Mini suite

Mark brown

Thanks for your quick reply it's marina deck m326

If your cabin is on the starboard side, yes, people on the Sea Walk will be able to view you on your balcony. If you're on the post side, I believe the bar obscures a view of Marina Deck balconies.

UPDATE: I checked the deck plan and see M326 is forward of the Sea Walk so its balcony may be visible.

PNG%20Sig_zps9bcbhaj9.png

Edited by -Lew-

Seems to be overlooked at a shallow angle but not straight on. It seems to be same general area as Seaview Bar and Walkway. If you study the brochure carefully you need to line up elevator shafts to get a proper assessment of angle. On brochures they do not typically display things as per an architect would on a measured drawing.

Regards John

Edited by john watson

Thanks for your quick reply it's marina deck m326

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Forums mobile app

Yes, it will be possible for someone on the seawalk looking forward to see the M326 balcony. But, I don't believe it will be very much of an issue. Very few, if any, passengers stand on the seawalk to get views. It's mostly just passing through, and then normally only once. Once you have walked through there is very little need to pass through again.

Yes, it will be possible for someone on the seawalk looking forward to see the M326 balcony. But, I don't believe it will be very much of an issue. Very few, if any, passengers stand on the seawalk to get views. It's mostly just passing through, and then normally only once. Once you have walked through there is very little need to pass through again.

I agree, I wouldn't change my cabin for this reason.

Since you have not cruised, you should know that cabins directly just below Lido Deck, Marina on the Regal and Royal, can experience noise from above. Sorry to open another can of worms, but I, personally, would not sail in a cabin that did not have cabins above and below to insulate the noise.

PNG%20Sig_zps9bcbhaj9.png

If you haven't cruised before, you're going to be spoiled. You'll have 2 TVs, one to watch from the sofa, and one from the bed. What's great is the light proof curtain you can pull so someone can sleep or read in bed without being disturbed by the other TV or lights. Plus a decent sized bathroom. Because you stand in the tub to shower, you won't be banging your elbows. Those two things are worth the price of admission! Also, for dessert, order a Volcano off the kids menu. Don't worry, they're used to adults ordering it.

Have a wonderful cruise. I hope it's the first of many.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I would say that the M326 balcony would not really be too visible. The only "vantage point" for seeing it would be from the forward center of the outboard side of the seaview bar. If someone were to look in that direction their attention would most likely be drawn elsewhere (down to the water or out away from the ship). However, if you happened to be "putting on a show" for the "lookie loos" you might attract an audience :D

Personally, I would go for the Lido deck, unless you have a need (or desire) to be center ship. Generally, it is quiet in the Lido cabins, especially forward of the elevators. (Also, L107 and 108 look to be perfect -- forward and side view balconies).

we were under the portside seawalk on Regal, great location on the ship. the balcony was partially visible from the seawalk, but the cabin interior was not.

Shouldn't be doing anything on the balcony that you wouldn't want others to see :):cool::)

Personally, I would go for the Lido deck, unless you have a need (or desire) to be center ship. Generally, it is quiet in the Lido cabins, especially forward of the elevators. (Also, L107 and 108 look to be perfect -- forward and side view balconies).

We are in L107 for our March Regal cruise and I'm really excited about the forward and side view decks. Plus, the mini suite features two rooms with a picture window on the side in addition to the sliding doors. We booked this prior to the announcement of the Club benefits. We are looking forward to the extra space and extra goodies that come with this stateroom.

Thanks guys for your help ! I haven't cruised before so it's all new to me, would it put either of you two off??? There is also a lido level mini suite, would this be better?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Forums mobile app

Were you planning on sunbathing nude? If the answer is "NO", don't worry about people on the sea walk. They'll be looking at the view, not you.

You'll also be amazed at how little time you spend on your balcony. :eek:

Were you planning on sunbathing nude? If the answer is "NO", don't worry about people on the sea walk. They'll be looking at the view, not you.

Isn't it funny how no one ever says: "I want to sit out by the pool, but will other people be able to see me?"

If one isn't concerned about being seen by others in the dining room, or by the pool, or at a bar, why would that same person be concerned about being "seen" on their balcony? You sit on the balcony looking at the view. Same as on the Promenade or by the pool. You sit out on your balcony enjoying a snack, or meal or drink, same as in a dining room or lounge. You can have a quiet, private conversation out there and achieve a reasonable amount of privacy. The way the divider screens are set up, the only people who can see a particular balcony are those with a direct line of sight to it. Usually a dozen or so cabins. It's not like 4,000 people can see you. If the fear of being seen by others is all-consuming, than a cruise ship is the wrong place to take a vacation.

Edited by JimmyVWine

Also, for dessert, order a Volcano off the kids menu. Don't worry, they're used to adults ordering it.

Have a wonderful cruise. I hope it's the first of many.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

And each time you order it it will be a little different

2015-092315%20%20My%20Pictures%20092315%20Caribbean%20Princess%20Norway%201836_zpsqoqcfffe.jpg

2015-092315%20%20My%20Pictures%20092315%20Caribbean%20Princess%20Norway%201289_zps0z2mnx2b.jpg

2015-092315%20%20My%20Pictures%20092315%20Caribbean%20Princess%20Norway%201863_zpsp7nsyh7t.jpg

And all very good

Howard

we were under the portside seawalk on Regal, great location on the ship. the balcony was partially visible from the seawalk, but the cabin interior was not.

Shouldn't be doing anything on the balcony that you wouldn't want others to see :):cool::)

What deck were you on?