B2B guarantee

lrockwitt

Has any one done a B2B guarantee. We could not book the same cabin in a b2b. What are the chances we might get the same cabin? The cruises are in August 2018 and already sold out most of the interior cabins.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Has any one done a B2B guarantee. We could not book the same cabin in a b2b. What are the chances we might get the same cabin? The cruises are in August 2018 and already sold out most of the interior cabins.

We did a 14 day B2B in Feb. on the Regal. We did the same as you. We did get the same cabin. I think you will as well. If not the staff moves all your stuff for you. It's pretty easy.

Our b2b on the Regal gty last winter we had to switch cabins.. from forward to aft and down 2 decks. The staff moved our belongings while we left the ship for the day. Had a bit of trouble on the second leg remembering which way to go.

I know the staff will move everything and they are great. The category we want is sold out or unavailable and therefore have to wait and see. Could not book the same cabin unless we went up a category. We did not want to pay more. We will wait and see.

Edited by lrockwitt

It was a nightmare for us. I do NOT recommend a guarantee for B2B. When we got on our first cruise we had not gotten a cabin for the second cruise. I spent a lot of time at the customer service counter begging for the same cabin for the second leg. I finally got it confirmed after 4 days, but it really tarnished the fun of the first cruise not knowing if we were going to have to move. I will never ever book 2 cruises back to back guarantee. I did not have a choice because we booked so late, but I learned a valuable lesson. See if you can get a room assigned for both. Worth the extra money.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We did not find out which cabin we would have on the 2nd cruise until day 4 of first cruise. Thats when we received our new cruise cards and the info on moving day. I will admit that I kind of stressed about it, but knew we would get a cabin, just not where. I guess if you dont like uncertainty I would not book a gty.

As long as I was comfortable with the GTY category (remember they can assign you anywhere in that category or higher), I would not hesitate to do two GTY bookings on a B2B. If price is your priority, no big deal.

As others have posted, the move is easy. We travel fairly light and we put all the loose items in a suitcase (carry-on size for up to 2 weeks in Caribbean) and we carried all the clothes on the hangers and then brought back the empty hangers - or rather Stewart took care of that.

By moving ourselves, we were able to pack less and be moved and re-setup quickly. A tip - we visited Stewart for our new cabin location a day or so ahead to give him a "heads up". He was very cooperative and worked on getting the new cabin ready early for us so we could move efficiently.

Your experience may vary, but never hurts to introduce yourself and explain the situation and see what develops.

Edited by steelers36

Now this is just me so don't get mad at me. I think booking a B2B GTR is crazy.

I would hate changing cabins. I book B2B cruises all the time a year ahead of time. So I can pick the cabin I want. For you to get the same cabin on the second cruise I think you have to just be lucky.

Tony

I booked inside gty twice on Alaska B2B and both times had the same cabin for both legs. They were late bookings, about 5 weeks out. First time I was solo and they gave me E714 which is a HUGE HC cabin. Apparently it was the only inside available for both weeks. EM

First time for a B2B for us in Apr 2017 out of San Pedro. We have also taken a guarantee on both. Have taken a guarantee in the past and have always gotten upgrades sometimes from inside to balcony. So if we don't get an upgrade it's an adventure. My question is do you have to actually leave the ship if you have to move to a new cabin? Can you hang out at the Horizon Court?

First time for a B2B for us in Apr 2017 out of San Pedro. We have also taken a guarantee on both. Have taken a guarantee in the past and have always gotten upgrades sometimes from inside to balcony. So if we don't get an upgrade it's an adventure. My question is do you have to actually leave the ship if you have to move to a new cabin? Can you hang out at the Horizon Court?

At all US ports, you have to "actually" leave the ship for a B2B (whether you change cabins or not). The passenger count has to be zeroed before boarding can commence.

"In Transit" folks go to a separate waiting area on the ship and are the last to leave the ship after everyone is there. (sometimes they give up and take you off the ship and have you wait in a section of the pre-boarding area). If you don't show up announcements are made all over the ship trying to find you.

Once everyone is gathered, you will be led off the ship and with luck get right back on.

Sometimes the "in transits" are checked off by the passport people in the theater or a large lounge. Reportedly, this happens in FLL on occasion when there are a lot of B2B passengers.

We booked b2b cruises as guarantee a couple of years ago when we could not book the same cabin for both cruises. We did end up having to move cabins after the first cruise. It was a little bit of a bother but nothing really major (except for DH forgetting his car key in the safe in the first cabin--which we eventually got back). We got lucky with our cabin assignments--both of them very nice upgrades from the guarantee category--from the lowest category balcony (Cat. BF) to an accessible Cat. BB on the Baja Deck and to a Cat. B2 on the Caribe Deck.

At all US ports, you have to "actually" leave the ship for a B2B (whether you change cabins or not). The passenger count has to be zeroed before boarding can commence.

"In Transit" folks go to a separate waiting area on the ship and are the last to leave the ship after everyone is there. (sometimes they give up and take you off the ship and have you wait in a section of the pre-boarding area). If you don't show up announcements are made all over the ship trying to find you.

Once everyone is gathered, you will be led off the ship and with luck get right back on.

Sometimes the "in transits" are checked off by the passport people in the theater or a large lounge. Reportedly, this happens in FLL on occasion when there are a lot of B2B passengers.

That is NOT true. We did NOT have to leave the ship in our Feb.14 day B2B. We met in the theater & went through immigration on board. Really very simple. I have read of nightmares where some D/A pax would not show up until very late. This can mess things up for everyone else. I'd boot them off the ship for messing it up for others.

Now this is just me so don't get mad at me. I think booking a B2B GTR is crazy.

I would hate changing cabins. I book B2B cruises all the time a year ahead of time. So I can pick the cabin I want. For you to get the same cabin on the second cruise I think you have to just be lucky.

Tony

Agree with Tony!

No way we would take the chance of not getting the same cabin for both.

Also, we like booking the cabin location we want.

LuLu

Edited by OCruisers

That is NOT true. We did NOT have to leave the ship in our Feb.14 day B2B. We met in the theater & went through immigration on board. Really very simple. I have read of nightmares where some D/A pax would not show up until very late. This can mess things up for everyone else. I'd boot them off the ship for messing it up for others.
That's what he said. Sometimes they bring the Immigration folks on the ship to clear the in-transit passengers. Either way, all the in-transit passengers have to be processed by Immigration before the new passengers start boarding.

• 8 months later...
Anyone done B2B in San Francisco? what happens there?

Same as every other US port. You'll EITHER be instructed to get off the ship and wait in the pre-boarding area until all passengers have disembarked OR instructed to go to the theater to wait until all passengers have disembarked.

Either way, they want the ship "zeroed" and everyone's passports checked.

We've done B2Bs in separate cabins several times. For us, it's not the end of the world, and we generally move ourselves. In fact, we'll be doing just that next month out of necessity. We simply tell our current steward we'll be late leaving our current cabin and tell the new steward we're doing B2B so he/she has the new cabin ready ASAP. If the prior occupants vacate by 8am, we can be moved by 9 or 9:30am. Unpacking may or may not be done right away if we decide to go sightseeing, but it's really not that difficult. In a perfect world there would be no cabin change required but it doesn't preclude us from booking the cruises.

Same as every other US port. You'll EITHER be instructed to get off the ship and wait in the pre-boarding area until all passengers have disembarked OR instructed to go to the theater to wait until all passengers have disembarked.

Either way, they want the ship "zeroed" and everyone's passports checked.

Thank you, was wondered if anyone has done it recently, too.