Cabin Recategorization Coming

"Why was the decision made to remove the term “family” from the higher occupancy staterooms?

High occupancy staterooms are not only appealing to family travelers, but also other groups of individuals that may be misled

by the “family” label. As not to polarize or mislead, the term “family” has been removed from such categories and has been

replaced with descriptors such as “spacious” and “ultra spacious”."

I'm calling bunkum.

That also implies they're now available for booking to all as well - which would mean pricing changes from per person to per cabin.

$$$

Did you see there were 2 categories for Junior suites now as well.

I can see a lot of the premium cabin prices increasing.

Yes, and it looks like there will be a lot of newly classified premium cabins in various categories. Plus, with all the additional categories, I would also venture a guess that price drops in any particular category will be harder to come by after the recategorization.

~ Judy

Yes, and it looks like there will be a lot of newly classified premium cabins in various categories. Plus, with all the additional categories, I would also venture a guess that price drops in any particular category will be harder to come by after the recategorization.

~ Judy

....or change a guarantee assignment.

These kind of improvement preview announcements almost always tend to not be improvements except for the bottom line.

This is exactly it. We noticed it years ago on Carnival - Much harder to get price drops... and it becomes even more critical to book early to get lower priced "categories", which will be first to go for us budget cruisers.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks Panjabi.

Wouldn't that leave 4 Star suites on Harmony and 5 on Oasis and Allure? Still probably 2 Genies.

Dear OurUsualBeach,

Yes, you are correct. My mistake. There will be 5 Star class suites on Oasis and Allure: 1 Royal Loft Suite, 1 Owner's Panoramic Suite, I Grand Panoramic Suite and 2 Star Loft Suites. For the Harmony, the 2 Panoramic are replaced by one Villa Suite. So the Harmony has 4 Star Class Suites

It comes to mind that the Aquatheatre Suites may have been dropped solely due to the distance. It may not have been efficient having the Genies run to the ends of the ship in two parallel directions. Possibly, a lot of the Genie time was lost in just covering that ground back and forth

I notice that all the Genie Suites are now well contained within the 17th floor restricted area, outside of the Villa on the Harmony

Warm Regards,

Panjabi

It's actually perfect timing since the changes aren't going into effect until May 2018 so it won't affect any current reservations.

im glad they wont be giving me a surcharge for my december angled balcony!

That also implies they're now available for booking to all as well - which would mean pricing changes from per person to per cabin.

NCL does per cabin rates so i was used to that. if they are priced fairly its not a bad thing. this way you can split the cabin X ways. this helped me get a 577 rate for sharing with 3 others last year for a balcony.

They aren't using J2 yet, that could be the aft or hump JS's in the future. Also no 1A's outside of Oasis class. Those could be the Aft balconies as well on the smaller ships.

And why are the Family Panoramic's up on 12 listed in the Suite matrix? Will they be getting the dbl points like a JS?

It's actually perfect timing since the changes aren't going into effect until May 2018 so it won't affect any current reservations.

You are more optimistic than me. RCI IT seems to have problems making even one change at a time let alone fleetwide recategorization and new deployments at the same time.

I can see a new sub category for oversized balconies

That was one thought, my other thought was to slow down people from changing cabins so much by creating so many different types and if you even ask about changing you lose all OBC and what ever rate you had locked in.

How did you manage this feat? Would love to upgrade to a OS next month :-)

Also happened to us. Checking prices one day found an Owners Suite on the Oasis in March for $3055 for the 2 of us.

Price included our Diamond Plus discount. Total with insurance is $3263.

I thought the Ultra Spacious OV with balcony on the OA class was a JS but now I see that there are 2 classes of JS so I wonder what that is??

It appears there will actually be three classes of Junior Suites on Oasis and Quantum class ships. J1 (large balcony), J3 and J4. As John had mentioned a little bit ago, they have not used the J2 designation at this point, so leaves them even further room for division.

Dan.

It appears there will actually be three classes of Junior Suites on Oasis and Quantum class ships. J1 (large balcony), J3 and J4. As John had mentioned a little bit ago, they have not used the J2 designation at this point, so leaves them even further room for division.

Dan.

So far there is only J1 on the Quantum class. Probably the one with the big angled balcony that combines with three others.

You can kind of chase them down by looking at the number per ship on the matrix

So far there is only J1 on the Quantum class. Probably the one with the big angled balcony that combines with three others.

You can kind of chase them down by looking at the number per ship on the matrix

Yep, you are correct. I looked at the chart too quickly. Guess that leaves them J1 and J2 to play with on the other class of ships!! ;p

Dan.

So my question is how can they show 2 different categories of GS's for Freedom and Voyager class? GT(2 bed) with 4 available and GS(1 bed) with 22 available, on both class of ships. There are only 22 GS's total on each class .From what I can tell 4 of those connect to a balcony room, so they consider the connecting GS(GT) as a 2 bedroom. Does that mean for those of us that book a GS and there are only connecting available we pay a higher fare?

So my question is how can they show 2 different categories of GS's for Freedom and Voyager class? GT(2 bed) with 4 available and GS(1 bed) with 22 available, on both class of ships. There are only 22 GS's total on each class .From what I can tell 4 of those connect to a balcony room, so they consider the connecting GS(GT) as a 2 bedroom. Does that mean for those of us that book a GS and there are only connecting available we pay a higher fare?

The two bedroom GS is the old RFS.