Diamond/Diamond Plus Bkfast & Lunch perk

Carib210

I just saw on a blog that Diamond Plus members get to eat bkfast in Chops and are served breakfast. We are Diamond and when on the Freedom, we happened by Giovanni's (I think) which was actually inside the Windjammer, and saw a sign that we could eat in there at certain bkfast & lunch times after getting our food at the buffet. Don't remember ever getting this info from the ships as a perk, other than possibly one side of dining room open to Diamond and above. Does anyone know which ships offer these perks and at what C & A levels? Last cruise Windjammer was so busy some mornings hard to get a table. Thanks!

I have never been on any ship that allowed D and D+ to get cooked to order breakfast in either Chops or Giovanni's. That perk is for suite and Pinnacle guests. Some ships do allow D+(and maybe D, probably depending on how many are on board) to get Windjammer food for breakfast and/or lunch and take the food into the specialty restaurant.

We were recently on Brilliance TA, they had cooked to order breakfast in Giovannis for D+ and in Chops for suites and Pinnacles. I think both had the same menus.

Julie

As Diamond members we've had the opportunity to take our food from the Windjammer into Chops during breakfast and lunch on the Freedom. But, they did not have food to order. On the Indy that was an option for suite guests only.

Last year on Brilliance we found out that D+ could go to Giovanni's for a

sit down breakfast, but since we never got a letter from the concierge, we

did not know about it until another pax in the CL told us about it mid cruise.

We did enjoy the breakfast in there during the rest of the cruise.

Edited by island lady

Last year on Brilliance we found out that D+ could go to Giovanni's for a

sit down breakfast, but since we never got a letter from the concierge, we

did not know about it until another pax in the CL told us about it mid cruise.

We did enjoy the breakfast in there during the rest of the cruise.

I don't understand why they offer these perks, but then neglect to notify us. We always look at our in room perks list, and have never seen it yet.

I don't understand why they offer these perks, but then neglect to notify us. We always look at our in room perks list, and have never seen it yet.

On our Brilliance cruise, the ship was missing a concierge (for the DL) so the

CL concierge was trying to take care of both lounges. He apparently forgot,

or did not have time, to send the personal letter we usually get which is

different than the perks loaded onto your sea pass letter.

We as D+ had breakfast cooked to order and were able to sit in Chops with lunch from the Buffet on previous cruises on Mariner. Last month it was gold card only as was the small dining room (off the main dining room) where previously D and D+ could eat.

The thing to take from this is that this particular perk, if available, is not consistently offered. It can depend on the ship and on the number of fellow upper level C&A members on board.

But on every sailing I have had a card in my stateroom upon boarding telling me what was available. Almost always D and D+ have had some sort of breakfast perk. Lunch not so much.

Edited by MattInFLL

We were recently on Brilliance TA, they had cooked to order breakfast in Giovannis for D+ and in Chops for suites and Pinnacles. I think both had the same menus.

Julie

On the Brilliance Med cruise preceding the TA breakfast in Chops was for Gold Cards...nothing for D+ in Giovannis. The TA cruise had many special things for everyone and was an amazing cruise.

The thing to take from this is that this particular perk, if available, is not consistently offered. It can depend on the ship and on the number of fellow upper level C&A members on board.

But on every sailing I have had a card in my stateroom upon boarding telling me what was available. Almost always D and D+ have had some sort of breakfast perk. Lunch not so much.

I wouldn't classify it as a "perk" because it's something that is unwritten and not offered on every ship or every sailing. In 2015 we spent 31 days on Radiance in Australia and breakfast in Chops wasn't offered to anyone.

Edited by suzyluvs2cruise

I just saw on a blog that Diamond Plus members get to eat bkfast in Chops and are served breakfast. We are Diamond and when on the Freedom, we happened by Giovanni's (I think) which was actually inside the Windjammer, and saw a sign that we could eat in there at certain bkfast & lunch times after getting our food at the buffet. Don't remember ever getting this info from the ships as a perk, other than possibly one side of dining room open to Diamond and above. Does anyone know which ships offer these perks and at what C & A levels? Last cruise Windjammer was so busy some mornings hard to get a table. Thanks!

D+ were blocked out of cooked to order breakfast in a specialty ages ago. (Diamonds never had the perk). currently it is Suites and Pinnacle only,. same with bringing plates in from outside for lunch.

and yes i have seen the maitre d' deny entrance.

D+ were blocked out of cooked to order breakfast in a specialty ages ago. (Diamonds never had the perk). currently it is Suites and Pinnacle only,. same with bringing plates in from outside for lunch.

We as D+, and not in a suite, were invited to Chops on our last Brilliance

cruise. And yes, they checked our sea pass card on the way...not gold. ;)

It was a nice unexpected perk.

We as D+, and not in a suite, were invited to Chops on our last Brilliance

cruise. And yes, they checked our sea pass card on the way...not gold. ;)

It was a nice unexpected perk.

Same here. In the past couple of years we have been invited as D+. As a matter of fact that is one big draw that keeps bringing us back to the BR

Edited by molly361

Same here. In the past couple of years we have been invited as D+. As a matter of fact that is one big draw that keeps bringing us back to the BR

So maybe we will see you and Dan on BR in December??? Or January???

Edited by clarea

I don't believe that's the case on Oasis class (and Anthem) under the New Royal Suite Program as there are no Gold Cards issued.:)

Oh that's right!! :eek: Thanks, my bad! :(

Silly me, but have not experienced that yet...no Oasis class for me until

January. ;)

It depends on the ship and HD. On our October 17th TA on Brilliance Giovanni's was used for D+ and any overflow D+ guests were brought to Chops.

While it's true that Pinnacles no longer get gold cards on Suite Class ship, they still get their own color. I think it was white. And it had many of the sane entry privileges as Star Class.

Also I'm not sure why some are so ardently saying "no breakfast, no way". A designated cooked to order breakfast area has been offered to me on all of my recent sailings, and they were different ships. Maybe it was not D and only D+, but it was offered.

Maybe because it varies by ship? On Majesty with no Diamond Club or specialty restaurant, they had a made or order Diamond Breakfast in the MDR.