First Time Celebrity Elite

John Reid

What happens on Celebrity when you go on as Select but will earn Elite while on the cruise? I've talked to CC and they said the Elite would not kick in until after the cruise you earn it. On another line in December, they told us that we would get the higher CC level ON the cruise where it is earned. Has anyone had this experience on Celebrity? Is it a ship by ship basis with the CC crew on board?

thanks

You will not be awarded Elite until after you disembark your cruise....at least that is how it was for us

What happens on Celebrity when you go on as Select but will earn Elite while on the cruise? I've talked to CC and they said the Elite would not kick in until after the cruise you earn it. On another line in December, they told us that we would get the higher CC level ON the cruise where it is earned. Has anyone had this experience on Celebrity? Is it a ship by ship basis with the CC crew on board?

thanks

You are upgraded on the following cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thanks

On Celebrity the loyalty points are assigned after the cruise has been completed. Folks don't move from one loyalty tier to another during a cruise.

If you are elite, your spouse should be also. (at least that is the way it was in the past)

If you and your spouse have taken different cruises and have different amounts of points then it is of course possible that one can be Elite and the other not.

However, the original question was can a non-elite join the elite spouse in the Elite cocktail party and I am fairly sure that the answer is yes.

We love the ambiance of the Elite cocktail event. Even with a drinks package and access to Michael’s Club we will always visit one or two nights a cruise.

On S class Tuscan is a great light breakfast venue, especially on sea days when you can enjoy watching the wake of the ship whilst sipping a Bellini!

We never really enjoyed the Diamond lounge on RC...just too busy. On our last cruise (Allure) we tried visiting a couple of times but it was jam packed from opening to closing....

Sorry to spoil someone's party but the Elite functions are NOT always held in the sky lounge or equivalent. The location is dependant upon what activities there are going on around the ship at the designated time. On our last COnstellation cruise at least one Elite function was moved to the Oceanview bar on the stern

My 1st question would be how did they stop none Elite/Elite Plus from entering the Oceanview aft bar? On the S Class ships it is normally held in the Sky Observation Lounge. On the M Class ship they normally held in the Reflections Lounge. They used to close the whole lounge off, but now the seem to leave some potion open to the general public.

My 1st question would be how did they stop none Elite/Elite Plus from entering the Oceanview aft bar? On the S Class ships it is normally held in the Sky Observation Lounge. On the M Class ship they normally held in the Reflections Lounge. They used to close the whole lounge off, but now the seem to leave some potion open to the general public.

There is always someone from the staff standing at the door verifying status on your seapass card as you enter.

You will not be awarded Elite until after you disembark your cruise....at least that is how it was for us

For everyone it's the same. The only exception, although it's not really an exception would be if you achieve the new captains club status after completing the first leg of a B2B. In that case, you need to inform the Captains Club representative and they will expedite the awarded points so that you can benefit from the new level on the second leg of the B2B.

Our last 3 cruises on the S-class ships had the Elite happy hour in Sky lounge but they scanned your card for 3 drinks - like loaded coupons. However, the Sky lounge was open to everyone & it was impossible to find a seat & the atmosphere was ruined by people running around in bathing suits with cover-ups & shorts.... Also, it took 40 mins to get an Apple-tini & it was yellow (they should be the color of sour apple - green) We miss the old happy hour - after one try on each cruise we never returned.

Our last 3 cruises on the S-class ships had the Elite happy hour in Sky lounge but they scanned your card for 3 drinks - like loaded coupons. However, the Sky lounge was open to everyone & it was impossible to find a seat & the atmosphere was ruined by people running around in bathing suits with cover-ups & shorts.... Also, it took 40 mins to get an Apple-tini & it was yellow (they should be the color of sour apple - green) We miss the old happy hour - after one try on each cruise we never returned.

If you had drinks loaded on card and the lounge was open to everyone, you did not have the elite cocktail party.

I will finally achieve Elite level on my next cruise, and though I’m most delighted about the laundry and internet minutes, I’m also looking forward to being able to join Elite and Elite+ friends at the Cocktail Party. I must say that your description leads me to think I may find it a disappointment:(

I will finally achieve Elite level on my next cruise, and though I’m most delighted about the laundry and internet minutes, I’m also looking forward to being able to join Elite and Elite+ friends at the Cocktail Party. I must say that your description leads me to think I may find it a disappointment:(

I have never been to an Elite Cocktail party, as there have always been too many Elites sailing on the cruises that we have been on. Instead we have always been given the 3 coupons which can be used in any bar on the ship.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We went to our first Elite cocktail party on our last Summit cruise. We found that we did not need the drink package because we sat at the bar and our bartender kept us "happy". We went every night and enjoyed the company of the other bar flies and the bartender.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Forums mobile app

Our last 3 cruises on the S-class ships had the Elite happy hour in Sky lounge but they scanned your card for 3 drinks - like loaded coupons. .

Perhaps you mean to say Celebrity scanned your cards for free drinks during the Elite Happy hour?

We have enjoyed the Elite Happy Hour. Often, we start chatting with someone who we end up going to dinner with (in Blu) and going together on excursions.

We usually have to start turning down refills so we can make it to dinner halfway sober.

We have enjoyed the Elite Happy Hour. Often, we start chatting with someone who we end up going to dinner with (in Blu) and going together on excursions.

We usually have to start turning down refills so we can make it to dinner halfway sober.

Sounds quite lovely. We met some delightful people in Blu during our sole sailing in Aqua last year. Hopefully we’ll have a similar experience to yours at the Elite Happy Hour even if we’re not in Aqua.

I understand what you mean about refills. On a recent cruise, our sommelier had great stealth action with the wine bottle. He’d top off our glasses as we were conversing with our friends, and we’d only realize how much we’d had to drink when stood up to leave! We swiftly learned to keep our glasses in view to head him off lol.

I have never been to an Elite Cocktail party, as there have always been too many Elites sailing on the cruises that we have been on. Instead we have always been given the 3 coupons which can be used in any bar on the ship.

Both our recent cruises had a great many Elites, so I believe the coupons were in use. Our first cruise as Elite will be a Southern Caribbean itinerary, so I imagine there will be too many Elites for a Cocktail Party to be held. May the coupons be used for any cocktail?

There is always someone from the staff standing at the door verifying status on your seapass card as you enter.

Originally posted by Beanb41 Sorry to spoil someone's party but the Elite functions are NOT always held in the sky lounge or equivalent. The location is dependant upon what activities there are going on around the ship at the designated time. On our last COnstellation cruise at least one Elite function was moved to the Oceanview bar on the stern

Beanb41 said that the event was held at the Oceanview aft bar. If my memory is right deck ten Oceanview bar has 2 entrances, plus 2 set of stairs coming down from deck 11. Just not the norm of where they hold the event.

• 2 weeks later...

We are Diamond status on Royal and sailing for the first time on Celebrity as Elite next month. Is there a time limit for the 3 drink coupons each evening and are there any additional benefits on the evenings when there is no Elite gathering? I assume the coupons can’t be used in the MDR, but is there a corkage fee? Looking forward to maximizing the perks ;)

We are Diamond status on Royal and sailing for the first time on Celebrity as Elite next month. Is there a time limit for the 3 drink coupons each evening and are there any additional benefits on the evenings when there is no Elite gathering? I assume the coupons can’t be used in the MDR, but is there a corkage fee? Looking forward to maximizing the perks ;)

There was a time limit on the 3 coupons each evening, and on the Eclipse it was strictly adhered to. I say that because a guest had made it to the bar 2 minutes after the cut off time and couldn’t be served. I seem to recall it was 7.p.m.

We cruise primarily on Celebrity, but have taken a couple of Royal cruises as Diamond. We found that the free evening cocktail events on RCL were better suited for our needs than what is offered on Celebrity; we never have a beverage package. Other parts of Celebrity's Elite perks are, in our opinion, better than those offered by Royal. But for us Royal does a much better job with the free evening cocktails.

Re: the "coupons" - these may or may not be available on your cruise. Coupons are only used on cruises with a very large number of Elites. Typically these cruises are transatlantic or transpacific, and perhaps some other longer or unique cruises.

If coupons are used, you are correct about not being able to use them in the MDR. There are no additional benefits on nights without an Elite gathering; those nights are embarkation night, and the night of the Senior Officer's reception, at which cocktails are served.

I have also been diamond for a while on RCL and this will be my 3rd celebrity cruise but first at Elite...

I am curious to know what the Elite breakfast consists of?

Thanks

This very thread contains the answer to your question. Start with post 38