International Café?

minniegidget

New to Princess, Can someone please tell me if the International Café is always open 24 hours a day. What kind of food can you find there. Also Ice Cream can I find it for free 24 hours a day? Also I am not a coffee or tea drinker. What other drinks will I find for free. Looking forward to my 1st Princess cruise by the end of the year

Yes it's open 24hrs.

In the morning have donuts, pastry's, breakfast

sandwich.

Afternoon's about 4 salads, 1 soup, sandwiches

at least 6. All kinds of desserts. Goes all evening

but if early morning (1 am till 5am or so) there's

food but less of it.

Ice Cream is free from about 11am to 11 pm.

Soft serve. On the Lido deck.

In buffet free juice in the morning.

During the day and evening free tea, coffee, ice tea

and milk.

Water is free.

The IC is open 24/7. Desserts are same or similar to what's in the buffet. The pot pies are usually very good. Some like the morning donuts.

Ice cream has limited hours on the Lido.

Yes the IC is open 24 hours. Late at night there is still a selection of sandwiches and salads, a cheese/crackers/fruit plate, and desserts and pastries. Wider selection during the day includes slices of quiche/fritatas and grilled paninis; in the morning there are breakfast breads (but unfortunately nothing to spread on them) and a ham/egg/cheese muffin sandwich.

Soft serve ice cream is available at no charge from the stand on the Lido deck from 11 AM to 10 or 11 PM every day.

On Crown, Emerald and Ruby Princess there is Gelato at the IC for a small charge ($1.50 I believe) but not sure it is available 24/7.

On Royal and Regal Princess there is a separate Gelato stand in the Piazza which also makes sundaes and crepes, priced accordingly. Open from 11 AM-"onward" (per the dining options document).

Note that other than the five newest Princess ships mentioned above the IC is a bit smaller as it was installed in refits a few years after those ships were originally launched.

Some love the Cronuts in IC. I was a bit underwhelmed but tastes differ. I have also seen beignet available. It was OK but I'm guessing (someday will find out for myself) that it's probably better at Cafe du Monde in New Orleans. ;) The breakfast sandwich is similar to what you get at a fast food place.

IC can be a great place to snag a snack no matter what time of day. The snazzy coffee is located there as well so it's a great combination.

The IC is one of the things that in my mind gives Princess a nod over some of the other comparable cruise lines. The quality of the offerings especially the lunch salads, sandwiches and desserts is very good.

One thing I really wish they would offer is fresh cut fruit. So easy to have cups filled with cut fruit like they do with the yogurt parfaits.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

For breakfast you can also get yogurt/granola/fresh fruit parfaits at the IC. We love the IC for it's fresh and delicious choices and agree that it does set Princess apart from other cruise lines.

Suggestion for drinks at lunch and dinner if you do not like lemonade, tea or coffee-- is to bring the little flavored drink packets to add to a glass of water.

Are regular coffee, hot & cold tea, lemonade & water free at IC or are your only options the for-purchase specialty drinks?

The only place to get free lemonade is in the Horizon Court or poolside during the day. Ice tea only at the HC and in the MDRs.

Pretty much the only free beverage at the IC would be a glass of water. But on my last two cruises (Ruby and Emerald) during the overnight hours when the HC is closed there are urns of coffee, decaf and hot water for tea set out at the IC.

Even if one thinks they are not hungry, just walking and glancing at the beautiful desserts will have one changing their mind about "not being hungry."

Always can find something tasty at the IC and if eyes feed the stomach try two desserts.

minniegidget, Welcome to Princess Cruise Line. :)

Funny! I find the desserts "Store bought" quality. Donuts and sau, chz on a muffin were good, beignets were bland but fresh. I don't think they are supposed to be that strong anyway. Coffee is right next to it with all the specialtys and teas you can get for an extra charge.

New to Princess, Can someone please tell me if the International Café is always open 24 hours a day. What kind of food can you find there. Also Ice Cream can I find it for free 24 hours a day? Also I am not a coffee or tea drinker. What other drinks will I find for free. Looking forward to my 1st Princess cruise by the end of the year

What ship?