Take Suite or Not? ASAP Advice Needed!

Borrillje

Hi All!

We're taking the Coral Princess on a partial Canal transit in January. I have a corner bump out cabin on the Caribe deck right now. I joined a waitlist for a suite several weeks ago, not expecting much - and, surprise! We matched for a suite. We've been offered suite D421 on the Dolphin Deck. The extra fare is $2900.

What does anybody think? $2900 to change from a corner bump out to a mid-ship suite. Would you take it? I honestly can't decide. Any and all advice would be appreciated. I have until tomorrow night (11/2) to decide.

Help!

Thanks!

Hi All!

We're taking the Coral Princess on a partial Canal transit in January. I have a corner bump out cabin on the Caribe deck right now. I joined a waitlist for a suite several weeks ago, not expecting much - and, surprise! We matched for a suite. We've been offered suite D421 on the Dolphin Deck. The extra fare is $2900.

What does anybody think? $2900 to change from a corner bump out to a mid-ship suite. Would you take it? I honestly can't decide. Any and all advice would be appreciated. I have until tomorrow night (11/2) to decide.

Help!

Thanks!

I would normally lean towards the suite, but WOW!! That's a lot of money. You don't say how long the cruise is, maybe 10 days? If so, that's another $300 per day. I think I would have to pass on this one.

Is your current cabin a balcony or mini-suite?

Is $2900 the grand total or per person difference?

Assuming the number to be the total difference: $145 pp/pd is a heck of a lot to pay for suite privileges. Arguably within the realm of fair difference between a balcony cabin and suite--but from mini-suite to full suite even I would say pass. There was another very recent thread about an upsell from a mini to a full suite for around $85/pp/pd that I thought was worth considering but the majority of responses suggested otherwise (and the OP did reject).

Is your current cabin a balcony or mini-suite?

Is $2900 the grand total or per person difference?

Assuming the number to be the total difference: $145 pp/pd is a heck of a lot to pay for suite privileges. Arguably within the realm of fair difference between a balcony cabin and suite--but from mini-suite to full suite even I would say pass. There was another very recent thread about an upsell from a mini to a full suite for around $85/pp/pd that I thought was worth considering but the majority of responses suggested otherwise (and the OP did reject).

Hi!

That's the total price. We presently have a balcony cabin - and a good one, a bump out - and its a 10 day cruise. So, yeah, $145 pp/pd. I thought it seemed pricey too. Seems like everyone else does too!

Thanks all, for the input!

:)

Hi All!

Help!

Thanks!

In our opinion, the four midship suites on Coral and Island are the best on the ship. We had D421 on a full transit on Island last year and considered it good value. FWIW balcony on D421 is half covered.

It is a lot of money. But if you can afford it, go for it. We were in a suite in February on the Coral and it was fantastic. The price was only a couple hundred per person above the mini suite cost so we jumped on it. Whatever you decide, I'm sure you will have a fabulous time on the Coral.

Edited by azbirdmom