who wants to ban the word ressie?

luckyinpa

ban ressie or not  

27 members have voted

1. 1. ban ressie or not

• ban the word ressie
    • let ressie live

i'm pretty sure the forum has a swear word filter. can we get ressie added to that filter

absent my belief in free speech, i want the right to quash this word from existence. 1st time i saw it on the forum i didnt even know what it was. res i could understand but how does reservation get to ressie

i'm pretty sure the forum has a swear word filter. can we get ressie added to that filter

absent my belief in free speech, i want the right to quash this word from existence. 1st time i saw it on the forum i didnt even know what it was. res i could understand but how does reservation get to ressie

Evidently ressie is the diminutive of res.

I've only seen it used twice.

I am far more dismayed by people who are too lazy to learn how to spell the name of a beautiful, elegant ship and use a tacky nickname as if calling a toy poodle: Connie, Millie, Zuidy, Westie, Silly...

Since it is mostly cruisers of those ships who do that I don't think it's laziness so much as affection, a pet nickname for a beloved ship.

I am far more dismayed by people who are too lazy to learn how to spell the name of a beautiful, elegant ship and use a tacky nickname as if calling a toy poodle: Connie, Millie, Zuidy, Westie, Silly...

i had a friend just fly frontier. they said they names of the planes are something like zippy dolphin.

quite interesting.

I'd settle for correct grammar and word usage.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The lack of capitalization is also annoying. How difficult can it be to actually type capital letters where appropriate? :confused:

Let's also ban the use of lower case letters at the beginning of sentences, and the use of lower case "i" when using the first person. :D

Edited by SantaFeFan

The lack of capitalization is also annoying. How difficult can it be to actually type capital letters where appropriate? :confused:

Let's also ban the use of lower case letters at the beginning of sentences, and the use of lower case "i" when using the first person. :D

Ironic, isn't it, that the poster complaining about people using an abbreviated word instead of the correct word can't be bothered to capitalize when appropriate? Isn't that also a form of abbreviation? ;p

I'd settle for correct grammar and word usage.

I would settle for CC letting us correct the many instances of excruciatingly bad spelling, grammar and bad usage of lower case letters - which they will not do for obvious reasons.

DON

Ironic, isn't it, that the poster complaining about people using an abbreviated word instead of the correct word can't be bothered to capitalize when appropriate? Isn't that also a form of abbreviation? ;p

They also couldn't be bothered to type out the word 'First". Starting a sentence with a numeral was an automatic 'F' when I was in school.

And since nobody's gone there yet: "cabin Stewart" and "mustard drill" should net the user a lifetime ban. Infantile behavior at its most primal.

I would settle for CC letting us correct the many instances of excruciatingly bad spelling, grammar and bad usage of lower case letters - which they will not do for obvious reasons.

DON[/QOUTE]

The sheer laziness of b, r, and u instead of be, are/ our/ or and you. Or worse, 2 for to/ too.

They also couldn't be bothered to type out the word 'First". Starting a sentence with a numeral was an automatic 'F' when I was in school.

And since nobody's gone there yet: "cabin Stewart" and "mustard drill" should net the user a lifetime ban. Infantile behavior at its most primal.

So are you saying that you don't relish the mustard drill? ;p

I SO, SO, SO AGREE. i think it quite annoying.

Ships???? All this time I thought they were the new 7 dwarfs!:D;p

And I have to agree about dumping "ressie"!

I agree with you, it gets under my skin, especially 'The Connie' :loudcry:

And since nobody's gone there yet: "cabin Stewart" ......

How about a cabin steward whose name is Stewart. Would he be considered a "cabin Stewart"? And if he also conducts training sessions to new kitchen staff on how to correctly apply mustard, would he then be "the cabin Stewart who conducts mustard drills"? :D:halo: