Which Edge Suite Should I Choose?

gskimmel

I booked an S1 Aft facing and Celebrity said they weren't wrap around like the S class aft facing S1. These were the celebrity sales reps. Take it with a grain of salt. They also said that the Aft facing rooms aren't exposed from above. I'm not sure I believe that because all of the SV rooms are Aft facing. Why would you want an SV if you weren't getting ☀️

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I also booked an S1 aft corner balcony, which is our favourite location on any ship. We love the S class wrap around balconies. I was told that the Edge balconies are not wrap around, and from the deck plan, this appears to be true. I would love to know what is on the outside of that cabin. I can't figure it out. Hopefully not a solid wall.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I think we will stick with the aft S1 (they are going fast and the price is up $200 pp already) - hopefully, if the balcony is really 163 sq ft, it will be a nice balcony and will have a chance of getting some sun. The renderings seem to show overhangs over the midship S1's, but who knows what it will really look like. Worst case scenario, we will have our lovely view of the wake in a quiet area of the ship - I think we will be happy!

I'm right there with ya!! I love the aft facing rooms with the lovely sound of the wake!

i know EVERYTHING is speculation right now, but I just noticed this rendering on the UK website for a sky suite. in this one it shows the bed facing the windows, but in others it is not. I wonder what the actual layout would be? because this would be nice.

edge-class-suite-sky-suite-378x220.jpg?width=378&height=220&ext=.jpg

My TA Emails me something on the SKY SUITES. There are 3 different configurations, S1 S2 and S3. This rendering is the S2 with bed facing out. S1 have larger verandas, and S2 have a wider foyer entry hallway.

My TA Emails me something on the SKY SUITES. There are 3 different configurations, S1 S2 and S3. This rendering is the S2 with bed facing out. S1 have larger verandas, and S2 have a wider foyer entry hallway.

I wish I would have know that yesterday. Might have been willing to pay $200 more pp for that.. Now, a S2 stateroom is $600 more pp than what I paid for a S3!!! not worth it

I wish I would have know that yesterday. Might have been willing to pay $200 more pp for that.. Now, a S2 stateroom is $600 more pp than what I paid for a S3!!! not worth it

The S3's if I read the deck plans right, are all in front of the Magic Carpet, so that will go by at times (though not park in front of). But that I guess is why the S3 are the least expensive.

ALSO MY PRIOR POST, the S3 have bed facing out, not S2. I just can't get the image to post :-(

The S3's if I read the deck plans right, are all in front of the Magic Carpet, so that will go by at times (though not park in front of). But that I guess is why the S3 are the least expensive.

ALSO MY PRIOR POST, the S3 have bed facing out, not S2. I just can't get the image to post :-(

I would also think you'd get some noise from it when it's on the different decks either above or below you. Not a great spot for suites IMO.

I sure hope that Celebrity will share more information; I have an S1 corner aft and want a window on the side; otherwise it could be a little dark with that large of a balcony....

I love the side window in the S1 aft corner suites on the S class ships. Sadly, from what I can see, the Edge will not have them. There appears to be a solid wall on the side. Hopefully, the balconies will be partly uncovered. Otherwise, I agree, the cabins might be dark.

I have one booked, so will see.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I think I'll pass until the reviews are in. From the drawings the cabins look very average to me, and the possibility of ship riders still working on the finishing touches does not interest me at all. But for you more adventurous folks, I wish you all a wonderful cruise. Give us a good run down when you return. I'll be in my usual suite on a Solstice class. Better the devil I know...

I sure hope that Celebrity will share more information; I have an S1 corner aft and want a window on the side; otherwise it could be a little dark with that large of a balcony....

The floor plans I have, no window :-(

We went with an S1. Would have loved CS but $1,000 more and I'm excited to just see the ship!!!

What is what I ultimately decided, too. The CS would have been nice but it was a $2000 difference for me.

This link, check the deck plans. There seems to be a relatively large structural wall space next to where the cabin is so no window makes sense.

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/EDGE/17055722_CEL_Deck_Plans.pdf

I still think Celebrity needs something special and not just a wall: is it too late???:cool: Maybe it is for the spider and storage...come on Celebrity, share some more with us, as it is a long walk to Luminae and other venues!

I would also think you'd get some noise from it when it's on the different decks either above or below you. Not a great spot for suites IMO.

It's an excellent place for X from a marketing point of view. Those cabins will go because pax will want to say they are in a suite and gain access to all the suite areas. If they had placed regular balconies there, they would have been far less desirable. X are selling the suite concept (the lifestyle) - why worry if the cabins are not in great locations when most will be purchasing for the extras that come with the cabin ;).

It's an excellent place for X from a marketing point of view. Those cabins will go because pax will want to say they are in a suite and gain access to all the suite areas. If they had placed regular balconies there, they would have been far less desirable. X are selling the suite concept (the lifestyle) - why worry if the cabins are not in great locations when most will be purchasing for the extras that come with the cabin ;).

We upgraded to a suite last summer in the Med because prices were so soft -- and were completely spoiled by the Celebrity Suite Class experience. So now when I look at Celebrity offerings, I only look at the suites. Not so much for the room [although a Celebrity Suite on M-class is to die for!], but for Luminae, Michael's and the Best package which work together to make a real luxury experience. So I just booked a B2B on Edge in an S3 on Deck 12. The Magic Carpet will not be moving past my balcony all day long [that's not how it works], but it I realize it may completely block the sun when it is on Deck 14 -- no problem: I'll be in Luminae or the Retreat.

On the CS drawing the balcony is on the bottom, the sun room is on the top. If you demand fresh air on your balcony, the 51sf figure is accurate. But the entire suite will have lots of sunlight and ocean views.

Jazz - do you think the sun room on the CS is enclosed as a real sun room or is it perhaps an infinite veranda with the adjoining area being a traditional veranda of 51 ft2? The design picture appears to be an enclosed sun room.

Jazz - do you think the sun room on the CS is enclosed as a real sun room or is it perhaps an infinite veranda with the adjoining area being a traditional veranda of 51 ft2? The design picture appears to be an enclosed sun room.

I don't recall seeing Celebrity say one way or the other, but people have been saying that none of the suites have infinite verandas.

I don't recall seeing Celebrity say one way or the other, but people have been saying that none of the suites have infinite verandas.

This has been stated (I'm not brave enough to use the word 'confirmed') by Celebrity on their UK Facebook page when asked. So I suspect it's true. During the live video I did note that there was no mention of infinity balconies featuring on suites also.

Then again with Celebrity we all know that things change, so before the final build who knows.

One of the descriptions from X states that the CS "offers a loggia". There is no infinite verandah. Your observation is correct. The design photo shows an enclosed "sun room" adjacent to an open verandah.

One of the descriptions from X states that the CS "offers a loggia". There is no infinite verandah. Your observation is correct. The design photo shows an enclosed "sun room" adjacent to an open verandah.

Thanks - I admit that I had to look up the definition of loggia!