Celebrity Edge's Blocks Are In The House!

Lloyd555

Those cabin are looking really great- showers may be small- but that is to be expected- at least the shower cutrains seems to be a thing of the past! The Powerbox- is a great idea- much more orderly. The new recliner looks rather nice- much better than the old sofa´s! So all in all- very vey well done those cabins! I am almost tempted...!

DH returned from his visit on Wednesday. Some of his Instagram photos have been posted already by Lloyd. Here is his full article (German, try google translate, but the photos might be the more important part anyway). Check out the 360 degree photo (and with full screen).

steamboats

DH returned from his visit on Wednesday. Some of his Instagram photos have been posted already by Lloyd. Here is his full article (German, try google translate, but the photos might be the more important part anyway). Check out the 360 degree photo (and with full screen).

Thank you steamboats. Amazing pictures - a lot more detailed and the 360s are fabulous! On this one you get a closer look at the electricals next to the bed - the bottom one has something coloured on it but still not sure if it's a socket!

steamboats

Thank you..very nice. Will try to use translate feature but pics were great!

Noticed lighted strips on the inf ver cabin mirror I did not notice before

Under the Inf Balc section..there is a picture that I can,t figure out...looks like a long hallway with bump outs..or is it inside the cabin?

Tried to attach it..

DSC08668-150x150.jpg.ac0a7033074c747bd6e468be697ad327.jpg

Edited by hcat

Under the Inf Balc section..there is a picture that I can,t figure out...looks like a long hallway with bump outs..or is it inside the cabin?

It translates as "gangway" so assume it's the hallway outside your cabin. It's got the handrails too.

DSC08668.jpg

Thanks for the larger view...seems diff from hallways on S class...big bump out...???? Hard to tell til we board!

I agree with dides. This looks like the corridor outside the cabins. The protective covers are still on the carpet and handrail. I’d guess the bump outs are from the cabin bathrooms. I haven’t seen a recent deck plan or cabin floor plan (left Nags Head hotel during mandatory evacuation earlier this week, and I’m still catching up on the various Edge threads) so please forgive me if I’ve missed this information:)

steamboats

Thanks very much to both you and your DH, steamboats. This is very helpful:) Looking at his photo of the bathroom, I notice shelving on the right side of the mirror. I still can’t see potential storage under the counter, but it appears there’s plenty of storage flanking the mirror. I’ve also just noticed the light in the shower (something I’ve requested in every Celebrity survey I’ve submitted). Ladies, now we will actually be able to see our legs when using the little foot rest for shaving lol.

Looks like the shower door opens.... vs sliding like on S Class. I like the looks of the bathroom. Sink is a bit large... but I prefer this style to vessel type sink on other ships. While the colors of the rooms are quite subtle.... I like the photos better than the original drawings. I know that the cabins are larger than most other similar grade cabins... the veranda seems a bit smaller... functional.... it might be the chairs that make it seem a bit smaller. I really like the ocean view.... I think I am going to like the IV. I am not a sun person, so I think I can enjoy the view with less risk of sun burn... but I will still use sun screen just in case I am wrong. I love the atrium... I can not wait to try the martini bar... and Eden might be a nice replacement for the Sky Lounge on departure day.... although I do regret there is no comparable space for non suite types.

I think I’ve finally caught up on all the video links and photos several of you have kindly posted. I think Patrick Jouin and Sanjit Manku have created an magical, beautiful space for us in The Grand Plaza. I love the exposed corridor, the gorgeous pendulum, the staircases, the beautiful lighting, the circular bar and the enchanting mesh screens. The Magic Carpet is even more inviting than I’d expected it would be. I hope I can score a Magic Carpet dinner reservation;p The rest of the ship also looks lovely. I look forward to reports from those who are booked on the initial cruises (vtcruising, I’m counting on you lol).

I’m at work so haven’t had time to see all the videos, but this one is cool if not posted yet. If it has, please ignore. ��

Silkroad, I hope you don’t expect me to run around this fast doing my videos! ��

Lol I had just invoked your name in a post, and you magically appeared:') No. I expect you to first promenade slowly, cocktail in hand, allowing the beauty to gently envelope you until you’re fully relaxed. Then, and only then, I expect you to run around like the video lol!

steamboats

Brilliant - thank you for posting these amazing shots :-)

PS Without seeming negative, does anyone else think that those balcony chairs look really, really uncomfortable? Imagine in a bathing costume or shorts and t shirt on them ---- eeekkkkk. We use our balcony as a 'bolt hole' on sea days to chill and relax. Can't see us relaxing on those at all ..... very strange

steamboats

Steamboats - Those are some awesome photos. Thanks for sharing.

Edit

Perhaps you can answer this. Where they only given the opportunity to view an IV cabin from all the available cabins? Thanks.

Edited by Tall-Cruiser

My guess would be that most cabins are IV. Perhaps the suites are not far enough along to share.

Thanks very possible. I can also see them wanting to show the IVs as that is a new thing and first for bigger cruise ships.

From what I have seen thus far, I'm very impressed with what they have done. For those in our group that are in an IV, when they saw the pictures they said something like, "nicest room we have ever had".

I know you had concerns about storage, hopefully you will be pleasantly surprised.