I will never, ever again eat_____________onboard

cowboygene

Apple pie from O'Sheehan's. Whatever they use as thickener was just downright gummy, and the apples were hard. YUCK!

Couldn't find good apple pie anywhere even on Thanksgiving! Same with the apple crisp/bake thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

This is hard to answer because NCL has improved the quality of food so much!

I'm going to vote for the desserts. I just don't find NCL's desserts appealing. Perhaps the desserts are marketed more for a European customer who doesn't like sweet flavors to the extent we do.

I'm currently having a moment of silence for the old mussels.

Some of this stuff I thought most folks did not notice but I did.

Also there was only a few deserts I could stomach all the cakes are bad. Like the Oreo cheesecake that's gone. I just skip the deserts now what a shame. But they have not changed it???

I'll be the 4th or 5th to say Moderno.

Once is enough there to have the experience. I'm a grazer. I like a lot of small meals and snacks. I was barely able to take a bite of each meat they offered and didn't touch the sides.

Definitely rather have another Cagney's or Le Bistro meal than blow a SD night on Moderno again.

Desserts. I haven't been on a cruise line yet where I haven't been disappointed with the desserts. Too much fluff, not enough high quality ingredients. They're just bad to me.

I will say something about Modernos - I'm a vegetarian but still pay the surcharge to eat there for the salad bar. I wish they had those offerings on the regular buffet. I just tell them I don't want any meat and really enjoy the salad offerings.

This is hard to answer because NCL has improved the quality of food so much!

Really?

I think across the board the new menus are worst that the old ones.

Both the mussels and the lamb in Le Bristro are case in point.

Lois

I agree with this! It was my favorite thing before they changed it.

Also, I will never again eat capers. They use ginormous, poor quality capers and they are awful. I'm a caper fanatic, and the ones on NCL ships shouldn't be consumed by humans.

I've never given capers a second thought -- time to upgrade my caper game!

I had one meal in the MDR that I really didn't like (flounder), but other than that everything has been somewhere between not bad to really delish. Overall, the vast majority of meals I've had on any NCL ship were good.

I will never eat in Moderno again. The meats they serve are way too salty.

Tracy

First off Tracy, I hope things are going well for you. I enjoyed meeting and speaking with you on our August cruise. And the couple of meals we ate together.

I like the concept of Moderno, but as you state, everything is just too salty. Some people may like salt, but it detracts from the overall taste for me.

Rusty/Baryton

:cool:

Desserts. I haven't been on a cruise line yet where I haven't been disappointed with the desserts. Too much fluff, not enough high quality ingredients. They're just bad to me.

I will say something about Modernos - I'm a vegetarian but still pay the surcharge to eat there for the salad bar. I wish they had those offerings on the regular buffet. I just tell them I don't want any meat and really enjoy the salad offerings.

do you still have to pay the full price though your not eating any of the meat?

The quick grill stuff from the Buffet hamburgers, hot dogs and chicken stips.

I will not eat these things again.

Seeing people grabbing this stuff by the pool and the way they cook this stuff on the fly I will not eat it again.

My son got a half raw burger here got real sick, I see why now. I just eat some were else the regular buffet is good and when they pull out the bbq grills are good.

We all like the burgers and dogs in Oshehans.

are you saying your son got sick from eating a 1/2 cooked burger? I am surprised cause if anything my complaint would be the meat is overcooked. If I bit into a burger that wasn't cooked I would finish it and 1 or 2 bites would not likely make a person sick.

I can't even believe they serve mice. Yuck.

I was so disppointed. Heck, I buy small cans of Salmon on sale once in awhile, I will use them on Sunday morning mixed with cream cheese and on top of bagels. We say it is pretend Lox: certainly not good but better than what the serve on the buffet..

I REALLY didn't like the pizza on Getaway. Maybe it's better on other ships. And I agree, I wouldn't bother wasting calories and trying some of the desserts.

agree: I will get Creme Burlee once in awhile. And the pizza, not worth the bother. I would just as soon eat frozen pizza at home.

I think this board shows how subjective food can be: Someone says they can not stomach the cakes for instance; I would think that is going a bit overboard, but everyone has their likes and dislikes: some people are saying Modernos, yet it is one restaurant many put at the top of their list. In fact the salad bar is a favorite of many on these boards. I know a lot of passengers think Le Cucina is awful. We used to but on our Epic cruise 2 months ago we loved it. In the past not so, still never thought it was awful.

Life is interesting.

Edited by newmexicoNita