Edge Sky Suites - What's the Scoop?

vtcruising

1 minute ago, vtcruising said:

I don’t know if he was in the know - he may have been postulating, but I do know I wasn’t the only one to say something. He was taking notes and said he was going to check into it since he had heard this from more than one person (and the paying cruisers haven’t even boarded yet!). He has my card and said he would get back to me. We will see. 

There were many videos posted of the mock ups at the Edge reveal in Miami that showed nice seating (chairs) on the Sky Suite verandahs with comfy cushions. So far everything that you have shown via your photos is exactly as it was portrayed in the reveal. It would be hard to believe that X would change things at this point. I will continue to be optimistic... 😊

2 hours ago, C-Dragons said:

Not that we’ve experienced. On all the Inaugural sailings we have been on, no furniture was swapped out. But things have been accelerated with Edge, so who knows? 😉

2 hours ago, vtcruising said:

I don’t know if he was in the know - he may have been postulating, but I do know I wasn’t the only one to say something. He was taking notes and said he was going to check into it since he had heard this from more than one person (and the paying cruisers haven’t even boarded yet!). He has my card and said he would get back to me. We will see. 

Thanks for the note and feedback. Hopefully they will do something with the feedback they are getting from those of you that have been on her so far. If not on the Edge I'm sure they will have lessons learned to use on APEX. 

2 hours ago, C-Dragons said:

There were many videos posted of the mock ups at the Edge reveal in Miami that showed nice seating (chairs) on the Sky Suite verandahs with comfy cushions. So far everything that you have shown via your photos is exactly as it was portrayed in the reveal. It would be hard to believe that X would change things at this point. I will continue to be optimistic... 😊

The chairs they showed in the Sky Suite veranda in the Miami reveal and subsequent print and website, is not the same as what is actually there right now. The interior seating is spot on but not the balcony furniture. Actually some of the comfy cushion chairs that were shown in the reveal for Sky Suites can be found in the CS. They paid more and deserve it. :classic_smile:

6 hours ago, luckylissette said:

If you look at VTCruisings pictures above of the pull out table, the white dresser is actually a refrigerator. The dresser next to that is all dr that are sectioned off into two sections inside (I used it for his & hers stuff). If you notice the white box sitting on top of the fridge, that stores outlets to plug in things like your cell phones (it has USB plugs) and can be used for a hair dryer. The hairdryer in the two rooms I was in was stored in two different places, so it may not be in the same place in the room you book. In one, it was in the pull out drawer in the bathroom, in the other is was in a closet shelf, but it's stored in a bag and you can use it wherever you're most comfortable. The bathroom has a plug by the sink as well, so if you're more comfortable doing your hair in the bathroom, you have that option.

Thanks! Here are some pictures:

Bathroom drawer with hairdryer and storage under sink.

6764586C-262F-4543-9A2D-D2617578CB38.thumb.jpeg.971bf04119667d18dc084df2999ff884.jpeg

Divided drawers in in dresser in living room - top one is 3 inches deep and  2 are 6 inches deep and  32 inches long.

BAA3CA05-26BF-49E0-8C57-2006535786E5.thumb.jpeg.d30725851826a2ab9d3c65f19b3d4c2f.jpeg

plug in bathroom:

image.thumb.jpg.efc510dcac0133f081f613c27cc66483.jpg

Refrigerator cupboard

FFC6334D-C4AE-40A7-A780-F7C194CA86DD.thumb.jpeg.69c36cd9ca53383463960fb50b01a764.jpeg

7 hours ago, vtcruising said:

I did see one in a stateroom today that had some sort of hinge and someone said it was a sofa bed. I took about 300 pix today - I’ll look back through. 😀

This is the sofa bed I saw in an ocean view- not sure if the style would be similar in a Sky Suite.BD574ECB-A046-403C-9F97-87728BA09FAC.thumb.jpeg.e140004bec18bee68d8c0e382fc3c866.jpeg

Edited by vtcruising

Sorry posted all those IV pictures in wrong thread - post 281- I’m moving to a Sky in a few hours so will get some detailed pictures then! The big question will be- will I sleep facing the ocean tonight? 😉

Edited by vtcruising

16 hours ago, luckylissette said:

This particular stateroom is, but I really didn't see it as an issue because the Magic Carpet only moves about 2-3 times per day.

Also, because it's between the Magic Carpet rails, it allows for more space for a longer room and more balcony space, but everyone has their own preferences. 🙂

I don't see it as an issue either... I'm on one Jan 6...... I was told mine 9204 had the bed looking out the veranda. Maybe the middle 2 of the 4 between the rails have the bed against the side walls and the 2 outer ones against the bath room???? I called X many months ago and they said mine was against the bathroom.

14 hours ago, vtcruising said:

Thanks! Here are some pictures:

Bathroom drawer with hairdryer and storage under sink.

6764586C-262F-4543-9A2D-D2617578CB38.thumb.jpeg.971bf04119667d18dc084df2999ff884.jpeg

Divided drawers in in dresser in living room - top one is 3 inches deep and  2 are 6 inches deep and  32 inches long.

BAA3CA05-26BF-49E0-8C57-2006535786E5.thumb.jpeg.d30725851826a2ab9d3c65f19b3d4c2f.jpeg

plug in bathroom:

image.thumb.jpg.efc510dcac0133f081f613c27cc66483.jpg

Refrigerator cupboard

FFC6334D-C4AE-40A7-A780-F7C194CA86DD.thumb.jpeg.69c36cd9ca53383463960fb50b01a764.jpeg

Just wondering  why there  is a  combo lock on fridge?

We like ours emptied of the extra cost stuff when we board,  so we can put in  our waters  and carry  on sodas .

Hate when the attendant empties our stuff early on the last night and locks it.

Odd place for a plug..hairdryer or elec shaver...would need a long cord.  

Edited by hcat

41 minutes ago, hcat said:

Just wondering  why there  is a  combo lock on fridge?

Maybe if there are kids in a stateroom and parents don't want them to access it? Or if people don't want to be tempted to use the items and have no use for it as an empty refrigerator?

18 minutes ago, WonderMan3 said:

Maybe if there are kids in a stateroom and parents don't want them to access it? Or if people don't want to be tempted to use the items and have no use for it as an empty refrigerator?

I guess...the key lock was never an issue for us..,.lots of gizmos on EDGE!

33 minutes ago, WonderMan3 said:

Video tour of cabin 10214 which is an S2. It shows how the beds can be separated in the cabin as that had been a question raised recently.

Thank you!  In that short time, you answered several outstanding questions. Love the electronic curtains and bathroom window!  Was concerned with bathroom privacy, but that alloyed those fears. 

Now we just need an aft S1...

• Like 1

11 hours ago, BurBunny said:

Thank you!  In that short time, you answered several outstanding questions. Love the electronic curtains and bathroom window!  Was concerned with bathroom privacy, but that alloyed those fears. 

Now we just need an aft S1...

Yes, the curtains are great! I hate trying to manage curtains in hotels and ships, especially since you know they don't get deep cleaned that often and likely have germs from multiple guests.

"Video tour of cabin 10214 which is an S2. It shows how the beds can be separated in the cabin as that had been a question raised recently. "

I'm sure this has probably been answered somewhere, but I have seen so many pics and videos I can't remember... Is there a spot in the closet to hang clothing in the S2s? This video doesn't show anything like that.

39 minutes ago, alishac said:

"Video tour of cabin 10214 which is an S2. It shows how the beds can be separated in the cabin as that had been a question raised recently. "

I'm sure this has probably been answered somewhere, but I have seen so many pics and videos I can't remember... Is there a spot in the closet to hang clothing in the S2s? This video doesn't show anything like that.

I have never encountered a cruise cabin that did not have a closet with a hanging rod, especially in a suite, so I think you can safely assume that this cabin does. That being said, I think the hanging closet is on the other side of the bathroom door from the closet he did show.

4 minutes ago, WonderMan3 said:

I have never encountered a cruise cabin that did not have a closet with a hanging rod, especially in a suite, so I think you can safely assume that this cabin does. That being said, I think the hanging closet is on the other side of the bathroom door from the closet he did show.

Thanks. I can't imagine them not having a closet to hang things in, but stranger things have happened...

1 hour ago, TonyUK said:

I didn't see the safe. I recall there was a problems when S class was launched with the position as it was difficult to access. It was changed on subsequent ships.

Has anyone located it?

You can see it on one of the shelves when he opens the closet door.

image.thumb.jpg.edbe349c5a4be01ec1fbf2225d0f48dc.jpgimage.thumb.jpg.33ca9a628f51eeecbec5f0e76db64134.jpgOur S 1 has tons of storage!! Two closets- 1 large one for hanging  stuff (note that rod is very high) and a smaller one with 3 deep drawers and 3 large shelves and the safe. The dresser had 3 more large drawers.

The top closet is twice that size.

The bathroom has 3 huge drawers under the sink plus 6 narrow cubbies. There is also room for stuff on the vanity.

Storage is not an issue with these suites!😀

3 large drawers under sink

image.thumb.jpg.f14570eed82cd44ec670c26bfbe882ca.jpg

Edited by vtcruising
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

image.thumb.jpg.edbe349c5a4be01ec1fbf2225d0f48dc.jpgOur S 1 has tons of storage!! Two closets- 1 large one for hanging  stuff (note that rod is very high) and a smaller one with 3 deep drawers and 3 large shelves and the safe. The dresser had 3 more large drawers.

The top closet is twice that size.

The bathroom has 3 huge drawers under the sink plus 6 narrow cubbies. There is also room for stuff on the vanity.

Storage is not an issue with these suites!😀

3 large drawers under sink

Are those robes terry on the inside, and are they warm?

They look very nice. 😊 The closet storage reminds me of the CS on the S-class ships.

Edited by C-Dragons

22 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

Our S 1 has tons of storage!! Two closets- 1 large one for hanging  stuff (note that rod is very high) and a smaller one with 3 deep drawers and 3 large shelves and the safe. The dresser had 3 more large drawers.

Oh my!  Reaching that rod may be difficult for sub-5' me...  I might have to use the butler to help me unpack after all.