Edge Sky Suites - What's the Scoop?

vtcruising

2 minutes ago, C-Dragons said:

Hi Marilyn,

This is view of the banner we hung on the verandah of 11268 for our sailing. 😁 We really enjoyed this suite!

So cool!!! We are official members of the 11268 Club. Katie’s turn is coming up soon! 😀

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Going by the latest pictures of an S3 with an adjoining IV next door, it appears that the "connection" is through a shared hallway, rather than a door through a common wall (which is how the deck plans depict it). Does this mean it will take two doors to enter either cabin, first door at the main hallway and then the second door through the shared hallway, into either the suite or the IV?

Since my wife may be using a scooter to help her get around, the two-door arrangement is less than idea. Can anyone confirm what the actual arrangement is?

Thanks.

2 minutes ago, Travelfor2 said:

Going by the latest pictures of an S3 with an adjoining IV next door, it appears that the "connection" is through a shared hallway, rather than a door through a common wall (which is how the deck plans depict it). Does this mean it will take two doors to enter either cabin, first door at the main hallway and then the second door through the shared hallway, into either the suite or the IV?

Since my wife may be using a scooter to help her get around, the two-door arrangement is less than idea. Can anyone confirm what the actual arrangement is?

Thanks.

Mea culpa. I just looked at the video again and it is of an S3 with a "connecting" inside cabin, not an IV.

We are booked in an S3 on the edge of the MC railing (10162), with an IV next door that is shown on the deck plans as connecting through a shared wall. Does anyone know a) if there is a connection through the shared wall, or b) if there is a shared hallway, or c) there is no connection at all.

Much appreciate any insights.

1 hour ago, Travelfor2 said:

Mea culpa. I just looked at the video again and it is of an S3 with a "connecting" inside cabin, not an IV.

We are booked in an S3 on the edge of the MC railing (10162), with an IV next door that is shown on the deck plans as connecting through a shared wall. Does anyone know a) if there is a connection through the shared wall, or b) if there is a shared hallway, or c) there is no connection at all.

Much appreciate any insights.

Your suite is connected to 10160, a concierge cabin. It appears to be connected through a shared wall, likely on the left as you enter the suite. Since the bed will be on the right wall and the couch near the balcony on the left, I presume the door will be on the left soon after you enter.

I've seen one of the middle S3's, with connecting insides and the double doorways (actually, the one from the video above). I will see 10162 in 3 weeks on our cabin crawl. I will be happy to post some pictures (unless you are going sooner 🙂) and will ask the person on our roll call who will be staying in that suite if there are any noise issues, etc. I'll try to get a picture of your view as well. 🙂

Edited by vtcruising

Unless the deck plans are wildly inaccurate, there is no way the S3/IV connection can be via the hallway: the entrance to the IV is on the hall; the S3 is on a bump-out, so it ends well short of the end of the IV.  The connecting door must be in the S3 entrance way and lead to the mid-point of the IV wall.

25 minutes ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

Unless the deck plans are wildly inaccurate, there is no way the S3/IV connection can be via the hallway: the entrance to the IV is on the hall; the S3 is on a bump-out, so it ends well short of the end of the IV.  The connecting door must be in the S3 entrance way and lead to the mid-point of the IV wall.

Yes, that is what I was saying. Sorry if it wasn't clear. 🙂

1 hour ago, vtcruising said:

Your suite is connected to 10160, a concierge cabin. It appears to be connected through a shared wall, likely on the left as you enter the suite. Since the bed will be on the right wall and the couch near the balcony on the left, I presume the door will be on the left soon after you enter.

I've seen one of the middle S3's, with connecting insides and the double doorways (actually, the one from the video above). I will see 10162 in 3 weeks on our cabin crawl. I will be happy to post some pictures (unless you are going sooner 🙂) and will ask the person on our roll call who will be staying in that suite if there are any noise issues, etc. I'll try to get a picture of your view as well. 🙂

Thanks very much for your help. I would love to see pictures of 10162 and hear about any observations from the person on your roll call. We board in April, so your timing is great.

1 minute ago, Travelfor2 said:

Thanks very much for your help. I would love to see pictures of 10162 and hear about any observations from the person on your roll call. We board in April, so your timing is great.

I will add it to my list of "must do's." 🙂

1 hour ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

I hope you are right. If the connecting door is in the S3 entry hall, then my wife's scooter will only have to pass through one door to enter 10162. We're very fortunate that vtcruising will be able to check it out in three weeks. We're also sharing it on our cabin crawl in April. I think lots of folks want to see the effect of the MC on the balcony.

1 hour ago, Travelfor2 said:

I hope you are right. If the connecting door is in the S3 entry hall, then my wife's scooter will only have to pass through one door to enter 10162. We're very fortunate that vtcruising will be able to check it out in three weeks. We're also sharing it on our cabin crawl in April. I think lots of folks want to see the effect of the MC on the balcony.

Host Jazzbeau will be on the same cruise showing his suite as well. 🙂

The S3 that I saw onboard had pretty nice views, but it was a middle one (11268 with the MC on 14 at the time). This is what I saw:

image.thumb.png.ccb727a22ef330306d34b92edf587bd3.png

image.thumb.png.5a3bf5a75b1d34c34b7f1d00ea29cf0a.png

image.thumb.png.47b6e9c36ab3df4db5943fdcb1ef159a.png

MC rails to the right

image.thumb.png.4f3377eb9f94daacfd055bf32d6f1837.png

MC rails to the left

image.thumb.png.876b591a79e51ac5e495c06f9d389c33.png

image.thumb.png.d7c7683900c5f24ba077d457e1841ef6.png

image.thumb.png.52cf6b2175ea5fadbc1c827da024ea91.png

Looks pretty sweet:

image.thumb.png.a6cb4683acd810a60eb7c0fa7129e6fb.png

This was the alcove for the connecting S3 and inside:

image.thumb.png.f4fd1caa643b08875295c3d750cf4150.png

1 hour ago, vtcruising said:

Host Jazzbeau will be on the same cruise showing his suite as well. 🙂

The S3 that I saw onboard had pretty nice views, but it was a middle one (11268 with the MC on 14 at the time). This is what I saw:

image.thumb.png.ccb727a22ef330306d34b92edf587bd3.png

11268..? (aft S1) 

Maybe a different number for this S3? 😊

It's been a long day. 😉

Edited by C-Dragons

55 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

So funny - you know I have 11268 on my mind, this one is 11168. Thanks!! :classic_blush:

Wow – I moved down from a deck 12 S3 to deck 11 to avoid seeing those upside down shark fins, but even on Deck 11 they are practically in your face :classic_ohmy:

2 minutes ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

Wow – I moved down from a deck 12 S3 to deck 11 to avoid seeing those upside down shark fins, but even on Deck 11 they are practically in your face :classic_ohmy:

Only when it is on 14 - the MC lives on 5 quite a bit of the time. 🙂

On 12/30/2018 at 9:12 AM, jsea said:

We visited a friend’s “corner” S3 which was adjacent to an IV. You are correct. It is a common hallway with a door and then within that hallway are two separate doors to each cabin. 

Thanks for letting me know. Will make the scooter maneuvers a bit more complicated, but not a deal breaker.