Majesty of The Seas - Faulty Life Jackets, Stuck in Port

Lurch104

I don't disagree with you. I just haven't seen any reporting other than social media that was specific with the failure. The above post said rotting jackets on deck, not service life. Nice to have specific facts. Every news paper article or TV news source that we have watched only said issues with Life Jackets. Don't think Social Media is a perfect source for credible information. Not sure any "NEWS" channel is anymore, mostly their opinion and commentary, not fact reporting.

I wouldn't take the post referring about rotting life jackets too seriously. Look at their history, the last cruise on a Royal ship was in 2005 and their comments are definitely anti Royal. Seems as if they have an axe to grind.

I wouldn't take the post referring about rotting life jackets too seriously. Look at their history, the last cruise on a Royal ship was in 2005 and their comments are definitely anti Royal. Seems as if they have an axe to grind.

Actually, it is hard to take anything on social media or the news media for that matter seriously, any channel.

I heard from the Taxi driver who brought the Captain to the ship that Royal was adding D++ and moving PC points doubled and not grand fathering anyone in.... FAKE NEWS

I saw a YouTube video of John running around and checking all the life jackets and it caught me checking all the bars for Blue Moon......

FAKE NEWS :D

So, do you have any conspiracy theory on why she is still docked at T1. :rolleyes:

It is still there, saw it this morning driving back from Merritt Island. Had to drop Bell off at the groomers.

So - was it that there weren't enough life vests or that the ones on board were faulty? (Or do we even know?)

Not that it matters - it needs to be fixed. Just wondering.

Reported that there was dry rot and fraying of the life vests. Also other not described issues. Maintenance has been working in the aft nightclub all night. Not sure what system run through there. Also, CG was poking around there yesterday with the crew.

Actually, it is hard to take anything on social media or the news media for that matter seriously, any channel.

I heard from the Taxi driver who brought the Captain to the ship that Royal was adding D++ and moving PC points doubled and not grand fathering anyone in.... FAKE NEWS

Well, I am currently onboard and reporting what I see with ny own eyes and what the captain has announced. Fake news indeed. I have not read one incorrect news story.

Royal Caribbean Tweeted "We passed our previous inspection but the U.S. Coast guard would like for us to change the jackets immediately."

They wouldn't have been told to change the life jackets out immediately and kept in port if there wasn't a significant issue with them. Again, something RCCL had complete control over and chose to ignore in order to boost profits. You're right, I haven't cruised them in over 10 years. Why would I? They delivered a sub-par product.

Oh she most definitely has an axe to grind for sure. She has been like a broken record around here since 2008 just that I know of. But she keeps on coming back around :eek::D

I just t want to know how they got the replacements so quickly. I mean, the Coast Guard fails the ship in the afternoon and they are loading new life jackets by 4 am. WOW! Those Amazon drones must have really been working overtime! :eek:

Or did Royal cannibalize another ship? Troykahack, you must have a conspiracy theory about that.;) How about you, ducklite? :)

I just t want to know how they got the replacements so quickly. I mean, the Coast Guard fails the ship in the afternoon and they are loading new life jackets by 4 am. WOW! Those Amazon drones must have really been working overtime! :eek:

Or did Royal cannibalize another ship? Troykahack, you must have a conspiracy theory about that.;) How about you, ducklite? :)

Southern Florida is a hub for maritime supply vendors. Those lifejackets, even if they needed thousands of them, were in stock in warehouses in Miami or FLL. Chandlers don't stock 5 or 10 of these things, they know that when a ship needs lifejackets, it would be a minimum of 50 for a cargo ship, and thousands for the cruise ships that regularly call there.

I have my suspicions that the USCG found some "non-approved" jackets as well as some worn or out of date ones. There has been recently some USCG notices regarding "counterfeit" lifejackets that have been supplied to many shipping companies, by many reputable vendors, and it requires close inspection to note the counterfeits. Many of these have been found with fake USCG approval stamps.

Southern Florida is a hub for maritime supply vendors. Those lifejackets, even if they needed thousands of them, were in stock in warehouses in Miami or FLL. Chandlers don't stock 5 or 10 of these things, they know that when a ship needs lifejackets, it would be a minimum of 50 for a cargo ship, and thousands for the cruise ships that regularly call there.

I have my suspicions that the USCG found some "non-approved" jackets as well as some worn or out of date ones. There has been recently some USCG notices regarding "counterfeit" lifejackets that have been supplied to many shipping companies, by many reputable vendors, and it requires close inspection to note the counterfeits. Many of these have been found with fake USCG approval stamps.

:eek: :eek: :eek:

There is a dumpster under my balcony full of life jackets. I would post photos, but don't have a photo sharing account.

I have to say the crew has been awesome in what must be an extremely difficult situation for them. Stepping up the activities and music.

Guest relations is swamped with people disembarking. I am staying onboard. I am in a suite and these double (now discounted by 50%) C&A points finally get me to Diamond.

My wife and I agree, this cruise is now much more memorable then a trip to Nassau. :-)

Thanks for the information but I really don't give a rat's behind where the things came from. It was just a premise for a joke. :D:):D

So, do you have any conspiracy theory on why she is still docked at T1. :rolleyes:

It is still there, saw it this morning driving back from Merritt Island. Had to drop Bell off at the groomers.

I figured they were waiting for their shipment of Blue Moon to arrive.....

There is a dumpster under my balcony full of life jackets. I would post photos, but don't have a photo sharing account.

I have to say the crew has been awesome in what must be an extremely difficult situation for them. Stepping up the activities and music.

Guest relations is swamped with people disembarking. I am staying onboard. I am in a suite and these double (now discounted by 50%) C&A points finally get me to Diamond.

My wife and I agree, this cruise is now much more memorable then a trip to Nassau. :-)

Congratulation on Diamond and good for you! A vacation in a suite is a pretty sweet thing! Make some nice lemonade out of a lemon!:) Thanks for letting us know what's happening. Inquiring minds want to know!;)

Thread says "PAGE 1 of 4." Why is it that I can NOT get to page 3 or page 4? No matter where/what I select - next page arrow, last page, page 3, it reverts to page 1 post 1. This is so annoying.

The Go To Page button works fine for me. Looking at it on my laptop now.

This is a top-down problem caused by corporate greed and cost-cutting which is now proven to affect SOLAS with Royal Caribbean. I'd bet a weeks pay that this is not an isolated situation with only this one ship in the fleet. Would you really sail with a cruise line that chooses profits over your life?

While I agree to some extent, the Captain has to take responsibility for this. It's his/her ship and has to elevate quickly to corporate if he sees anything that is unsafe. If he didn't see the lifejackets being a problem....well then I'd have concerns about how the captains are running their ships.

I always enjoy your posts and again find them very informational. So, not only fake news, now we have fake life jackets..... what is next?

bmccall at insight dot rr dot com if you want me to post them.

Good for you! Have a great time! :) :) :)