who wants to ban the word ressie?

luckyinpa

ban ressie or not  

27 members have voted

1. 1. ban ressie or not

• ban the word ressie
    • let ressie live

The lack of capitalization is also annoying. How difficult can it be to actually type capital letters where appropriate? :confused:

Let's also ban the use of lower case letters at the beginning of sentences, and the use of lower case "i" when using the first person. :D

I can't speak for everyone who does this. But, I have a problem with a weakness in my pinky fingers. In fact, I just had another physical therapy session to try to strengthen my hands this morning. If I don't always correct my case mistakes, it's because I'm having a tough day with my fingers.

On the other hand, it would be nice if people here would get a clue that they're not cruising on a "boat" and eating in a "dinning room."

I am far more dismayed by people who are too lazy to learn how to spell the name of a beautiful, elegant ship and use a tacky nickname as if calling a toy poodle: Connie, Millie, Zuidy, Westie, Silly...

If it has not already, I'm sure Edgy will soon be added to the list!

I am far more dismayed by people who are too lazy to learn how to spell the name of a beautiful, elegant ship and use a tacky nickname as if calling a toy poodle: Connie, Millie, Zuidy, Westie, Silly...

I agree with you with the way people will not use the proper name of a ship. I hate it when I see Zuidy, Westie, etc.

I think they are just too lazy to type the proper name of a ship.

There is only one 'Connie'.

CV-64.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Connie Francis?

Have a nice day. And if God wills, grant you continued good health, to live and not die before your next cruise.

'I cruise to stay healthy, and to have a slice of apple pie every day before I die."

Is this spelling correct?

Curmudgeon

Have a nice day. And if God wills, grant you continued good health, to live and not die before you take your next cruise.

The lack of capitalization is also annoying. How difficult can it be to actually type capital letters where appropriate? :confused:

Let's also ban the use of lower case letters at the beginning of sentences, and the use of lower case "i" when using the first person. :D

lower case letters are easier to read on the internet.

lower case letters are easier to read on the internet.

i didn't know that.

Have a nice day!

"I cruise to stay healthy, and to eat a slice of apple pie every day before I die."

Edited by Kingofcool1947

Yours is one of the more interesting rants on the thread. :):o

So, what do you say to a person with a hand or finger disability that has difficulty typing?

Enjoy your cruise, and if God wills, grant you continued good heath, to live and not die before your next cruise.

Edited by Kingofcool1947

We do take the OPs post in the spirit intended :). However, the entire subject of banning words, restricting free speech, and censorship...really gets me on my speech box! The only words we would like to see unused (not banned) are "offensive" and "racist." Both of these words are horribly overused and now, more often then not, a technique used by some to cut off any discussion! Personally, when I see a word or a discussion which I find unappealing....I simply move on to the next item. Censorship takes many forms, but is a very slippery slope.

Hank

We do take the OPs post in the spirit intended :). However, the entire subject of banning words, restricting free speech, and censorship...really gets me on my speech box! The only words we would like to see unused (not banned) are "offensive" and "racist." Both of these words are horribly overused and now, more often then not, a technique used by some to cut off any discussion! Personally, when I see a word or a discussion which I find unappealing....I simply move on to the next item. Censorship takes many forms, but is a very slippery slope.

Hank

I will have to agree. A very slippery slope, indeed.

I can't for the life of me get excited over someones nicknames for words and no need for a poll. As long as I understand the concept of the post that is all that really matters. For the snarky comments on grammar and spelling and punctuation there needs to be a little more tolerance. Not everyone here has English as their first language, may suffer from dyslexia or have a physical impairment that makes communicating difficult.

I love reading CC for concepts, tips and reviews of cruisers vacations. Please continue to post even if you use cutesy words or forget a comma or capital or a period. It is all good, I like reading them anyway.

Yours is one of the more interesting rants on the thread. :):o

So, what do you say to a person with a hand or finger disability that has difficulty typing?

I rather doubt that there are that many people with hand or finger disabilities. The number is most likely quite small. I have no doubt that most of the people who can't be bothered with proper capitalization are too lazy to write properly.

Really? Then, using your argument, no letters at all would be even easier.

Not using proper capitalization is just being lazy. Nothing else. Just lazy.

They may be lazy to you. Others see them as the 21st century cool cats on the block.