Regent Seven Seas "SuiteGuru" - quick reviews & ratings of Regent Seven Seas suites!

1 hour ago, ljsanantonio said:

Looking for comments on Explorer's F1 suite 1010.

No personal experience, but the position of 1010 means it is at risk of noise from above; however, 1010 is an ES not an F1 🤔

• 2 weeks later...

Just off 10 days on Splendor in Penthouse B #657. Wonderful suite for 3 people (has pull-out sofa bed). No noise. Very convenient to Deck 5 (Pacific Rim, Spa and Destinations, etc.) Easy elevator access to La Veranda, Prime7, and Chartreuse. Heartily recommended.

Looking for reviews of room 907 on the Splendor. I read somewhere on here that balconies on the starboard side have an opaque railing that you can't even see over.  I 'think' 907 is on the starboard side.  Thank you!

48 minutes ago, wackypack1 said:

Looking for reviews of room 907 on the Splendor. I read somewhere on here that balconies on the starboard side have an opaque railing that you can't even see over.  I 'think' 907 is on the starboard side.  Thank you!

Your information is not correct. 907 does not have an opaque railing. I have attached a picture of the starboard side of the Splendor. I marked 907 for you.

Seven_Seas_Splendor_74498.jpg 949×712 pixels.pdf

Dave

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/27/2023 at 7:39 AM, briar14 said:

Mariner, 1114, 1 bath, walk-in shower, no noise, absolutely; quiet, near pool deck & La Veranda, really liked this suite

Bill, on May 25 were you at Schwaben House in Greenville? We spoke with someone while waiting to be seated about Regent. After we got home, I thought it might have been you. Jan

Got you posted (finally - running slow on these, sorry)  And yes, that was quite possibly us at Schwaben Haus - I can't be sure of the date but that sounds like it's around the last time we ate there.  You didn't pick up our check, did you?

2 minutes ago, UUNetBill said:

Got you posted (finally - running slow on these, sorry)  And yes, that was quite possibly us at Schwaben Haus - I can't be sure of the date but that sounds like it's around the last time we ate there.  You didn't pick up our check, did you?

Hah! So sorry I only put it together after we got home. When’s your next cruise? We’re on Grandeur in November. Thank you for creating and maintaining these ratings. I use them frequently.

On 6/28/2023 at 4:18 AM, Chateaunole-du-pape said:

Here's a quick overview of Splendor's Suite 957, a starboard Concierge D.

Fantastic layout that feels very spacious. 332 SF interior, and 132 SF balcony. The interior is probably larger than many hotel rooms we have stayed in, and because of the excellent storage and thoughtful design, feels even more spacious than it is. Enormous walk-in closet with ample hanging, drawer and cubby storage. Very nice bathroom with dual sinks, lots of counter space, and a full run of storage behind little rails above the sink. Full tub and separate shower. The couch is really a love seat, so it's not intended for napping, but this particular one does feature a pull-out sofa. We have not checked the comfort of the mattress, but the fact that it's a pull-out does not impact the sitting comfort of the couch. The very deep balcony includes two adjustable loungers, a dining-height table about 30" in diameter, and a chaise longue. There is no balcony above, only a partial overhang from Prime 7, so it is less shaded than most other balconies on the ship, but this likely also gives both the balcony and suite a more open feeling. We don't like the sun, but never felt that we were getting too much sun and also still felt like we had complete privacy.

No noteworthy noise issues. The suite is directly below Prime 7, and no dining noise comes through, though you can hear the staff move chairs periodically for 5-10 minutes around 10:30 pm, presumably while they're vacuuming. It's not bothersome in the least. The door to the suite is also across from a crew galley or similar - you can periodically hear glasses clinking in the hallway - but the suite itself is so well insulated that you never hear anything while inside, so I would not hesitate to book any suite on the ship that happened to be near a crew access.

Would we book this one again? Absolutely.

Spreadsheets updated - thank you for the comprehensive review!!  Very nice.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, briar14 said:

Hah! So sorry I only put it together after we got home. When’s your next cruise? We’re on Grandeur in November. Thank you for creating and maintaining these ratings. I use them frequently.

Jan, it's my pleasure.  I know I use similar resources on other sites, my wife says I over-analyze things.  She may be right - I'll put together a spreadsheet and see if that's true...  🙂

We haven't been able to cruise as much as we'd like lately - between work and family functions we've blown the vacation budget until our next cruise in April - Abu Dhabi to Athens.  We had several others planned post-Covid but had to shuffle things around to squeeze in a trip to Guam to visit our Navy nurse daughter.  Managed to hit Hawaii for a week on the way back so that wasn't too bad...but still not a Regent cruise.  So really, really looking forward to being back on board next spring...

• Like 1

Bill, I really want to thank you for this resource. We are fairly new to Regent, and have just booked a cruise on Mariner.  It's a ways away, and (because I have a mobility impairment), I requested a shower-only cabin.  I was still a bit nervous about our cabin (752), but, when I saw the review it got here, it set my mind at ease.  I have to say, our Regent cruise consultant has been really good thus far.  It seems she really listens and understands, and knows the ships.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Bill! 

We were on Navigator Aug. 8-28, 2023 in cabin 920. I went to make a review but I did a review of the same cabin in 2020! 😮 She was in excellent condition and I'd say exactly the same things, but not sure how to proceed. Perhaps update the date of the review? I always look and wonder if a review is "stale" and may be different now. Thanks again for all of your efforts to make cruising a awesome expereience. This spreadsheet takes some of the anxiety out of the equation when picking cabin locations. It's an awesome resource. 

John

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Bill, et al,

We had an interesting suite (#1000) on Splendor as an upgrade.  It's the forwardmost suite on deck 10 and directly behind some senior crew suites then the bridge wing so you can see activity on the port side of the bridge since the suite has a flared balcony which sticks out farther than the crew suites ahead of it.

CC Rating Template - Splendor.xls

• 2 weeks later...

We sailed on the Explorer from Seward to Vancouver September 13.  Received an email from Regent a few days before we left for Alaska offering upgrades, and we upgraded from Concierge to an Explorer Suite (some say former Seven Seas Suite), Suite 1011, for what I viewed as a fair cost.  Great Suite.  Seems to be below the smoking area on the pool deck.  Since it was an Alaska cruise and the weather was cold, no one was using the pool deck but on one or two occasions we did hear furniture being moved in the morning.

I would book this suite again, even if not getting a discounted upgrade price.  Everything about the suite was great.  The actual door between the bedroom and living area allowed my wife to sleep in while I get up a bit early.  It has one and one-half baths.   She did not even hear the coffee maker which was a bit loud.   We would have liked to use the balcony but the weather was not warm enough.  On our second to last night they tied down all the furniture as the seas were expected to be rough.  There was one night that it was pretty rough all night.  The night they tied things down they said it would be rough for a window of time (about three hours) and they were spot on.  If money was no object, I would probably book the Grand suite next door or across the ship (1012 or 1015, respectively).

Only peeve about the ship, and it is a first world peeve, is the advertising for "distinguished suites" online and also in their printed literature suggest that the Distinctive Suites are entitled to guaranteed specialty restaurant reservations.  (https://www.rssc.com/experience/suites/distinctive-suites). That is only true for Regent, Grand and Master suites.   

My only other peeve is the included lodging in Anchorage was the Hilton, and it was pretty run-down.

We are looking at a 19 night mediterranean cruise on Regent for 2025.

Edited by Bruce61
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/6/2023 at 3:13 PM, Jlhalldc said:

Hi Bill! 

We were on Navigator Aug. 8-28, 2023 in cabin 920. I went to make a review but I did a review of the same cabin in 2020! 😮 She was in excellent condition and I'd say exactly the same things, but not sure how to proceed. Perhaps update the date of the review? I always look and wonder if a review is "stale" and may be different now. Thanks again for all of your efforts to make cruising a awesome expereience. This spreadsheet takes some of the anxiety out of the equation when picking cabin locations. It's an awesome resource. 

John

John, I just cut-and-pasted your previous review with an updated date and a comment that all previous comments still apply.  Thanks for the input, and sorry for the delay in updating - life getting in the way again!!

• Like 1

On 9/15/2023 at 10:05 PM, Portolan said:

Bill, et al,

We had an interesting suite (#1000) on Splendor as an upgrade.  It's the forwardmost suite on deck 10 and directly behind some senior crew suites then the bridge wing so you can see activity on the port side of the bridge since the suite has a flared balcony which sticks out farther than the crew suites ahead of it.

CC Rating Template - Splendor.xls 33 kB · 44 downloads

Scott, got you updated, sorry for the delay!!

On 9/30/2023 at 7:21 PM, Bruce61 said:

We sailed on the Explorer from Seward to Vancouver September 13.  Received an email from Regent a few days before we left for Alaska offering upgrades, and we upgraded from Concierge to an Explorer Suite (some say former Seven Seas Suite), Suite 1011, for what I viewed as a fair cost.  Great Suite.  Seems to be below the smoking area on the pool deck.  Since it was an Alaska cruise and the weather was cold, no one was using the pool deck but on one or two occasions we did hear furniture being moved in the morning.

I would book this suite again, even if not getting a discounted upgrade price.  Everything about the suite was great.  The actual door between the bedroom and living area allowed my wife to sleep in while I get up a bit early.  It has one and one-half baths.   She did not even hear the coffee maker which was a bit loud.   We would have liked to use the balcony but the weather was not warm enough.  On our second to last night they tied down all the furniture as the seas were expected to be rough.  There was one night that it was pretty rough all night.  The night they tied things down they said it would be rough for a window of time (about three hours) and they were spot on.  If money was no object, I would probably book the Grand suite next door or across the ship (1012 or 1015, respectively).

Only peeve about the ship, and it is a first world peeve, is the advertising for "distinguished suites" online and also in their printed literature suggest that the Distinctive Suites are entitled to guaranteed specialty restaurant reservations.  (https://www.rssc.com/experience/suites/distinctive-suites). That is only true for Regent, Grand and Master suites.   

My only other peeve is the included lodging in Anchorage was the Hilton, and it was pretty run-down.

We are looking at a 19 night mediterranean cruise on Regent for 2025.

Bruce, I basically added your comments into the cells for this suite to give people a sense of the cabin.  If you want to add or remove any comments, please let me know.  Thanks for the write-up!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Mariner - 925 - October 2023 - Shower only - Some noise issues - Recommend - Great location, loved the suite.  The only issue is it is right across from the pantry, and unfortunately, they were a bit noisy coming and going early morning (5-6 am) and late evening (9:30-10 pm).  Otherwise the suite was perfect!

Mariner Cabin #949 - We took a nine day cruise out of Los Angeles in this Concierge shower/tub cabin. This was our first time on Regent and we wanted to test it out as we were already booked in #949 for 132 days on the 2024 World Cruise. The test passed with flying colors. The cabin was larger and nicer than we expected. Some of the You Tube videos on Mariner Concierge suites don’t really do it justice. We were wary of the shower/tub combo because of negative comments on CC but we actually enjoyed having the option. The cabin temperature was very well regulated and everything was in working order including the plumbing. The walk in closet is wonderful and having the curtain available to separate the “bedroom” from the “den” when one person is sleeping and the other reading or watching TV was a great touch. The individual reading lights over the bed are also a nice feature. The only downside was that we would have preferred individual chairs in the “den” to the rather crowded loveseat style sofa. The bottom line is that we are looking forward to another four and a half months in #949. After that long, we may have a different update! 😱🤣

Splendor cabin 900. PH C Forward facing.

I had been searching for so long for a review on this cabin before our cruise, as I was unsure it being forward facing and directly under the bridge, but couldn't find anything. So attached is my review to anyone else who has been curious of a forward facing.  We didn't get to pick this as it was the only one left in our category, but we would get it again for the views from the balcony and was very private.  No one is next to you!  Also when viewing the bridge camera on your TV you can see 800 and 700, but not 900.

This was also my very first cruise so my review may not be the same to others as I have nothing to compare my experience to.

With that said, we would feel extreme vibrations in our cabin when coming into port and leaving.  Seemed to be when the ship was turning.  Is this something that is felt throughout or is it more forward facing?  The noise and rattling is quite loud that it can disturb you if you were sleeping.

Splendor 900 review.xls

On 10/22/2023 at 3:38 PM, seniormom said:

Mariner - 925

23 hours ago, MarinerLad said:

Mariner Cabin #949 

6 hours ago, kimmerh24 said:

Splendor cabin 900. PH C Forward facing.

Spreadsheets updated - thanks for your input!!

• Thanks 1

We recently had Explorer 672 for a Japan cruise. The hot water in the shower and basin left a lot to be desired. After a couple of days we had tepid water to shower in on 3 mornings and a cold shower on another. It was checked out by the chief engineer and the head of guest relations, when we reported the problem after the 2nd day; so they were certainly responsive to our problem. However, when they tested it was apparently ok and set to 41c. The GR head suggested we let the hot water run for 5 mins before showering; to let the cold water in the pipes flow through. This didn’t make any difference but I knew there as no point contacting GR again. Unexpectedly and very welcome, the hot water corrected itself after a few days, until the tepid 2nd last day, then was ok again for disembarkation.

Just a warning to prospective guests, as there was no intervention which caused the poor temperature nor to correct it. It’s a shame because 672 is in a very good location (if you like proximity to self laundry and gym).